5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To eTorque or to not eTorgue

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered it and no issues at all. I like it but was not sure if I would. I drive many people around me nuts because I cannot stand for a motor to sit and idle so it helps me with that...lol. Old school never allowed motors to sit and idle. I drive combo mileage 60% road and the rest in town get about 19 to 20 mpg with 6600 miles so far 3.92 gear.Only issues I have is my suspension. FCA is having a factory rep to come look it next week at the dealer,if the Rep. has no answer they are buying it back and switch me out. They have been very good about it both dealer and FCA.
What's wrong with the suspension?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's wrong with the suspension?
He has air ride. It could be anything. Bad level control module, bad compressor, bad fittings, defective bags, defective lift sensors or a combo of any of those issues. If he's in cold climate, then he'd be smart to get out of it ASAP.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
He has air ride. It could be anything. Bad level control module, bad compressor, bad fittings, defective bags, defective lift sensors or a combo of any of those issues. If he's in cold climate, then he'd be smart to get out of it ASAP.

The reason why I really, really do not want an air suspension and am willing to option up a Longhorn over a Limited.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The air suspension defaults to aero mode each time instead of NRH when I drive the truck leaving in entry/exit mode. Dealer done an "Adaptive reset" two times after each reset the truck was working normal no issues but after being parked a few days went back to same issue both times. Dealer replaced the Pump and Control module which did work fine for a few days after then back to same issue again.Ordered in June 2018 picked up in August 2018 so Ambient air temps has no effect on the issue.

Owned a 2014 Laramie with air suspension had no issues what so ever since I had owned the truck new. I really like air suspension its just this 2019 has an issue from build at factory they are not able to figure out.They are still currently working on it to resolve.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The air suspension defaults to aero mode each time instead of NRH when I drive the truck leaving in entry/exit mode. Dealer done an "Adaptive reset" two times after each reset the truck was working normal no issues but after being parked a few days went back to same issue both times. Dealer replaced the Pump and Control module which did work fine for a few days after then back to same issue again.Ordered in June 2018 picked up in August 2018 so Ambient air temps has no effect on the issue.

Owned a 2014 Laramie with air suspension had no issues what so ever since I had owned the truck new. I really like air suspension its just this 2019 has an issue from build at factory they are not able to figure out.They are still currently working on it to resolve.

When I have had this happen but when it has I just manually raise it to normal and it starts to work just fine. I use entry mode in garages a lot.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I have had this happen but when it has I just manually raise it to normal and it starts to work just fine. I use entry mode in garages a lot.

Its what I had thought to do when it started after I picked it up in August....Then a few weeks after driving it would go back to aero after I had manually selected the NHR. Then when i towed a light weight utility trailer (1400 Lbs) it got the Payload capacity over load warning in evic...after the warning I had noticed the truck went from Tow/haul mode I had selected back to aero mode again.

After having the air suspension for 4 years before this new 2019 I had a great feel for how the system works very well. Only difference in the 19 over the 14 model year is the very nice feature one can select the Aero mode before going 62/66 mph if desired and the option of turning on/off aero mode all together in the menu settings. However even if one deselects aero mode in the settings menu the suspension will still default to aero mode once speeds are 62 mph for over 20 seconds or instantly at speeds of 66 mph or greater.

Any time one wants the air suspension to reset its self while driving (not Hauling or pulling anything) just select the tow haul mode then deselect it the Suspension will return to standard mode NRH by its self or Aero if over 66 Mph. The suspension system is still made by the same supplier/vendor that FCA utilizes. In my case the suspension system is way off course but all is level and rides well just rougher ride in aero and cannot pull or haul with warning going off in evic.

*********I apologize for me getting off topic of this thread to all others********

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason why I really, really do not want an air suspension and am willing to option up a Longhorn over a Limited.

The air suspension system is really a great system with many benefits and works very well. I had Air suspension on the 2014 before this 2019 and no issues what so ever.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
The air suspension system is really a great system with many benefits and works very well. I had Air suspension on the 2014 before this 2019 and no issues what so ever.

I've hated them ever since my old Lincoln Mark VIII and the system started to go. Replace one bag and another goes, replace one pump and another bag goes, replace the motor and something else blows. It was extremely expensive as the system got older, all the rubber parts started to get fragile and leak and the pumps would have to work harder and then burn themselves out.

Horrific. Now, that was two decades ago, so I'm certain the systems are better now. But the fact that the dealer can't find the issue and has to keep replacing parts willy nilly really seems almost identical to my issues way back when.

If I had to guess, FCA killed the lifetime warranty specifically because of the cost involved on the upkeep on this air suspensions!! J/K.. sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread