5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...Time to talk about warranty

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think I read after 7 years /100K miles you will get $25.00 when you cancel.
Is that true if you’ve never used the policy? I mean there must be a time that they divide the years in order to offer a prorated return though!

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that true if you’ve never used the policy? I mean there must be a time that they divide the years in order to offer a prorated return though!
Yes, it’s prorated, but after 7 years, its amortized. You can see a copy of the contract for free at the Zeiger website.

Last edited:

alow

Reaction score
I keep trucks for a while generally so it doesn't bother me. I traded my last one after 11 years and that was for a specific need. If it's only worth $25 after 7 years which seems odd to me then I'll just keep the truck for a utility and have it fixed over and over again.

ponypride

Reaction score
I went with the care + 8 yr/125K. Good value at ~ $1,700 and covers all major components, including U Connect. Ziegler was great to deal with and no sales tax. Dealer would not match the price.

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
I went with the lifetime Max $100 with Clay Robbins $2745. Figured the boy can have it after I'm done with it in 8 years. I don't think there is another factory backed manufacturer that does this kind of warranty on their trucks. Still loved my 09 Ram when I traded it in, but it was time

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
I have been playing around on the Zeigler site with different promo codes. DAMON equals $150 discount, DAMON2 equals $200. These codes allows for 12 month financing payments. PAYINFULL equals $365, but you must pay in full. These apply to any warranties, 3 years to lifetime, and any deductible choices. Anybody know of better discounts or cheaper reliable warranties out there?

ponypride

Reaction score
I have been playing around on the Zeigler site with different promo codes. DAMON equals $150 discount, DAMON2 equals $200. These codes allows for 12 month financing payments. PAYINFULL equals $365, but you must pay in full. These apply to any warranties, 3 years to lifetime, and any deductible choices. Anybody know of better discounts or cheaper reliable warranties out there?
The ,"payinfull". gives you the best discount. Ziegler warranties went up ~ $210 on 10/2. I just got in under the wire.

alow

Reaction score
Glad I got in when I did. Knew the increase was coming just didn't know what it would be.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at Zeigler vs Chrysler Warranty Direct, and the latter is $1k cheaper... any idea why? I think @Jus Cruisin mentioned something about FL having to pay a higher price?

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Does the lifetime warranty still require you to get a power train inspection every 5 years. I did a keyword search in inspection in the contract but did not find anything.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Adding to two threads, as this may be new information: Ziegler now has a page on their website that specifically states the eTorque system components are not covered by the Lifetime Maximum Care warranty.

That said, these components are now covered for 8 years / 80,000 miles under the factory warranty (see page 17 of the "2019 Ram All-New 1500 Warranty Information" guide). In an earlier version of this warranty document, the "Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator Assembly" and "Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts" were not listed.

Perhaps the EPA required FCA to cover these parts under the extended Federal Emissions Warranty to approve the eTorque fuel economy ratings. This may also explain the price bump in the eTorque system a few months back!

So it appears that the eTorque components are covered for 8/80, and are not covered (per Ziegler) under the Lifetime Maximum Care plans.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adding to two threads, as this may be new information: Ziegler now has a page on their website that specifically states the eTorque system components are not covered by the Lifetime Maximum Care warranty.

Hmmm...I wonder if those that had already signed up with Zeigler are covered for lifetime, because I don't think it's normal for either party to be able to alter a signed contract without mutual consent. And certainly, adding now that they don't cover those items would seem to be altering the original contract. Unless, that is, Zeigler had a clause in the original contracts that says they can unilaterally make changes to what is covered. It'd be interesting to have an attorney review the original contract and see if Zeigler can make the changes reported above to the existing contracts.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm...I wonder if those that had already signed up with Zeigler are covered for lifetime, because I don't think it's normal for either party to be able to alter a signed contract without mutual consent. And certainly, adding now that they don't cover those items would seem to be altering the original contract. Unless, that is, Zeigler had a clause in the original contracts that says they can unilaterally make changes to what is covered. It'd be interesting to have an attorney review the original contract and see if Zeigler can make the changes reported above to the existing contracts.
To my knowledge, the "hybrid system components" and "high voltage battery" exclusions have always been present in the warranty terms. What was unclear (and not in print anywhere until Ziegler posted that article) was whether the new eTorque system would fall under the hybrid system classification. So this is not a matter of changing contract terms; it's a matter of interpretation of the original contract terms. Ambiguity is not your friend when it comes to a legal interpretation.

I'm emailing Ziegler this morning to confirm. But I'm feeling ambivalent about it...now that I know the eTorque system is covered under an extended warranty anyway.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Zeigler is just a third party selling Mopars contract. What is and is not covered, would land solely on the contract you were mailed and mopar. If Zeigler posted on their website that the contract covered the Hybrid system at the time of the purchase- you might have a case against Zeigler if you get an attorney involved and have proof (printed) the page etc. but I believe the contract always excluded “hybrid” components.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Zeigler is just a third party selling Mopars contract. What is and is not covered, would land solely on the contract you were mailed and mopar. If Zeigler posted on their website that the contract covered the Hybrid system at the time of the purchase- you might have a case against Zeigler if you get an attorney involved and have proof (printed) the page etc.
True that. Then again, why would they take the time to author an article explicitly stating that the system is not covered? They must have enough information to make that claim with confidence. Right?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FYI - per Bob Cline at Ziegler just now:

"Thanks for your email. Attached is a copy of Lifetime Max Care plan provisions and the Ram 1500 factory warranty for you to review. eTroque is not covered by any Mopar extended service contract. It is covered by the 8/80 Federal Emissions Warranty. You can reach us at 866.943.7778 if you have any other questions..."

Users who are viewing this thread