5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...Time to talk about warranty

Zinger

Reaction score
FYI - per Bob Cline at Ziegler just now:

"Thanks for your email. Attached is a copy of Lifetime Max Care plan provisions and the Ram 1500 factory warranty for you to review. eTroque is not covered by any Mopar extended service contract. It is covered by the 8/80 Federal Emissions Warranty. You can reach us at 866.943.7778 if you have any other questions..."

Can't we get this information directly from the Mopar warranty department? I'm not sure Mopar knows at this point what is covered and what isn't.

Case in point - Ram doesn't call eTorque a hybrid. In its marketing stuff I heard it referred to as a "mild hybrid," but is it a hybrid or not? The 2019 owners manual has exactly ONE mention of the term "hybrid" (excluding coolant references), and that is to reference a "hybrid battery" in the start/stop section. It also refers to a "generator" which if you read the warranty it covers "generator/alternator".

Soooooo many interpretations here. Mopar needs to be way more explicit about coverages. I know the lifetime warranty explicitly mentions 48v power packs as exclusions, so that's clear. But what about the generator? Is this really a hybrid or not?

The safe bet now is that eTorque is not covered, but it'll be interesting reading 8 years from now for those who own lifetime plans which sell themselves under the guise of total coverage.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't we get this information directly from the Mopar warranty department? I'm not sure Mopar knows at this point what is covered and what isn't.

Case in point - Ram doesn't call eTorque a hybrid. In its marketing stuff I heard it referred to as a "mild hybrid," but is it a hybrid or not? The 2019 owners manual has exactly ONE mention of the term "hybrid" (excluding coolant references), and that is to reference a "hybrid battery" in the start/stop section. It also refers to a "generator" which if you read the warranty it covers "generator/alternator".

Soooooo many interpretations here. Mopar needs to be way more explicit about coverages. I know the lifetime warranty explicitly mentions 48v power packs as exclusions, so that's clear. But what about the generator? Is this really a hybrid or not?

The safe bet now is that eTorque is not covered, but it'll be interesting reading 8 years from now for those who own lifetime plans which sell themselves under the guise of total coverage.
Go for it!

Jrex

Reaction score
The best place I have found to by an authentic Mopar extended warranty is Chrysler Warranty Direct.
www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com

chryslerwarrantydirect.com:
MaxCare 8 Years 125,000 Miles MSRP $3,650.00 $100.00 Ded Our Price $2,450.00

Ziegler:
Maxcare 8 Years 125,000 Miles WM8125N $100.00 Ded $3,650.00

That's a $1,200.00 savings.

Just go to www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com
-Click Free instant quote.
-put in year, make/Model and Milage.
-Click get quote.
-Click on plan and deductible you want. Can pay for it on line over internet.
-Click purchase now:
WARRANTY DETAILS
Warranty Selected Official Mopar® Vehicle Protection Maximum Care 8 Year / 125000 Mile Warranty With a $100 Deductible
GENUINE & FACTORY-BACKEDYour Vehicle 2019 Ram Pickup 1500 (Under 12,000 Miles)
Plan Pricing $2450.00
Total $2450.00 (For your peace of mind, we offer a 100% no questions asked money-back guarantee within the first 60 days of purchase if you are not fully satisfied. We also offer quick and easy 0% financing up to 18 months. Please give us a call at (888) 352-6103 if you're interested in financing this warranty purchase.)
Total Due: $2450.00

Have not seen better pricing on these.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The best place I have found to by an authentic Mopar extended warranty is Chrysler Warranty Direct.
www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com

chryslerwarrantydirect.com:
MaxCare 8 Years 125,000 Miles MSRP $3,650.00 $100.00 Ded Our Price $2,450.00

Ziegler:
Maxcare 8 Years 125,000 Miles WM8125N $100.00 Ded $3,650.00

That's a $1,200.00 savings.

Just go to www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com
-Click Free instant quote.
-put in year, make/Model and Milage.
-Click get quote.
-Click on plan and deductible you want. Can pay for it on line over internet.
-Click purchase now:
WARRANTY DETAILS
Warranty Selected Official Mopar® Vehicle Protection Maximum Care 8 Year / 125000 Mile Warranty With a $100 Deductible
GENUINE & FACTORY-BACKEDYour Vehicle 2019 Ram Pickup 1500 (Under 12,000 Miles)
Plan Pricing $2450.00
Total $2450.00 (For your peace of mind, we offer a 100% no questions asked money-back guarantee within the first 60 days of purchase if you are not fully satisfied. We also offer quick and easy 0% financing up to 18 months. Please give us a call at (888) 352-6103 if you're interested in financing this warranty purchase.)
Total Due: $2450.00

Have not seen better pricing on these.

Zeigler is 2750 for the 8 year, 125,000 miles, 100 dolar deductible. They were still doing 300 or so off of that if you used code payinfull. That makes them identical in price, which is also the price of Clay Robbins.

Jrex

Reaction score
Zeigler is 2750 for the 8 year, 125,000 miles, 100 dolar deductible. They were still doing 300 or so off of that if you used code payinfull. That makes them identical in price, which is also the price of Clay Robbins.

This is weird.
Zeiler must charge more by state?

