5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't say it was personal. You said to be respectful. I'm just pointing out another example of your hypocrisy.
That's very kind of you.......hopefully that made you feel better...more fulfilled. Thoughts and prayers.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why? This won't solve a thing. Kid had an hour in the classroom and 3D printers make this a useless, feel-good measure anyway.

Just purchases? What are you offering in return?

Well, 1/3 is better than 0/3, I suppose.

We disagree....so what's new.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You already know.....limit capacities....background checks on all purchases....severly punish offenders.....that would be a good start.

Why limit capacities?

Am I not entitled to use whatever means necessary to defend my and my families life?

The gang bangers coming through my front door will not be limited in their capacity to inflict harm. Consequently, my silenced short barrel AR of choice will have a 30, 45, or even 60 round magazine (I possess all legally) loaded or at hand when and if needed. It will have "military" like features that may include lights, lasers, and red dots to better identify my intended target. failing that, I might just ask Alexa to deploy the Claymore Roomba. (OK, that part is just a little humor).

As to background checks. There are already BGC required on EVERY retail sale, yes including INTERNET sales, and most state's require BGC at gun shows (the so called loophole) and many also on private sales. While many states that require private sale BGC have a carve out for immediate family, why should I be required to do a BGC on my close friend of 30 years? Or someone I know and trust that holds a valid state issued CHP/CCW permit? How about an LE I want to sell a gun to? Should LE be exempt? If LE are exempt, why not an honorably discharged vet that holds a valid CHP from multiple states? BGC laws are flawed and only followed by law abiding citizens. THE CROOKS DON"T FOLLOW OUR LAWS.

2A supporters have already given too much with nothing in return.

First was the NFA 1934, a defacto ban on machineguns, short barrel rifles and shotguns, and silencers
Then the FFA of 1938 , enacting FFL requirements
1968 GCA further expanding to destructive devices
1986 the machine gun registry was closed to further registrations, another defacto ban on machine guns by fiat.
1993 BGC laws
1994 assault weapons ban - WHICH DID NOTHING to reduce gun deaths
countless state and local restrictions on magazine size, rifle features and carry restrictions.

These were all rights taken from citizens, never was there any "compromise" or "Common sense" applied.

Any death is tragic. To punish the law abiding citizen for the acts of crazy and evil lawless individuals is punitive beyond comprehension.

ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAWS
IDENTIFY THE MENTALLY ILL AND TAKE ACTION

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
66% agreement......not bad. I wish the politicians could figure out a way to do that.
Yea rly. And maybe find a way to pass bills that help America without billions of dollars of pork for dumb ngo’s and special interest groups.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We disagree....so what's new.
Are you completely incapable of engaging in conversation?

Let me help you.

You aren't getting a federal magazine capacity limit. Ever.

To get background checks, you're going to need to give in to federal voter ID laws. If we have to prove our identity and eligibility to exercise our natural right to self-defense, everyone has to prove their identity and eligibility to exercise their right to vote.

Additionally, I assume you want background checks for transfers as well. To get that, give us the immediate and unconditional repeal of NFA34. After all, you did say at one point that its time to "adjust our thinking to modern day problems." It isn't 1934 anymore. Everyone who has a current stamp will be immediately refunded their $200, plus interest for each stamp.

You want some common sense gun safety? Guns are loud. Suppressors are safer. Shorter barrels mean lower velocities. Less "high power." Won't be shooting down any helicopters with those rifles.

Stronger punishment? Absolutely. Gun rights supporters have been asking for this for years.
That's very kind of you.......hopefully that made you feel better...more fulfilled. Thoughts and prayers.
Yawn.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
f6a5752030ef1a5b8772d37f4aaec18e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Do have to wonder how the mentally I’ll kid was able to buy over $3k of guns and amo.

Almost seems like the gun shop selling to him didn’t follow all the rules already set in place.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do have to wonder how the mentally I’ll kid was able to buy over $3k of guns and amo.

Almost seems like the gun shop selling to him didn’t follow all the rules already set in place.

Very good point

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Why limit capacities?

Am I not entitled to use whatever means necessary to defend my and my families life?

The gang bangers coming through my front door will not be limited in their capacity to inflict harm. Consequently, my silenced short barrel AR of choice will have a 30, 45, or even 60 round magazine (I possess all legally) loaded or at hand when and if needed. It will have "military" like features that may include lights, lasers, and red dots to better identify my intended target. failing that, I might just ask Alexa to deploy the Claymore Roomba. (OK, that part is just a little humor).

As to background checks. There are already BGC required on EVERY retail sale, yes including INTERNET sales, and most state's require BGC at gun shows (the so called loophole) and many also on private sales. While many states that require private sale BGC have a carve out for immediate family, why should I be required to do a BGC on my close friend of 30 years? Or someone I know and trust that holds a valid state issued CHP/CCW permit? How about an LE I want to sell a gun to? Should LE be exempt? If LE are exempt, why not an honorably discharged vet that holds a valid CHP from multiple states? BGC laws are flawed and only followed by law abiding citizens. THE CROOKS DON"T FOLLOW OUR LAWS.

2A supporters have already given too much with nothing in return.

First was the NFA 1934, a defacto ban on machineguns, short barrel rifles and shotguns, and silencers
Then the FFA of 1938 , enacting FFL requirements
1968 GCA further expanding to destructive devices
1986 the machine gun registry was closed to further registrations, another defacto ban on machine guns by fiat.
1993 BGC laws
1994 assault weapons ban - WHICH DID NOTHING to reduce gun deaths
countless state and local restrictions on magazine size, rifle features and carry restrictions.

These were all rights taken from citizens, never was there any "compromise" or "Common sense" applied.

Any death is tragic. To punish the law abiding citizen for the acts of crazy and evil lawless individuals is punitive beyond comprehension.

ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAWS
IDENTIFY THE MENTALLY ILL AND TAKE ACTION
I agree whole heartedly with all this but for one minor exception. You say MOST states require background checks at gunshows. Actually for any dealer, which is really what you need to be to sell enough guns to pay for your table space, ALL states require it.

What is to wonder? How does someone know a person is deranged? Do we allow discrimination against everyone based on a whim?

I am hiring at my work. Do I get to discriminate against you and just say, "Well yes he had the qualifications but I thought he might shoot the place up so I didn't hire him".

How do you tell? Sodium penethol? Waterboarding prior to purchase? Ex CIA guys would just have unlimited power!

$3k is squat. I have single pistols worth almost double. Couple hundred rounds of ammo? I thought a standard box of ammo is 1000 rounds. Am I mistaken? The boxes I buy are. What am I missing?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Were you buying $3k worth of guns and ammo when you were still in high school?

He or she, not sure, I’ve seen some conflicting info there, had a history of mentally unstable behavior.

If anything the background checks should be a bit more thorough with a waiting period.

I had to go through more security and checks to get my conceal carry permit than I did to buy the gun I wanted to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread