5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT

Jim N

Reaction score
I've tried the reboot no effect. I did notice last night I now cannot turn on the fog lights at all and they no longer come on with the high beams. I'll disconnect tonight and see what happens.

obrien

Reaction score
mine arrived in box which was obviously used before and even module looked used. After reading all issues people had with battery etc. I changed my mind and returned it. On the other hand I bough sway bar :-D

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No issues with mine. I dont use the back up cam with turn signal as I don't see any benefit to that. I got mine mostly for the line lock, light show, disable ESP/TCS completely, and fog lights with high beams. Nav in motion is a wasted option as google maps with Android auto is much better navigation choice. Also, with the issues people have with the power folding mirrors, I tried that option for a few days, but turned it back off.

Gitter

Reaction score
No issues with mine. I dont use the back up cam with turn signal as I don't see any benefit to that. I got mine mostly for the line lock, light show, disable ESP/TCS completely, and fog lights with high beams. Nav in motion is a wasted option as google maps with Android auto is much better navigation choice. Also, with the issues people have with the power folding mirrors, I tried that option for a few days, but turned it back off.

The Nav in Motion option does more than the name implies. It really should be called Motion Lock Disable. You can access uConnect settings while in motion too. Or, my fav reason, is to view the cameras while in motion. The 360 system lets me see if I am pulling up between the lines, if my approach angle is good in front of the hood, or if my trailer is still doing good.

I Quick mapped it so I can access it anytime (except when in Cruise Control of course).

Personally, I have never had any issues with auto power folding mirrors. What issues did you hear of and was it with older firmwares? We have narrow parking spots, so it's a must for me.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For the people that are experiencing issues, did you allow for multiple sleep cycles, and did you make many changes at once, or one at a time and then reboot? For example, when I first set my auto windows feature, it initially didn't work, then it would only do one at a time. After a couple of sleep cycles it works perfectly, as well as the mirrors. From there I just rebooted after every change and all went as expected.

Also, I wonder what trim levels are experiencing the most issues. As a Bighorn L1, 8.4 non-nav, I have few tech options, so maybe that works better with the Tazer.

RickWaz

Reaction score
The only issue I've had, is sometimes when I have the radio's volume turned to Zero (not off or muted), it will be audible again, for a few seconds, sometimes longer. Odd, and something that is only mildly annoying.

Zsowle50

Reaction score
I like the cam turn signal. It does help. Fogs on with brights and love the drl change to turn leds.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Anyone know what the MirApr option is? It shows up on mine and is defaulted to Yes, but it's not mentioned in the instructions. I've googled that word and searched here. Also emailed Zauto support. No response so far. Anyone here know?

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Hi @socalram! All 6 work with my 12" Uconnect.
Interesting that yours works. You get the rear camera view with the signal? I know when I enabled it a while back, I got the front camera view. I even reached out to the Tazer folks and they said that they only had an 8.4 to work with, so they couldn't confirm it would work correctly with a 12". Ninja edit to say, even the instructions say 8.4 Uconnect only.
I've also noticed that mine doesn't exit the menu using Left and Cruise RES like the instructions say. I am on 18.0.5

Last edited:

RickWaz

Reaction score
Interesting that yours works. You get the rear camera view with the signal? I know when I enabled it a while back, I got the front camera view. I even reached out to the Tazer folks and they said that they only had an 8.4 to work with, so they couldn't confirm it would work correctly with a 12". Ninja edit to say, even the instructions say 8.4 Uconnect only.
I've also noticed that mine doesn't exit the menu using Left and Cruise RES like the instructions say. I am on 18.0.5
Sorry about the confusion. The front camera IS the one that comes on w/ the turn signal, but you can then select the rear view if needed/wanted. I sent an email to DT Automotive about that and suggested that a future upgrade would be to turn on (default to) the rear or front camera, based on which camera was on after the turn signal was off. That way the desired camera would turn on initially. But I got no feedback from them.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Anyone know what the MirApr option is? It shows up on mine and is defaulted to Yes, but it's not mentioned in the instructions. I've googled that word and searched here. Also emailed Zauto support. No response so far. Anyone here know?
Finally heard back from Zauto support. They are working on a revised manual. But the MirApr is an option to activate the mirror lights on approach.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally heard back from Zauto support. They are working on a revised manual. But the MirApr is an option to activate the mirror lights on approach.
Hmmm, how will that work 🤔 What will trigger the lights to come on?

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I used my tow/haul switch last week and now it keeps coming back on when I start the truck. I turn it off and drive normally and then shut her down, but when I start it again later it turns back on.

im Assuming that’s part of the tazer last state selected feature but how the hell do you turn it off ? Anyone ? Next step is to unplug and start again from scratch.

otherwise I like my tazer and no other issues.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you clarify this, as some are led to believe mirror lights on approach is a feature that will automatically illuminate the approach lamps when the fob is detected. This would probably be an impossible feat, because that would require manipulation of the rf hub.
I read your post as this- “Zauto support is working on a revised owner’s manual to clarify the feature descriptions” Then you separately explain what MirApr actually does.
What people normally refer to as the puddle lamps on the mirrors, are what FCA officially call mirror approach lamps. If you have base mirrors, and you swap in mirrors that have puddle lamps and turn signals, mirror approach lamps present would be the setting you enable in the BCM to get the puddle lamps to work. That is what I believe MirApr would do in tazer. Is that correct?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you clarify this, as some are led to believe mirror lights on approach is a feature that will automatically illuminate the approach lamps when the fob is detected. This would probably be an impossible feat, because that would require manipulation of the rf hub.
I read your post as this- “Zauto support is working on a revised owner’s manual to clarify the feature descriptions” Then you separately explain what MirApr actually does.
What people normally refer to as the puddle lamps on the mirrors, are what FCA officially call mirror approach lamps. If you have base mirrors, and you swap in mirrors that have puddle lamps and turn signals, mirror approach lamps present would be the setting you enable in the BCM to get the puddle lamps to work. That is what I believe MirApr would do in tazer. Is that correct?
^^^^^ I would say this is probably more accurate. I don't see Zauto having the ability to manipulate the RF to make the keyfob in proximity function work.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I reported what they told me. Below is their exact email to me. I can't clarify further than this, and haven't had time to experiment with it.
"Hi Mark,
We're working on the manual revision right now, but that's to activate the approach lights on your mirrors if you install them.
Thanks,
Ian S.
Z Automotive"

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I reported what they told me. Below is their exact email to me. I can't clarify further than this, and haven't had time to experiment with it.
"Hi Mark,
We're working on the manual revision right now, but that's to activate the approach lights on your mirrors if you install them.
Thanks,
Ian S.
Z Automotive"
Gotcha. That’s clear enough- if you install mirrors with puddle lamps, that setting enables the feature in the BCM so they’ll work.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Gotcha. That’s clear enough- if you install mirrors with puddle lamps, that setting enables the feature in the BCM so they’ll work.

My truck has puddle lamps from the factory but they do not illuminate on approach. Only when I unlock the doors. Is there a uconnect setting to turn this on or in AlphaOBD? Or am I just missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread