5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To eTorque or to not eTorgue

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Curious where you saw that. The windows stickers with E-torque 5.7 or 3.6 motors I have seen do not say that.

Mines from Canada so it says 160000km.
Right there in upper right corner about warranty.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    81.1 KB · Views: 19

Bram2019

Reaction score
Must be Canadian extended federal emissions on that part. US is clearly 8/80.

S

Smashy71

My personal reasons why.
1. It’s 1,450.00 upgrade from a standard non etorque 5.7. How much driving would it take to pay for 1,450.00 worth of fuel with the mpg it’s claiming?
2. Before I ordered the truck I have now I tried to buy two different etorque equipped rebels but both had recalls on them, had something to do with the pulley on the etorque system.
3. From what I read in the forums no one is getting the said gas mileage the etorque was suppose to get.
4. My paranoia kicking in on a suitcase size lithium battery sitting in my truck in my garage thinking it’s going to burst into flames. I know it’s super low and nowhere I’ve read have had it happened.
5. Start stop. No thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
MJP in these forums may have an opinion for you... unless he already replied in here and I didnt see it...

RenoRam

Reaction score
I personally like my eTorque and the stop/start is almost imperceptible. IMO, it is the same level of a choice as trim level and other options.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MJP in these forums may have an opinion for you... unless he already replied in here and I didnt see it...
Although I'm not a fan of start/stop I recognize it's the wave of the future and all manufacturers are going in that direction. My issue is with the etorque system. I dont think it's got all of the kinks worked out of it yet. IMO, FCA released it prematurely. It seems that they are using the "let's begin replacing parts until it's fixed" approach with my vehicle. They dont seem to really know what is wrong so they are grasping at straws. If I had to do it over again, I'd pass on etorque. Not worth the headaches. My 2 cents.

ponypride

Reaction score
2,400 miles w/ETorque. No issues thus far. Start/Stop ok. I like the way the truck knows that if you are trying to warm up to temperature, the Stsrt/Stop will not kick in until you are up to temperature. Nice feature.

RenoRam

Reaction score
IMO, I would expect that one would have a negative view if having issues. The question is, would you choose to have eTorque again? Since I have not yet had any issues, my answer is definitively yes.

ponypride

Reaction score
IMO, I would expect that one would have a negative view if having issues. The question is, would you choose to have eTorque again? Since I have not yet had any issues, my answer is definitively yes.
Agreed. When I ordered the ETorque it was only ~$500 more than the 5.7 Hemi. During my order process the price went way up, but my dealer homered the lower price, even though my order is not in the system. So far the truck had been fine. No leaking, brake squeal or driver side clunk.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. When I ordered the ETorque it was only ~$500 more than the 5.7 Hemi. During my order process the price went way up, but my dealer homered the lower price, even though my order is not in the system. So far the truck had been fine. No leaking, brake squeal or driver side clunk.
What are you guys seeing for mileage and under what driving conditions/speeds?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My personal reasons why.
1. It’s 1,450.00 upgrade from a standard non etorque 5.7. How much driving would it take to pay for 1,450.00 worth of fuel with the mpg it’s claiming?
2. Before I ordered the truck I have now I tried to buy two different etorque equipped rebels but both had recalls on them, had something to do with the pulley on the etorque system.
3. From what I read in the forums no one is getting the said gas mileage the etorque was suppose to get.
4. My paranoia kicking in on a suitcase size lithium battery sitting in my truck in my garage thinking it’s going to burst into flames. I know it’s super low and nowhere I’ve read have had it happened.
5. Start stop. No thank you.
These are pretty much the same reasons for me, except that start/stop was in first place in my case. I just abhore that “feature”, and was glad to be able to still find a truck without it, unlike all the other major manufacturers that are including it in almost every model regardless of trim.

RenoRam

Reaction score
What are you guys seeing for mileage and under what driving conditions/speeds?
Mostly city driving so far with 15mpg. Still breaking in. Have to say I wasn't a fan of stop/start but this is mostly unnoticeable. I certainly understand those that didn't want eTorque but IMO, one needs to spend time behind the wheel to really make a judgment.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Mostly city driving so far with 15mpg. Still breaking in. Have to say I wasn't a fan of stop/start but this is mostly unnoticeable. I certainly understand those that didn't want eTorque but IMO, one needs to spend time behind the wheel to really make a judgment.

I would agree but I’m planning on ordering the truck site unseen for when I return to the states, heavily relying on this forum ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered it and no issues at all. I like it but was not sure if I would. I drive many people around me nuts because I cannot stand for a motor to sit and idle so it helps me with that...lol. Old school never allowed motors to sit and idle. I drive combo mileage 60% road and the rest in town get about 19 to 20 mpg with 6600 miles so far 3.92 gear.Only issues I have is my suspension. FCA is having a factory rep to come look it next week at the dealer,if the Rep. has no answer they are buying it back and switch me out. They have been very good about it both dealer and FCA.

Users who are viewing this thread