5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The single biggest reason I ordered the Longhorn instead of the Limited......

arizonapaul

Reaction score
was the interior, and more specifically the black/new saddle interior color combination. It is the most stunning interior I have ever seen. Long and short of it, it was a more expensive truck when the build was totaled , than a equally equipped Limited by about 2000.00. On top of that the interior details with the stitching and the "tooled" look of some interior pieces is stunning as well. FYI, my build came in at 67,550 MSRP.
Anybody else share similar thoughts.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
100% agree 1st I always liked brown–red leather colors in cars, I’m absolutely no fan of light colors like beige because I believe they don’t hold up for long without marks. And last but foremost I hate it when they do dark leather interior and beige headliners GM? or even charge you 500$ extra for a black headliner I do not understand this.

So for me same here ram is spot on with their new saddle interior they nailed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Disagree. I think the Limited interior is a vast improvement over the Longhorns...

I can’t stand that filigree and I think the wood accent looks very plastic like on the limited... but hey that’s taste good thing there seem to be enough good options for almost everyone to like something... I just wish there was a rebel with all the premium features like the seat ventilation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Disagree. I think the Limited interior is a vast improvement over the Longhorns...

Interesting replies from a few of you. For me, I was very disappointed in the interior choice of the Limited, which is what I originally wanted to order. Basically, the interiors drove me away from it.
The black is OK, but I would never buy a black interior for Arizona , and the other color, Indigo?frost, ????, what were they thinking with this color, I hardly doubt that combination would appeal to the masses. I truly believe there should of been more interior choices with the Limited.

I'm not hear to get into a "pissing Match', I was simply stating how much I love the Longhorn interior. Nobody's choice is wrong, because it is THEIR choice and what they like.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I think for online forum terms this thread is far from being a pissing match... yet...

Truckin

Reaction score
was the interior, and more specifically the black/new saddle interior color combination. It is the most stunning interior I have ever seen. Long and short of it, it was a more expensive truck when the build was totaled , than a equally equipped Limited by about 2000.00. On top of that the interior details with the stitching and the "tooled" look of some interior pieces is stunning as well. FYI, my build came in at 67,550 MSRP.

Yup, I thought the Longhorn interior was/is the nicest I have ever seen in any truck or SUV...However, I went back and forth on interior color and since my last four trucks were either black or gray interior, I went with the filigree two-tone brown. I just liked that combo with the wood and the leather just seemed to go on and on...I do live in the Southwest so the theme of this truck fits right in! And yes, the Longhorn is more expensive than the Limited when both are equipped the same. I

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Btw ;-)

b24c8180d6ea473a64a853ab3db479fe.jpg

Longhorn

Reaction score

Agreed. Black and saddle tan on the longhorn IMO best looking interior of all pickup trucks.

arizonapaul

Reaction score
I think for online forum terms this thread is far from being a pissing match... yet...

In term of "Ram Longhorn Cowboy talk", just trying to head the horse off at the path..... LOL.

I dont care who you are, that there is funny!!!!!!

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually like the color of the saddle/black a lot, but the western them wasn't a great fit for my personality. I've never had black before either, and so far I'm enjoying the limited interior quite a bit. Variety is the spice of life. My only wish is that you could customize any trim level with any combo of interior you wanted.

Foxtrot527

Reaction score
Interesting replies from a few of you. For me, I was very disappointed in the interior choice of the Limited, which is what I originally wanted to order. Basically, the interiors drove me away from it.
The black is OK, but I would never buy a black interior for Arizona , and the other color, Indigo?frost, ????, what were they thinking with this color, I hardly doubt that combination would appeal to the masses. I truly believe there should of been more interior choices with the Limited.

I'm not hear to get into a "pissing Match', I was simply stating how much I love the Longhorn interior. Nobody's choice is wrong, because it is THEIR choice and what they like.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

What color combo would you like? I just ordered the limited with the frost indigo after test driving one with that interior, the black interior and a laramie blacked out one. The frost interior looks amazing and had to get it!

arizonapaul

Reaction score
What color combo would you like? I just ordered the limited with the frost indigo after test driving one with that interior, the black interior and a laramie blacked out one. The frost interior looks amazing and had to get it!

Would of loved the longhorn interior color of the Longhorn Black/new saddle, and been happy without the western theme, but I am just as happy with the theme now that its on order. And probably living in Arizona, I can get away with t even though I can't ride a horse, nor have a cowboy hat. lol

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My only wish is that you could customize any trim level with any combo of interior you wanted.

I agree. That would be great. I would have put a Longhorn or Limited interior on my Laramie which I chose because I wanted the two-tone paint combination.

Vespid

Reaction score
Obviously, I agree because that is what I chose. I thought the new saddle/black was stunning without looking too cowboy. Very different than say a King Ranch feel IMHO.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Same here... the black/saddle was a whole different animal than the all black. The woodgrain alone is worth it. It was a no brainer when I saw both in person.

Users who are viewing this thread