5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...Time to talk about warranty

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok! So enough people are getting these trucks, let's talk about the elephant in the room. I should start by saying my last two vehicles have been Jeep purchases, I love FCA's interior and tech flow, so I am in no way bashing FCA. But with this being a new truck, people possibly having the swiveling LED lights, e torque, power running boards, air suspension, etc...what are people thinking in terms of warranty? My jeep is a 2015 Overland with about 40k miles on it and I can feel some rumbling around the front right wheel, and cringe to think of what sort of sort of issues it could be with the air suspension. Looking on a few of the websites, it looks like a lifetime plan with $100 deductible is around 3k.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I’m getting one for sure. I tend to keep cars for about 3 years but I probably will have this one a little longer. Which was part of the deal with the wife to get it hah

To be safe I’ll probably end up with the 5 year 75k I think.

Too much new stuff in the car for me not to have the piece of mind for when the 3/36 warranty ends .

Twoamen

Reaction score
I bought Mopar/FCA/LLC contact on Dodge owners site. $3045.00 7/1K/$100.00 deductible. Get this if you don't use it at the duration point. Full refund.
Thats a deal, But think about it? Prevents you from nickel and dimeing them on small repairs. You also will be hesitant to charge back to warranty unless it is major repair.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a lifetime for my 2014 Durango and I will most likely purchase the same for the Ram when I get it. I've found that there are two dealers that sell online that are usually way cheaper than you will get offered from your dealer (or you might get a match). Both offer online quotes and are the legitimate Mopar Warranties

https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ (be sure to sign up for email, as you usually get an email with a discount code)

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

For instance, a lifetime warranty on a 2019 1500 from Zeigler (Chrysler factory plans, the 2nd link) with a $100 deductible is $3110 right now and I know if you search other forums for Rams that there may even be some additional discount code out there.

1527682007870.png

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on these guys. The only extended car warranties I'm familiar with are my daily spam/scam recordings on my phone. I followed the links above and read through some stuff. So this would cover the air suspension if it eventually had an issue? That might be worth it right there for me, as I typically drive my vehicles 10-13 years.

How much more expensive is it at the dealer? I'd like to lump it into my loan if possible instead of going out of pocket.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how much more it is at your dealer...you can always see if they will match it. I know when I did my 2014, I asked the dealer to match one of the quotes and they refused, saying it was under their cost (both dealers above are high volume warranty dealers). Reading on other forums, these are the two most people go with, along with Clay Robbins @ Robbins motors.

Here is the list of covered items for the maximum care plan

https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/2016-12 MVP_New Maximum Care Web.pdf

https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
My jeep is a 2015 Overland with about 40k miles on it and .

On a separate note, I have a 2015 Overland as well. I was wondering if you noticed that it body rolls liek crazy when taking a turn over a bump or uneven surface? I have noticed it more then any other guy I have owned, wasn't sure if it was just me or not. Hoping the Ram doesn't have the same issue

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on these guys. The only extended car warranties I'm familiar with are my daily spam/scam recordings on my phone. I followed the links above and read through some stuff. So this would cover the air suspension if it eventually had an issue? That might be worth it right there for me, as I typically drive my vehicles 10-13 years.

How much more expensive is it at the dealer? I'd like to lump it into my loan if possible instead of going out of pocket.

I would be very surprised if a dealer wasn't willing to match any price (im sure they know the two or three main names that the Internet has mostly turned to) that these websites offered, especially after buying a 60k truck. Additionally, it can be bought anytime during the 1st year (under 12,000 miles) from anywhere, and I have heard that they will run interest free programs with it. But yes, it will cover the air suspension which is always something that I think about since the Jeep is constantly using it (drops a inch or something like that every time I hit highway speeds, has the option to lower automatically every time you turn it off, just seems like a lot of wear).

