5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the peragon and also put in a bed rug impact mat works good. Fills in the groves Make bed smooth. The bad thing about the peragon is nothing can get up under where it opens. the good thing is its easy to remove for big stuff or ATV,s And if you have the dollars you can get it color matched to your truck.
Have you been happy with the Peragon cover?

dalailama23

Reaction score
Just remember you might have to put a cargo stop in there if you have stuff that could slide forward all the way to the front otherwise it wont open and you have to climb in or use some kind of hook to pull the obstruction out of the way. i get very little water most of it around the stake holes so i filled them with bull ring tie downs.

RAM_Blue

Reaction score
Just remember you might have to put a cargo stop in there if you have stuff that could slide forward all the way to the front otherwise it wont open and you have to climb in or use some kind of hook to pull the obstruction out of the way. i get very little water most of it around the stake holes so i filled them with bull ring tie downs.

I use the cargo pole to stop things from sliding forward cover or not. Much easier to hold gas cans and such against the tailgate than strapping them in.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of us with RamBoxes, the bed sides and RamBox divider are AWESOME for this purpose...able to be “locked in” every few inches from front to back.

TwinSac

Reaction score
My Truxport arrived today from tonneaucovered.com (it took a long time to get shipped).

Did a dry fit and the cover is 3" too long. Now I have to go through the process of returning the product and getting the replacement...of course they are closed for the next two days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

DoktorMoody

Reaction score
I've got another popular one, the Bakflip MX4. It's a three piece, hard cover. I'm super happy with it, about a $1,000 installed.
Where did you connect the drain tubing? Their youtube video is done on an F150.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Just took my truck cover to the car wash for the first time.. undercover ultra flex and barely any water probly a cup worth so happy that it works properly!!!!

lunchboxphil

Reaction score
Just took my truck cover to the car wash for the first time.. undercover ultra flex and barely any water probly a cup worth so happy that it works properly!!!!
I too have the Undercover Ultra Flex and I too took it through the carwash for the first time earlier this week. I think more water dripped from opening the tailgate to check than what was in the bed from the carwash.

When I first got the cover it rained for a week. There was some water behind the wheel wells, but oddly the rear utility fitment holes are not capped. The front ones are. I ordered some snug fitting caps and no more leaks.

Caps in case anyone else is looking:

kittyjo

Reaction score
I too have the Undercover Ultra Flex and I too took it through the carwash for the first time earlier this week. I think more water dripped from opening the tailgate to check than what was in the bed from the carwash.

When I first got the cover it rained for a week. There was some water behind the wheel wells, but oddly the rear utility fitment holes are not capped. The front ones are. I ordered some snug fitting caps and no more leaks.
My water collects towards the front corners of the bed but so far not bad... but small gap between center tailgate and cover

lunchboxphil

Reaction score
My water collects towards the front corners of the bed but so far not bad... but small gap between center tailgate and cover
Hmm. Is it possible to move the cover back towards the tailgate a little? I tried to line the front just over the strip so I have as much of the rubber coverage on the tailgate as possible. Otherwise, I wonder if a strip of small weatherstrip on the bottom of the cover that would sit on the tailgate when locked down would benefit you.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Hmm. Is it possible to move the cover back towards the tailgate a little? I tried to line the front just over the strip so I have as much of the rubber coverage on the tailgate as possible. Otherwise, I wonder if a strip of small weatherstrip on the bottom of the cover that would sit on the tailgate when locked down would benefit you.
I will try that weatherstrip.. where did u find it at?

Attachments

• 053F1190-181D-4B52-B362-D55113ED0810.jpeg
    053F1190-181D-4B52-B362-D55113ED0810.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 80
Reaction score
Does either the Bakflip MX4 or the Undercover Ultraflex open by folding back from the cab? I want to be able to get to an undercover tool box at the back of the cab without opening the cover all the way from the tailgate. Thanks for the info.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does either the Bakflip MX4 or the Undercover Ultraflex open by folding back from the cab? I want to be able to get to an undercover tool box at the back of the cab without opening the cover all the way from the tailgate. Thanks for the info.

No

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I went with the Truxport Truxedo. $300 and took about 30 min to install. It does take a little adjusting to get the positioning just right. Having the 5'7'' bed I didn't want to sacrifice any bed space at all so I went with a roll-up. I don't necessarily love the look of a tonneau cover in general but wanted it for function. Material the cover is made from seems to be decent quality. Easy install. Tough to beat for the $.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the peragon and also put in a bed rug impact mat works good. Fills in the groves Make bed smooth. The bad thing about the peragon is nothing can get up under where it opens. the good thing is its easy to remove for big stuff or ATV,s And if you have the dollars you can get it color matched to your truck.
tH
[/QUO
Color mach is the rout I went. Really like the way it turned out. A really clean look IMO. 1230191449a.jpg 1230191449.jpg

Big CountryRR

Reaction score
2020 Laramie1500 I bought an Undercover Elite today. Looks awesome. Short bed, no ram box or crazy tailgate.

Kob0583

Reaction score
5b550c916c8278a5453d0d05e0fbd11c.jpg

Did a low pro had one on a Tacoma still holding up after 8 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread