5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The single biggest reason I ordered the Longhorn instead of the Limited......

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ditto that. From the pics, I liked that black & tan of the longhorn, but when I actually saw it, the tan was muted and dull IMO. Also, all that filigree!!! Very busy.

The Limited, on the other hand, has a truly classy interior - like a high-end European lux car. Top notch materials through and trough and extremely tastefully put together. But the front grille on the limited!!! It's busy with wavy lines. I wanted the body colored Laramie Sports grille instead which is classy, like the Limited interior. Not an option. So I ended up ordering the Long Horn grille which is nice and classy except for all the chrome. Got it painted Maximum Steel along with the chrome surroundings. Now it all fits together and I am a happy camper. Why is there no sport option for the limited????
The black/saddle interior doesn’t have any filigree on the leather...although you may have been referring to the ‘warm chrome’ accents.

For me, the Limited looked great except for the pinstriping. Why call it ‘real wood’ if you’re going to paint it to look like plastic? That said, the indigo/ivory is sweet in a maximum steel exterior color.

(As I posted earlier in this thread, I also prefer the Longhorn grille and wheels.)

As a farmboy that grew up to work in the tech sector (and who lives in Texas), I guess the Longhorn is a reflection of my personality.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love the black and new saddle interior but just want a fan of the saddle bags... So indigo/frost limited was next up... My wife also has the black and brown in her Lexus RX and I didn’t want her to think I was copying her.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I love the black and new saddle interior but just want a fan of the saddle bags... So indigo/frost limited was next up... My wife also has the black and brown in her Lexus RX and I didn’t want her to think I was copying her.

Same here but decided I won't ever be sitting in the back so won't see 'em...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the Rebel would have offered an all black interior, that is what I would have purchased.

Red anodized plastic trim, so Fast & Furious!

They need to offer 'mid 40s' option along side of the '12'

They wouldn't be able to build them fast enough.
I agree with the Rebel interior. Not to ruffle any feathers:censored:, the Rebels have a great exterior and I really like the tough look, but I just can’t get over the red in the interior. If all black then I could. When my wife and I were first looking and ordered we looked at the outside of a Rebel and said ok, maybe. When I opened the door she said “uh, no” and we moved on. Also, unless it has changed since we ordered, we wanted a crew cab with 6’4” bed which was not available with the Rebel. Thank goodness for options and choices to satisfy everyone’s ‘niche’.(y)

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Same deal with the red interior, here. Liked the outside a lot. With the inside being red, i honestly felt like people I knew would start labeling mid life crisis etc.

Same here. My immediate thought of the Rebel interior was "Cool", then it went to "Neat" and then it went to "Yeah, I'd get tired of that fast." I'm with you in the camp that it just comes off as a bit too juvenile. I think it's interesting they apparently decided the same by not offering it on the Power Wagon and just going black on black.

Chill72

Reaction score
Same deal with the red interior, here. Liked the outside a lot. With the inside being red, i honestly felt like people I knew would start labeling mid life crisis etc.
Nothing beats basing your decisions on other people’s opinions. You might as well ask them what options they prefer too.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Nothing beats basing your decisions on other people’s opinions. You might as well ask them what options they prefer too.
I didnt like the red either.

Its not like I wrote "boy oh boy, those red accents are awesome and to die for! I really like how it looks! But its too bad I cant get it, because the opinions of other people wouldnt agree with me."

So I will be clearer. I think its ugly as sin. And so would my friends. I guess I was just trying to not directly say that as to offend the many Rebel owners in here who think its something great.

In the end, I still ended up with someone insinuating I dont have a mind of my own and throwing shade.

Chill72

Reaction score
I didnt like the red either.

Its not like I wrote "boy oh boy, those red accents are awesome and to die for! I really like how it looks! But its too bad I cant get it, because the opinions of other people wouldnt agree with me."

So I will be clearer. I think its ugly as sin. And so would my friends. I guess I was just trying to not directly say that as to offend the many Rebel owners in here who think its something great.

In the end, I still ended up with someone insinuating I dont have a mind of my own and throwing shade.
No need to be upset about this...you don’t have to explain yourself to me. I already know.

cruz-in

Reaction score
The Long Horn can be had with and without filagree on the leather.

I would not have purchased one with filagree (too busy for me) and was going to purchase a Limited. Then I saw the one without the filagree. IMHO completely changed the feel of the interior.

The Long How w/o filagree even has less filagree than a Limited. No swirls on the console or doors.

kurtdoten

Reaction score
was the interior, and more specifically the black/new saddle interior color combination. It is the most stunning interior I have ever seen. Long and short of it, it was a more expensive truck when the build was totaled , than a equally equipped Limited by about 2000.00. On top of that the interior details with the stitching and the "tooled" look of some interior pieces is stunning as well. FYI, my build came in at 67,550 MSRP.
Anybody else share similar thoughts.

Couldn't agree more. I'm currently waiting for my truck to be delivered from the factory. I ordered the same truck for the exact same reason. Enjoy!

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

I would not have purchased one with filagree (too busy for me) and was going to purchase a Limited..

I wish I could afford to be so picky. If the filagree was the only option on a Longhorn that I didn't really care for, and it had everything else I wanted - it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Not unless I wanted to wait, order the truck, hope still get a good deal as one already sitting on a lot, etc...

arizonapaul

Reaction score

I would not have purchased one with filagree (too busy for me) and was going to purchase a Limited. Then I saw the one without the filagree. IMHO completely changed the feel of the interior.

The Long How w/o filagree even has less filagree than a Limited. No swirls on the console or doors.

hi, Can you explain this to me. The interior has just 2 color combinations options and I don't see anywhere one can delete the Filagree .
I for one, love everthing about everthing they did on the Longhorn interior. I do what i do best, and let the expert designers at FCA do what they do best.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
hi, Can you explain this to me. The interior has just 2 color combinations options and I don't see anywhere one can delete the Filagree .
I for one, love everthing about everthing they did on the Longhorn interior. I do what i do best, and let the expert designers at FCA do what they do best.

Page 35 of the catalog .pdf. The Longhorn has three interior options: Tan/Black, Light Brown/Brown and Light Brown/Brown w/ "laser etching", which is the filagree.

cruz-in

Reaction score
I wish I could afford to be so picky. If the filagree was the only option on a Longhorn that I didn't really care for, and it had everything else I wanted - it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Not unless I wanted to wait, order the truck, hope still get a good deal as one already sitting on a lot, etc...

Well for us it was. If we could not find a No Filagree Longhorn, we would have purchased a frost/black Limited. AS we keep our cars for a long long time, we are picky.

We had to hunt around as we had intedned to order in the spring. When the end of the Lifetime Warranty was announced we hustled around and found our no filagree longhorn, equipped just how we wanted it, and $13K off MSrP

Fingolfin01

Reaction score
If the Rebel would have offered an all black interior, that is what I would have purchased.

Red anodized plastic trim, so Fast & Furious!

They need to offer 'mid 40s' option along side of the '12'

They wouldn't be able to build them fast enough.
Now they do - but I still can't see not having the surround view camera

Users who are viewing this thread