Do what I did: I put in 2 different states. I live in Florida.
When I put in Florida max care 8/125 100 ded on Zeigler = $3,650.00
When I put in Arkansas max car 8/125 100 ded on Zeiler = $2,715.00

When I put in Florida max car 8/125 100 ded on www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com = $2,450.00
When I put in Arkansas max car 8/125 100 ded on www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com = $2,450.00

www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com offers $100.00 more off when paying in full at time of purchase = $2,350.00 - But you have to call to get deal.

cw_mi

Reaction score
Now i'm thinking i should have gotten one when i purchased the truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jrex

Reaction score
Now i'm thinking i should have gotten one when i purchased the truck.

You still can all the way up to 48,000 mile. It just cost a little more the older or more miles you have on the truck when you buy it.

Mileage range is under 12,000 or 12,000-48,000.

I am definitely getting a max care with all the electronics in them now. Dont get me wrong, I think the truck is the best period, but my wife and I have had 4 Infiniti's for our last cars/suv's.

None of them ever went in for any warranty repair, The 1st 2 had 120,000 miles and 160,000 miles, the 2nd 2, the ones we have now, have 53,000 and 60,000 miles. I dont even have 500 miles on the RAM and I have already had 2 warranty repairs for Sunroof drain hose problem and Transmission Valve body getting stuck in park and wont shift into Drive or Reverse.

If you going to keep the truck past 3/36,000, I think that a MaxCare 8/125 is very smart investment and make so much easier to resell with a 8/125 Max Care warranty.

Good luck

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is weird.
Zeiler must charge more by state?

Do what I did: I put in 2 different states. I live in Florida.
When I put in Florida max care 8/125 100 ded on Zeigler = $3,650.00
When I put in Arkansas max car 8/125 100 ded on Zeiler = $2,715.00

When I put in Florida max car 8/125 100 ded on www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com = $2,450.00
When I put in Arkansas max car 8/125 100 ded on www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com = $2,450.00

www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com offers $100.00 more off when paying in full at time of purchase = $2,350.00 - But you have to call to get deal.

Yeah, I think some people have noted Florida typically costs more for some reason. Interesting that your website isn't charging more for Florida.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I think some people have noted Florida typically costs more for some reason. Interesting that your website isn't charging more for Florida.

Actually, have you called them...when going to checkout on that website, it says "if you live in Florida, call us to checkout." I wonder if the increase happens there. I thought the increase was due to Florida, not the seller.

trixdesigns

Reaction score

Jrex

Reaction score
Actually, have you called them...when going to checkout on that website, it says "if you live in Florida, call us to checkout." I wonder if the increase happens there. I thought the increase was due to Florida, not the seller.

I bought one from them 1 year ago, for my viper acr. Florida does treat it as insurance, thus you have to have an address in another state or they cant sell it to you remotely. I have a house in Wisconsin, so I just use that address but the price is the same, no matter what state.

Bikemike

Reaction score
As an aside, for anyone in the US, I am happy to price out the Chrysler Maximum Care warranty for you if you are interested, just message me and I'll get you a quote.
2019 ram Laramie 1500, going to buy it today

Mark313

Reaction score
7 years unlimited mileage paid a little over $2400 from Zeigler. Very easy through their web site.

cruz-in

Reaction score
7 years unlimited mileage paid a little over $2400 from Zeigler. Very easy through their web site.

In the "day" (last November), the Lifetime was only $2950, Such a bummer it is no longer offered.

cw_mi

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, when the warranty is 7 years, 100k miles for instance it starts after the three year factory warranty ends and goes for an additional 7 years and 100k miles on top of whatever the truck has at that point ?

Jwsmith

Reaction score
Ok! So enough people are getting these trucks, let's talk about the elephant in the room. I should start by saying my last two vehicles have been Jeep purchases, I love FCA's interior and tech flow, so I am in no way bashing FCA. But with this being a new truck, people possibly having the swiveling LED lights, e torque, power running boards, air suspension, etc...what are people thinking in terms of warranty? My jeep is a 2015 Overland with about 40k miles on it and I can feel some rumbling around the front right wheel, and cringe to think of what sort of sort of issues it could be with the air suspension. Looking on a few of the websites, it looks like a lifetime plan with $100 deductible is around 3k.
Went with the 7 year 100,000 mi $100 deductible with some of the same concerns you express - swiveling headlights, air suspension - lots of technology and potential expense to repair. Just about anything these days is $1,000 so now my liability is limited. Would be perfectly content to never use it and have years of reliability and service from it.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, when the warranty is 7 years, 100k miles for instance it starts after the three year factory warranty ends and goes for an additional 7 years and 100k miles on top of whatever the truck has at that point ?

I

No. The Mopar extended warranty starts on the same day as the factory warranty. Your first 3 years will overlap with the factory. Don't ask me why they set it up that way.

cw_mi

Reaction score
I
No. The Mopar extended warranty starts on the same day as the factory warranty. Your first 3 years will overlap with the factory. Don't ask me why they set it up that way.
Seriously ? That sucks, you are basically paying for 3 years (if the warranty is purchased new) that you shouldn't have to.

cruz-in

Reaction score
If you purchase the warranty on the day you buy the truck , or some later date, the warranty starts on the date of purchase.

IMHO, if you are going to purchase the extended warranty, purchase it early to at least get the rental car and trip interruption protection during the warranty period.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread