5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Raptor Has A Cool Aux Switch Bank - So Can The RAM!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Malodave I’ll take one without the pressure gauge. Have you wired yours up yet?

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi
I am waiting on the New Black Resin to arrive. There are still some things to work out for my Wiring.

Battery Power
ACC Power
Ground
Fuel Transfer Switch to AUX Fuel Pump
Front LED Bar Switch
Reverse LED Pod Light Switch
Power to the Bed/Cap Switch (in case I left something on)
Air Compressor Switch for On Board Air System
Horn Switch (Momentary to the Train Horns) So the Front Passenger can have some fun too.
8M USB cable to the rear Dashcam in the Cap

There will also be a Hidden Switch to go between Stock Horn and the Train Horns thru the Steering wheel.
I also have to wire in a Kleinn 333 Sniper Remote for the horns. Will sound them at up to 300 feet away.

In the Bed I have a switch box made for

Cap Lights thru a PWM Dimmer
Window Fans thru a PWM Speed Adjuster
Red LED Warning Lights
White LED Tailgate light
Power to Inverter
USB outlets
Under Tailgate lightbar

So there is lots of things to do Before I cani run the wiring in the head liner,
to the Battery/hood area, and back to the Bed.

Malodave

Dyne

Reaction score
@Malodave hey since you work on this kind of stuff. Would it be hard to make this for the 5th gen ram 1500? This one is for 2013-2018. Company says it won’t fit and dont plan on making one for 2020. This is the switch set up I want but need to find someone to make and print it.

Attachments

• 64DBDC06-4813-4144-BD73-09CBB83A506F.jpeg
    64DBDC06-4813-4144-BD73-09CBB83A506F.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 871C5150-B15F-4157-83F8-7468B9818366.jpeg
    871C5150-B15F-4157-83F8-7468B9818366.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 2955B8A7-6392-4869-9C73-7C9A15DFBB97.jpeg
    2955B8A7-6392-4869-9C73-7C9A15DFBB97.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 2CC92E08-2906-4CC2-9EF1-D540C020D0D6.jpeg
    2CC92E08-2906-4CC2-9EF1-D540C020D0D6.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 258

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Malodave hey since you work on this kind of stuff. Would it be hard to make this for the 5th gen ram 1500? This one is for 2013-2018. Company says it won’t fit and dont plan on making one for 2020. This is the switch set up I want but need to find someone to make and print it.
Everything is possible. If I were to design for this placement, I would probably use two columns and long Screws to
replace the Stock screws holding the Center Console. It is not much longer than what I put together, but may get
to the limits of of the Printing Envelope of my printer. That would be the constraining limits of designing it. I will
get some preliminary measurements and see what I can get for maximum size this weekend. Remember that you
would have to figure out where you want to bring the wires in thru the console to the Switch Bank and a connector
to be able to remove and repair it and other stuff in the Dash.

Malodave

Dyne

Reaction score
Everything is possible. If I were to design for this placement, I would probably use two columns and long Screws to
replace the Stock screws holding the Center Console. It is not much longer than what I put together, but may get
to the limits of of the Printing Envelope of my printer. That would be the constraining limits of designing it. I will
get some preliminary measurements and see what I can get for maximum size this weekend. Remember that you
would have to figure out where you want to bring the wires in thru the console to the Switch Bank and a connector
to be able to remove and repair it and other stuff in the Dash.

Malodave
No worries man, don’t worry about it. I know nothing about printing and constraints of the machines. Just thought I’d ask and get an opinion. I like your design a lot too. I don’t have a need for the sunglasses area. I also didn’t realize how much easier it was to reach than up in the middle of the dash. So if your make ones for the sunglasses holder spot for people please put me on that list. I would love to buy one from you.

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
Ok we got it all wired and working - Rydeen front camera - home made 3D Printed Mounting Ball to make it work with the RAM mirror mount - camera shows up in the mirror so now when I am parking I know I won't be running into something - the sensors always beep too early - this way I can look to see how much room I actually have to park - and the sPOD switch box made to fit where the sunglass holder used to be - also 3D printed parts - looks OEM. 20 hours work in total but worth it :)
Is there any place we could purchase the mount for the sPOD switch box or the CAD file to 3D print it?

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Malodave take my money i would for sure need one ... also interested if you can send me amessage so i can hear your train horn ... and how you wil have it set up

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Black ABS-Like Resin arrived today. For those that wanted one printed,
Send me a PM with your Shipping Address. I will respond with my PayPal.
Let me know which version you wanted also. I will be replacing the FEP film
tomorrow and start printing.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Malodave take my money i would for sure need one ... also interested if you can send me amessage so i can hear your train horn ... and how you wil have it set up
I do have some videos of going thru Tunnels and Overpasses, but I have not uploaded them to Youtube yet.
There are lots of Dashcam clips I have too. Videos don't do the Horns Justice because the recorder or
Microphone clips the Sound Levels.

See Here for the Nathans on my 2008 Big Horn:

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on the Non PSI Switch Console.

I finished a test print, PIX below. Made a couple of minor
changes for fit because of the Shrinkage of the Resin. I did
not like the Translucency of the resin so I ordered some
Standard Black. Resin is in and I should have those that asked
for them to be ready to Ship on Monday.

Malodave

P.S. I know the switch in the Overhead Console is in up side down. I just tried it for fit when I took the Photo.

RAM-DT_non_PSI-Switch_Panel.jpg

RAM-DT_non_PSI-Switch_Console.jpg

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Third Panel Printing right now. Three more to go for everyone that
showed interest in getting me to print one for them. Should be finished
by Monday. Shipping on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The First 4 went out on Monday to those that showed interest. I do have
4 panels with minor printing flaws and such. I will try and fix what I can.
These will have to be painted. I have them for $25 if anyone else is interested.

Full prints are $50 otherwise.

Malodave

Sniper75

Reaction score
Received mine already. Nice work and it feels solid. Will update when I get it installed. I'm still planning my stuff out.

Thanks Malodave for making them.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The First 4 went out on Monday to those that showed interest. I do have
4 panels with minor printing flaws and such. I will try and fix what I can.
These will have to be painted. I have them for $25 if anyone else is interested.

Full prints are $50 otherwise.

Malodave
I am interested in getting one of these! Is wiring the switches challenging? I have not tinkered with the overhead console yet so I don’t really know where to run the wires up to it. Where do you run the wires? Thanks!

Dyne

Reaction score
Thanks Malodave. Got mine in Thursday. Was surprised how sturdy and heavy it was. Great job. Will update once I get things done. Still planning things and getting things ready. Still need to buy 3 led bars for the front, get somethings powdercoated, and do the grille active shutter delete to get light bars in grille. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread