5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover for 2019 with RamBox

titleDISC

Reaction score
Gang,

I purchased the BAK Lfip F1 through Luke at TRUCKALTERATIONS.COM for a very nice price. He shipped VERY quick and everything installed perfectly. Very happy! Thanks Luke!

Regards,
Brad

aametzger

Reaction score
I am getting an mx4 installed right now at Ziebart. I have the ram boxes and it came with the factory softcover. I just didn't like how high it sat up on the bed. Looking forward to picking it up later today :)

Side note, does anyone in Ohio want to buy my OEM cover? It's brand new, only been on the truck for a week. Message me and I will make you a good deal. Otherwise, it will just be collecting dust in my garage :)

aametzger

Reaction score
I am getting an mx4 installed right now at Ziebart. I have the ram boxes and it came with the factory softcover. I just didn't like how high it sat up on the bed. Looking forward to picking it up later today :)

Side note, does anyone in Ohio want to buy my OEM cover? It's brand new, only been on the truck for a week. Message me and I will make you a good deal. Otherwise, it will just be collecting dust in my garage :)

I bit of a hickup with the cover install. Apparently the mx4 won't install with the stock tonneau cover black rails, need the silver ones. After the issue, some very specific searching on this forum shows that I'm not the only one that has run into this. I really wish Ziebart would have known this ahead of time, and at least I could have made an informed decision. At $130+ per side for the replacement OEM silver rails, that jacks the price up quite a bit. Now I'm trying to figure out how bad I want the new cover...

aametzger

Reaction score
I bit of a hickup with the cover install. Apparently the mx4 won't install with the stock tonneau cover black rails, need the silver ones. After the issue, some very specific searching on this forum shows that I'm not the only one that has run into this. I really wish Ziebart would have known this ahead of time, and at least I could have made an informed decision. At $130+ per side for the replacement OEM silver rails, that jacks the price up quite a bit. Now I'm trying to figure out how bad I want the new cover...

Anyone in Ohio with a rambox and no cover that has the silver rails, that would be willing to trade my black rails and oem cover for the silver rails?

kstod21

Reaction score
Have you contacted Mopar?
You aren't going to find a folding cover that is "weatherproof" but rather "weather-resistent"
That being said, the gap in the photo is horrible! Have you been able to do any troubleshooting to see exactly where the water is coming in?
Drain tubes are ran, etc?
Thanks for your order! Guys - PM me and I will give you a call!
For some reason, I 'm unable to initiate a private conversation with you. Interested in possibly ordering from you.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How difficult is the MX4 to remove completely if I ever need full access to the bed for whatever reason?

I have never took mine off completely but had it folded up all the way and only loose about 4 inches at the front, to remove it I would have to unbolt the brackets at the front so maybe 5 minutes to do that.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never took mine off completely but had it folded up all the way and only loose about 4 inches at the front, to remove it I would have to unbolt the brackets at the front so maybe 5 minutes to do that.

Right, very easy.

Scottyluck

Reaction score
Good to know, Thanks. I have an ARE topper on my current ride but had an Extang tonneau on it before that. The Extang was easy to get on and off. Looking for that same option. I was honestly a bit surprised at the prices. I haven't been accessory shopping since '09 when my current truck was new.

Reaction score
I see where Shaun is no longer around? This would explain the silence concerning Retrax Pro and Ramboxes (5thGen). This is an old question seeking a new answer … Has the Retrax manufacturer corrected the fitment issue with 5thGen Rambox ? Recall, there was an interference issue which prevented the Rambox from opening completely. If not Retrax, then is there another quality retractable tonneau that allows proper function of the Rambox? Thanks.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Dang it - I wish I would have read this thread prior to ordering the MX4... I just installed and the gap drives me nuts!

I've had BAKFlip on two F-150s (G-2 and MX4) - they fit great and the rubber seal outside all around provided enough protection for me... but the Ram Box version with waterfall gaps on each side of tailgate - sux :mad:

I temporarily put foam tape (ghetto fix for now)... and will read the other (17 page) thread to see what solutions people came up with, if any... I'm thinking of using some kind of rubber weather seal (used under doors). my gap is about an inch - it took three layers of foam tape to fill the gap... looks like poo, but will help keep water and dirt out for now. I'm determined to find a decent permanent solution.

If I knew this gap would be there - I likely would not have ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread