5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL Answer......... MOPAR Front Upper Control Arm (UCA)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question I have a 2019 ram 1500 warlock, 5.7, it is the classic old body style. I want to put a 3” front 1 rear motofab level kit on, I agree that the UCA needs to be upgraded will the mopar UCA for there 2” lift work 68323530AA 68323531AA? I can’t find any dimensions to confirm it will fit my truck and looking at what even rough country wants for there basic level kit that includes this style at 500-600 bucks for what you are getting for parts seems a little ridiculous. Any info please help!? Thanks
If you going with 3" of lift in the front I would go with these UCA's from RC (link below) for your 4th gen. I actually used these on my 5th gen and they work great even though they are for a 4th gen.
I don't know if the new 5th gen 2" mopar UCAs will fit on a 4th gen but if you are going with 3" of lift in front then I would recommend something else anyways. My mopar lift UCA ball joints were about maxed out at 3" of lift which is why I switched.

SzaboTx

Reaction score
So what is the consensus on the Mopar UCAs...most things I read in here are for Rebels or trucks with ORP...what about us bums with the normal 2wd, stock height, pavement princess, LoneStars??
I am debating between 2.5" Motofab front Spacers or 5100s in the front (set @ 2.2" or 2.6") and trying to decided if I need the UCAs. It is 2wd so it will not get any tough off-roading, if any off-roading.
I don't think I need the UCAs with either option. Probably just do the 5100s and get it over with. Suggestions?? THANK YOU!
**note** will be running stock night edition 20s with 33 or 34s...will get tires after lift.

Last edited:

Kersey80z

Reaction score
If you going with 3" of lift in the front I would go with these UCA's from RC (link below) for your 4th gen. I actually used these on my 5th gen and they work great even though they are for a 4th gen.
I don't know if the new 5th gen 2" mopar UCAs will fit on a 4th gen but if you are going with 3" of lift in front then I would recommend something else anyways. My mopar lift UCA ball joints were about maxed out at 3" of lift which is why I switched.

Hey thanks for the input! If I go with UCA swap that is what I will run however I am going to throw one more bone out there that I might bite on but would appreciate feed back as well. Any one here level a truck by replacing struts instead? I’ve been reading into it and people have said if you do struts instead of the pucks it doesn’t alter the geometry of UCA nearly as much to wear it would require an upgrade. These are what I was looking at, says there adjustable up to 2.75 inches of lift (132 a piece)Let me know what you guys think, thanks!?!? https://www.suspensionconnection.co...-s9aX5SbDWa0BCCcasAv0_qeCaA1cq7BoCkREQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the 2" mopar lift installed along with ORP springs in the front which essentially netted me 3" of lift in the front and I was a little concerned about the UCA angle especially when towing or with any kind of payload. You would probably be ok using them if you don't do any kind of off roading or towing aka pavement queen. Here is a pic of the Mopar UCA angle after install...not good in my opinion. View attachment 79233

I ended up installing RC UCAs...pic below, much better angle.
View attachment 79234

Looks like you gained a lot of UCA clearance also for wider tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe a little bit but I think it's the angle I took the picture from making it look that way.

I’m trying to find ways to fit a 12.50 wide tire without spacers on Stock wheels..

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason you are dead set on 12.50 wide? Would prob rub UCA and the factory mud flap. In my experience 11.50 tires have always worn better than 12.50.

Dltigers3

Reaction score
So, I installed the Motofab 2” top hat spacer to my 19bighorn with ORP. I opted to leave the stock UCAs on for now. The angle was not bad on them at all. Even with the frame jacked up and the wheel hanging they were bottomed out, and once I put the wheel on the ground they looked identical to the stock position.
I may opt to upgrade in the future for some piece of mind. I’m taking it to the alignment shop tomorrow so as long as they think it looks ok, I’ll roll with it.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason you are dead set on 12.50 wide? Would prob rub UCA and the factory mud flap. In my experience 11.50 tires have always worn better than 12.50.

Wanted to try and get some poke.. and not sure about 285/75 being too skinny looking.

armymp1130

Reaction score

any issues with alignment or anything using the 4th gen uca from rough country ? i have 2” roguh country strut and my alignment was in spec but my steering is loose and sloppy

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
any issues with alignment or anything using the 4th gen uca from rough country ? i have 2” roguh country strut and my alignment was in spec but my steering is loose and sloppy
No issues whatsoever, alignment is great, tires are wearing perfect and steering overall feels like stock. I've been running them for about 16k miles.

armymp1130

Reaction score
No issues whatsoever, alignment is great, tires are wearing perfect and steering overall feels like stock. I've been running them for about 16k miles.
might have to give them a shot or maybe its just my dealer doesnt know how to align a vehicle. its just doesnt feel right the steering its not tight wheel off center and occasionally the wheel will go right on its own

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
might have to give them a shot or maybe its just my dealer doesnt know how to align a vehicle. its just doesnt feel right the steering its not tight wheel off center and occasionally the wheel will go right on its own
I know it's a pain in the a$$ but I would keep taking it back to the dealer until they make it right. I would'nt keep throwing parts at it at your expense. Sounds like something else is going on there other than the UCAs.

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read of people having issues with steering pulling to the right or not returning to center.

armymp1130

Reaction score
I know it's a pain in the a$$ but I would keep taking it back to the dealer until they make it right. I would'nt keep throwing parts at it at your expense. Sounds like something else is going on there other than the UCAs.
Thats what im figuring just didnt know if uca would help maybe the alignment but im gonna call dealer on monday and try another alignment

armymp1130

Reaction score
Thats what im figuring just didnt know if uca would help maybe the alignment but im gonna call dealer on monday and try another alignment
i went back and got another alignment and my steering is still sloppy as heck but all numbers are in spec and ive gone underneath and made sure leveling kit and everything was torqued down

ecke555

Reaction score
My Friend had the same problem after getting his alignment done at Firestone, had to take it to the dealer, they had to hook up a scan tool and reset the electronic power steering so it would return to center. Something to do with the parameter of the steering sensors within the module.

Pyrodex82

Reaction score
OK guys...I leveled my 19' Ram with 2.5 leveling pucks and I'm wanting to replace the UCA's and not sure which ones to go with...My end goal is to get the UCA's and put the Bilstein 5100's on the front and add some 2 or 3" spacers in the back... I am trying not to have to buy a complete lift kit if I don't have to.
Next question...Do UCA's add any lift? Would the 5100's replace the top hat spacers...I know they are adjustable...I am about to get some 35's and want to install all of this before I get the tires so all I have to do is align, mount and balance...Any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changing to Mopar UCA’s from stock. Does this require another alignment?

Users who are viewing this thread