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On a separate note, I have a 2015 Overland as well. I was wondering if you noticed that it body rolls liek crazy when taking a turn over a bump or uneven surface? I have noticed it more then any other guy I have owned, wasn't sure if it was just me or not. Hoping the Ram doesn't have the same issue

I honestly haven't noticed that. My issues have been some clunking in the front passenger wheel, once replaced under warranty and now doing it again (I actually cant remember what they fixed the first time but it was around 1700, which I guess isn't the end of the world. I just dont want to pay that right before getting the new truck....rather the dealership take care of that.) I've been so happy with the jeep that I never took it in for any of the park/shifting recalls because I was worried it would start some cascade of disasters, and I probably will avoid the cruise control recall as well lol. I will definitely pay attention to any body roll on the way home today and get back to you.

immersivenc

Reaction score
For anyone looking to purchase a FCA extended warranty, I just purchased a Jeep from my CJDR dealer and was doing a lot of research on warranty pricing before my purchase. I confronted the finance manager with the pricing I would receive online (about half of what he quoted me) and told him if he couldn't match I would be purchasing my extended warranty elsewhere. He didn't even argue with me, matched the online price and I got the warranty for 50% of list. Take those online prices in to your dealer and see if they will match! I'll be doing the same with my 1500 order.

RT70808

Reaction score

Couldn’t resist my first post, just traded my 2015 Overland JGC Eco Diesel for a 2019 Limited 1500 with the off-road package. I loved it, but after it’s 3rd hit and second trip to the body shop for $15k in repairs I figured someone painted a target on it when I wasn’t looking. All three were not my fault, #1 backed into in a parking lot. #2 rear ended in a drive thru. #3 teenage driver pulled out in front of me while doing 55 on a two lane road. I hope everyone can see this Delmonico Red 1500 and not hit it!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coming from a Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel and my Air Suspension has been flawless for 5 years and 103k miles. The right front creaked a bit around the 50k mark but quit after 6 months. It handles great and I'll miss it after my new truck arrives. The diesels have a 100k drivetrain factory warranty. The Ram Hemi is less. I may buy the lifetime or 100k extended warranty. I'll do it in the first year, if I do.

rp781

Reaction score
My wife drives a 2015 Overland as well. She has never said anything and when I drive it I've never experienced anything. She absolutely loves the vehicle and the air suspension.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Wanted to report after picking up my truck yesterday. Got the Mopar Lifetime Warranty on my truck. I've got the limited with the air suspension, 12" screen, etc. Wanted to be sure I had bumper to bumper and plan on keeping the truck for a long time. Dealer wanted $4,000 for the warranty. I told him I can get it from Chrysler Direct for $2,700 and he said he'd match it with a disappointed look on his face. I feel like that was a good deal for the issues that could occur with the tech on this truck.

rott

Reaction score
Where did you see online the $2700 price? I've got to $3k...but not $2700. Every little bit helps...lol

I take that back...I went and looked at the 2 websites again and realized I can get down to $2775 if I chose the $200 deductible. Is that deductible that you have immersivenc?

Last edited:

immersivenc

Reaction score
Where did you see online the $2700 price? I've got to $3k...but not $2700. Every little bit helps...lol

I take that back...I went and looked at the 2 websites again and realized I can get down to $2775 if I chose the $200 deductible. Is that deductible that you have immersivenc?

Yes, $200 Deductible. ChryslerWarrantyDirect.com is where I found the $2,710 price. I told him match it or I'm buying from this website. It is a CJDR dealer that does a warranty biz on the side. The guy at my dealership indicated they are selling them right at or right above cost, and he was surprised FCA allowed anybody to do what they're doing. He also said FCA discourages them from selling lifetime warranties. So... why do they still have them? He seemed to think their days were numbered. Nonetheless, the deal is done.

immersivenc

Reaction score
One of the few downsides to living in Florida. We GET to pay list/suggested retail for extended warranties. No discounts. Florida law.

Does that mean you cannot purchase an extended warranty from another dealer out of state?

Users who are viewing this thread