5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...Time to talk about warranty

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased extended warranty for my Longhorn through the dealer. United States Warranty Corp, full bumper to bumper, $0 deductible, 72 month or 100,000 miles for $2,130 USD with my employee price discount. Thought that was really good price.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased extended warranty for my Longhorn through the dealer. United States Warranty Corp, full bumper to bumper, $0 deductible, 72 month or 100,000 miles for $2,130 USD with my employee price discount. Thought that was really good price.

Not an FCA warranty?

RT70808

Reaction score
Lifetime unlimited is still available for the 2019’s. Mine is covered! DFC56A1B-BDF1-4F6C-A6AD-33AF5BBA339F.jpeg

AZOutdoors

Reaction score
What are the opinions on non-FCA warranties? I financed my 2019 Limited through USAA (awesome company) and they offer a bumper to bumper warranty by Assurance Solutions. One choice Assurance offers is a 6yr, 75K miles 0 deductible for $1185. Reading the details, it seems to cover everything the FCA does. Also, the Ram dealer tried to get me to by an Allstate warranty over the FCA one.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are the opinions on non-FCA warranties? I financed my 2019 Limited through USAA (awesome company) and they offer a bumper to bumper warranty by Assurance Solutions. One choice Assurance offers is a 6yr, 75K miles 0 deductible for $1185. Reading the details, it seems to cover everything the FCA does. Also, the Ram dealer tried to get me to by an Allstate warranty over the FCA one.

I've heard great thing from USAA, but man I wouldn't think any other warranty other than FCA I offering. Just my two cents. It'd be nice to people would chime with how they warrantee their truck and claims that have burned them in the past

TalibanHater

Reaction score
I have a USAA warranty through Assurance on my Nissam Titan. I'm here because i want that new Rebel! Anyway, I've had several repairs under warranty, zero deductible, VERY easy. Even the dealer/shop says they're easy to work with.

Recent warranty work was a little over $2k. Its paid for itself. I've been looking at the FCA warranties, and I'd like to compare it to the USAA warranty offered. So should you get the USAA one? Dig deep and compare them line by line in whats covered and see which covers more. Then let us know!

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday. I had found the best online Maxcare unlimited price online to be Zeigler, their site will show $3,110 but if you put in the discount code "PAYINFULL" (found that on another board) it drops to $2,745. My dealer in Austin, Nyle Maxwell (a high volume dealer) said that was several hundred dollars below their cost so they declined to match it. I went with Zeigler, seems like the best pricing out there. I still have my 98 Ram, wish they had sold lifetime warranties back then - I plan to keep the 2019 forever too so I expect that the lifetime warranty will at some point more than pay for itself.

ponypride

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting the power train+ warranty . I asked if Etorque components were covered. I was told none of the plans would cover the battery. I read on another site that the battery has a 10 year/100,000 warranty, but Imhave not been able to validate that.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a window sticker that I printed off a while back that says"The high voltage battery, if equipped is backed by a 10 year or 160,000 kilometer warranty" so for the US market 100,000 miles

ewag

Reaction score
Call Zeigler and talk to Bob. Use their website for a quote. They’ll e-mail you a link and then you can play with other options. Bob’s a very cool guy, full of knoweldge. Ask him about the other warranties and he’ll tell you what he thinks (yes, I agree you’ll have to take it with a grain of salt, but it’s a good perspective.... he didn’t bash other warranties by the way).

I got mine from him. Very happy with the process and price. For my money, I only wanted an FCA warranty to hopefully make sure there are no issues w/ actually USING it when the time comes. The cost of almost any new component on the truck out of warranty justifies the cost of the warranty.

Purchased 6 yr / Unlimited miles.

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Potential Ram buyer in the next few months.
Definitely will want a warranty when I buy the truck. I plan to keep it for 15ish years.

A couple of questions:
1. If you buy the truck new, how long do you have to purchase the Mopar warranty?

2. When your truck requires service that will need warranty payment, what are the service restrictions? Does it have to be dealer where you bought the truck? A certified Ram dealer? Or any shop that deals with warranties?

3. What does the “fine print” on the Mopar warranty look like? Do you have to get regular oil changes / tire rotations from shops? I like to change my own oil every other time.

Thanks for any answers able to provide!

RT70808

Reaction score
Definitely will want a warranty when I buy the truck. I plan to keep it for 15ish years.

A couple of questions:
1. If you buy the truck new, how long do you have to purchase the Mopar warranty?

2. When your truck requires service that will need warranty payment, what are the service restrictions? Does it have to be dealer where you bought the truck? A certified Ram dealer? Or any shop that deals with warranties?

3. What does the “fine print” on the Mopar warranty look like? Do you have to get regular oil changes / tire rotations from shops? I like to change my own oil every other time.

I haven’t picked up my copy of the maxcare lifetime from the dealer yet, I’ll post it when I swing by to get it.

rp781

Reaction score
My dealer just agreed to match the quote I got from Ziegler. Doing the 5 year/100k Max Care Plan. Dealer was quoting $1950. Matched it at $1730. Think this is a very fair price compared to what I’ve paid in the past! Pick up my truck Saturday morning.

RT70808

Reaction score

A couple of questions:

I found the online copy of the lifetime max for my vehicle. See attached.

Attachments

• FCA lifetime max copy.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 77

TalibanHater

Reaction score
Just bought from Ziegler. Lifetime warranty, $200 deductible. $2410

My dealer looked up his cost through dealer connect (I was watching him)...Told me his cost was $2700.

Stupid question time. Did you roll it into the financing or is it something you bought after with a credit/debit card/check?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid question time. Did you roll it into the financing or is it something you bought after with a credit/debit card/check?

I bought via credit card. There are also payment plans.

Payment Questions
Q: Is there a payment plan for purchasing Mopar Vehicle Protection, a product of FCA US LLC?
A: Yes. Payment plans are available when you purchase Mopar® Vehicle Protection, a product of FCA US LLC (formerly Chrysler Group LLC). Everyone qualifies. A down payment is required at time of purchase. After making your down payment with Zeigler Auto Group FactoryPlans, you will receive a monthly statement with 3-4 weeks of purchase. You may also set up your preferred payment method with the Mopar Vehicle Protection Payment Department at 800.595.6286.

Users who are viewing this thread