5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tonneau covers that work with the multifunction tailgate?

Scottygolf

Reaction score
What size are the flat allen screws and where do I get them?
Amazon - still have not shown up but here is the link (for $9 I took a chance as I read this was the size)

M8-1.25 x 12mm Flat Head Socket Cap Screws, Stainless Steel A2-70, DIN 7991, Allen Socket Drive,Full Thread, Machine Thread, 15 PCS, M8PT-N6J-12mm-15PCS​

GeorgeA

Reaction score

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gents,

The side bolts need to be around 3 inches long (80mm). The bolts that are listed are way to short for the side or the back of the bed.

12mm is less than 1/2 inch.

-G
Thanks!

I'm lining up everything I need before I get my truck. Once it's here, obviously I can pull the bolts and check, but then I'll have to wait to install my cover while my ordered replacement bolts get shipped.

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Ok. This is my first post. But I want you guys to know that the Truxedo Sentry available for the multi-function tailgate. They have two version. I have the sentry and the also have the sentry CT. It is a hard roll-up cover. It is also low profile. They just finish designing the rails last week. I had to wait 3 weeks to get it, but it is better than expected. Had the Solid-Fold 2.0 and did not like. I have included some pics.
I’m glad to see now one cover that fits without modification the MFT and hope to see a few more companies adding an option. Looks great.

Scottygolf

Reaction score
Gents,

The side bolts need to be around 3 inches long (80mm). The bolts that are listed are way to short for the side or the back of the bed.

12mm is less than 1/2 inch.

-G
I took the info from someplace on the site - if they don't work I'm not going to worry. thought it gave a cleaner look anyway

Check half way down the page from another member - this is where I got the info and by the pictures they look like they fit.

Reactions: c3k

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took the info from someplace on the site - if they don't work I'm not going to worry. thought it gave a cleaner look anyway

Check half way down the page from another member - this is where I got the info and by the pictures they look like they fit.
Thanks!

M8-1.25 x 80mm

enigmaaron

Reaction score
If you only open the Left hand side, you could throw something in. But you do need to release the back latches, close the tailgate then latch them back.
Are you saying you can't open/close the tailgate without unlatching/relatching the cover?

Scottygolf

Reaction score
If you only open the Left hand side, you could throw something in. But you do need to release the back latches, close the tailgate then latch them back.
Kind of sounds like a Pain in the rear. Is that similar to all other covers folks have gone with. This looked like the simple solution but with a minor issue. My wife, if ever used it would totally keep slamming this in. Would not be pretty.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Here’s a closer look at how the Bak Revolver X4s seals against the tailgate. The Tuxedo looks like it is probably a better seal since it is along the top, but the trade off is having to re-close the cover whenever you open the tailgate. The Bak has a gasket that presses against the upper inside edge of the tailgate, and the cover extends over the top a little bit but there is no seal on top.
9C49ABD4-00A3-4442-ADDE-8B77F3AB3085.jpeg

Last edited:

Scottygolf

Reaction score
I connected with Truxedo on the Sentry and Sentry CT about closing the tailgate. Here is what they said: Our guidance would be to close the tailgate first and then the close the tonneau cover. The rear header seal will lay flat across the tailgate providing the best water management. You can do it other way and the rear header seal will “train itself” to close to the inside of the tailgate. It’s just not optimal in our opinion.

So it makes sense.

danny6876

Reaction score
Are you saying you can't open/close the tailgate without unlatching/relatching the cover?
You can open the doors/tailgate. But if you close it without unlatching then the rubber would not sit correctly on the top of the tailgate.

davidn0021

Reaction score
This is why I love my LoMax. I can close/open the doors and have no issues with the seal.

Dallasfan

Reaction score
My dealer said that they could install a Backflip MX 4 on my 2021 1500 limited with MFT. 🤞🏻

Scottygolf

Reaction score
I put on on my Truxedo Senty today. The side rail by the cab did not sit flush which was due to the bracket. Loosened up the brackets and pounded a rubber mallet and then it lowered and leveled them out. Tightened down the rails on and off to the races. Re-tightened everything. Overall very pleased with it so far.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 65

Dallasfan

Reaction score
Please let us know how they are doing that. I cannot see how it can be done with the OEM corner brackets.
I thought the same thing, but they claim it can be done with the braces in place. The one thing I know is that they assured me that whatever they do it will not void the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread