5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The single biggest reason I ordered the Longhorn instead of the Limited......

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
was the interior, and more specifically the black/new saddle interior color combination. It is the most stunning interior I have ever seen. Long and short of it, it was a more expensive truck when the build was totaled , than a equally equipped Limited by about 2000.00. On top of that the interior details with the stitching and the "tooled" look of some interior pieces is stunning as well. FYI, my build came in at 67,550 MSRP.
Anybody else share similar thoughts.
Agreed. But I also prefer the grille (much) more, as well as the Longhorn wheels.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What color combo would you like? I just ordered the limited with the frost indigo after test driving one with that interior, the black interior and a laramie blacked out one. The frost interior looks amazing and had to get it!
I am a fan of a good combination, and there are several good ones available for the 2019 Ram. I saw a Max Steel/Indigo/Frost Limited in the dealer showroom and thought it was awesome. We love our Delmonico Red/Black/New Saddle Longhorn. It would’ve been sweet in Patriot Blue or two-tone Ivory as well. The Rebel 12 interior matches most available exterior colors well.

I grew up on a farm, live in Texas, and work with design technology every day. The Longhorn is a perfect complement to our boots-and-laptops lifestyle.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
I am a fan of a good combination, and there are several good ones available for the 2019 Ram. I saw a Max Steel/Indigo/Frost Limited in the dealer showroom and thought it was awesome.

The only way I possibly get talked into a Limited is if it has the Indigo/Frost interior.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pictures don't do justice. You have to see it in person to get the full effect. It's spectacular.

Cmoar

Reaction score
I love my Longhorn, but I’d be willing to pay to have the purses removed from the back of my seats. My wife and daughter love to give me crap about them. Obviously, it wasn’t a dealbreaker.

EStein

Reaction score
was the interior, and more specifically the black/new saddle interior color combination. It is the most stunning interior I have ever seen. Long and short of it, it was a more expensive truck when the build was totaled , than a equally equipped Limited by about 2000.00. On top of that the interior details with the stitching and the "tooled" look of some interior pieces is stunning as well. FYI, my build came in at 67,550 MSRP.
Anybody else share similar thoughts.

Congrats on your new rig!! I can appreciate them all!

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I grew up in Colorado, Boulder Valley School District...in the 70s and 80s... had friends and family out on the ranches in Westcliffe, rodeo'in, with tight wranglers and big buckles.

We used to ride the bucking machines, and the KIDS did Copenhagen lol. My brother and I got jealous of them when we were like 10, so my dad made my brother and I do straight up Copenhagen. Got sick and knocked out for like 20 hours. Learned my lesson!

My Longhorn keeps me in touch with my younger days that I loved, swinging on ropes over cricks.

Says from the Chevy Silverado studios but that’s a fun song... Robert earl Keen is playing all the time in my truck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longhorn

Reaction score
I love my Longhorn, but I’d be willing to pay to have the purses removed from the back of my seats. My wife and daughter love to give me crap about them. Obviously, it wasn’t a dealbreaker.

Hilarious

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree completely. I’ve mentioned before I was going to order all black interior Laramie or even Limited, but when my wife and I saw the black new/saddle we had to have it. Wanted as loaded of a truck we could get without air suspension but also wanted two tone exterior paint so Longhorn it was! No regrets.:cool:

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Agree completely. I’ve mentioned before I was going to order all black interior Laramie or even Limited, but when my wife and I saw the black new/saddle we had to have it. Wanted as loaded of a truck we could get without air suspension but also wanted two tone exterior paint so Longhorn it was! No regrets.:cool:

I also wanted the 2 -tone on my original build because I didn't want chrome bumpers. That was on 9/18/2018. Then almost 90days later, I was told they are not doing 2 tone for the time being, and that was the hold-up. Very frustrating, but on 12/11 I reordered another truck, and was able to order color matched bumpers, so I am glad about that.
Hope to have the beast by mid feb, as its in paint status now

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
I actually like the color of the saddle/black a lot, but the western them wasn't a great fit for my personality. I've never had black before either, and so far I'm enjoying the limited interior quite a bit. Variety is the spice of life. My only wish is that you could customize any trim level with any combo of interior you wanted.
Ditto that. From the pics, I liked that black & tan of the longhorn, but when I actually saw it, the tan was muted and dull IMO. Also, all that filigree!!! Very busy.

The Limited, on the other hand, has a truly classy interior - like a high-end European lux car. Top notch materials through and trough and extremely tastefully put together. But the front grille on the limited!!! It's busy with wavy lines. I wanted the body colored Laramie Sports grille instead which is classy, like the Limited interior. Not an option. So I ended up ordering the Long Horn grille which is nice and classy except for all the chrome. Got it painted Maximum Steel along with the chrome surroundings. Now it all fits together and I am a happy camper. Why is there no sport option for the limited????

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
Disagree. I think the Limited interior is a vast improvement over the Longhorns...
This is obviously a matter of taste. IMO the Limited is more like a high-end Mercedes or BMW with clean lines and very esthetic whereas the Longhorn is more like a Cadillac. I test drove both extensively before deciding on the Limited. I think that in the long run, I won't get tired of the Limited whereas I would of the Long Horn. It is simply too busy for me with all the filigree.

Users who are viewing this thread