5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck has puddle lamps from the factory but they do not illuminate on approach. Only when I unlock the doors. Is there a uconnect setting to turn this on or in AlphaOBD? Or am I just missing something?
That is exactly what FCA means by illuminate on approach- when you unlock the doors the headlights and puddle lamps will be illuminated for when you are approaching the vehicle. There is no other way that illuminate on approach works on FCA vehicles.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is exactly what FCA means by illuminate on approach- when you unlock the doors the headlights and puddle lamps will be illuminated for when you are approaching the vehicle. There is no other way that illuminate on approach works on FCA vehicles.
^^^^^what he said.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Too bad.... my wife’s Lincoln kinda ‘wakes up‘ when you approach, no need to unlock. All the LEDs come on with puddle lights, really makes the car feel ’high end’. These higher Trim trucks should have that....

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too bad.... my wife’s Lincoln kinda ‘wakes up‘ when you approach, no need to unlock. All the LEDs come on with puddle lights, really makes the car feel ’high end’. These higher Trim trucks should have that....
I agree, would be a nice feature. Stellantis if your listening make this happen for 2022 haha.

Last edited:

joemo

Reaction score
No regrets for me & I LOVE the added/modified features! My uses include:

1) Use the Amber Turn signal LEDs as DRLs,
2) Auto extend & retract mirrors w/ Ram on & off,
3) Fog LEDs on w/ High Beams,
4) Backup Camera on w/ turn signals,
5) Enter address in NAV/Uconnect when moving, and
6) Turn on front or rear camera when moving at any speed.
Rick,
How did you do #1 and #3? I been in and out of settings and can't figure out which setting is which. I wish the manual was a bit more clear.
thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rick,
How did you do #1 and #3? I been in and out of settings and can't figure out which setting is which. I wish the manual was a bit more clear.
thanks
#3 is foglight dropout option under lights

jljbtm

Reaction score
Im interested and have not heard of it yet. Only Jim N has had a problem with it. Where did you all get one?

RickWaz

Reaction score
Rick,
thanks

I agree that the manual could be a bit more clear. The video below is also helpful. Good luck!

#1 is Set the DRL Location (Turns) and Set DRL Dropout (so they function as turn signals). # 3 is Set Fog Light Enable and Set Fog Dropout = Off.

1613997205642.png

1613997273289.png

KMach

Reaction score
Can anybody confirm that using the mirror signals as running lights with headlights works without power folding mirrors? It appears the wiring in the mirror is not there with standard power/heated tow mirrors according to wire schematics I have looked at. Would love to have the mirrors lit like the HD models.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I agree that the manual could be a bit more clear. The video below is also helpful. Good luck!

#1 is Set the DRL Location (Turns) and Set DRL Dropout (so they function as turn signals). # 3 is Set Fog Light Enable and Set Fog Dropout = Off.

View attachment 83573

View attachment 83574
Do you have to change the DRL Type for #1? Gives you the option of none, USA, and Canada. Trying to get my turns as DRL, and failing miserably.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

crazycrew

Reaction score
Agreed the manual completely sucks. Not nearly enough explanation of features!

Installed mine today! Fog lights no longer work . Not sure if I adjusted the wrong setting possibly.

Edit : I figured it out... Was definitely my fault . Manual still sucks though

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have to change the DRL Type for #1? Gives you the option of none, USA, and Canada. Trying to get my turns as DRL, and failing miserably.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I believe I set my DRLs to CAN. Did you do a full reboot and give it a couple sleep cycles to set? I have noticed that sometimes when I make a change I need to do 5 minute sleep cycles. Just requires a little more patience than I think it should ;)

frostymug

Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion. The front camera IS the one that comes on w/ the turn signal, but you can then select the rear view if needed/wanted. I sent an email to DT Automotive about that and suggested that a future upgrade would be to turn on (default to) the rear or front camera, based on which camera was on after the turn signal was off. That way the desired camera would turn on initially. But I got no feedback from them.
Have you figured out a way to have the rear view camera permanently be associated with the turn signal? I'm able to select the rear, but as soon as my next turn signal, it's back to the front camera. Pretty frustrating.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Have you figured out a way to have the rear view camera permanently be associated with the turn signal? I'm able to select the rear, but as soon as my next turn signal, it's back to the front camera. Pretty frustrating.
Sadly, I have not @frostymug. I did email Z Automotive about the "issue" w/ hopes they would change the feature, i.e., turn on the previous camera used (front or rear, standard or wide view). But I have not rec'ed a reply from them.

Gitter

Reaction score

That would be great if they could do this. I have a mapped button on the steering wheel that switches to the surround view mode so I could quickly check my surroundings. It's great when trying to park in tight spots while pulling forward, but I would get more use out of it while towing so I can see the trailer (in the rearview camera) and the side views while maneuvering tight turns.

RickWaz

Reaction score
That would be great if they could do this. I have a mapped button on the steering wheel that switches to the surround view mode so I could quickly check my surroundings. It's great when trying to park in tight spots while pulling forward, but I would get more use out of it while towing so I can see the trailer (in the rearview camera) and the side views while maneuvering tight turns.
That's a GREAT idea w/ mapping a button on the steering wheel! Are you running Firmware 18.0.6 Beta 1 or Update 18.0.5? I'm still using Update 18.0.5, so not sure if the Beta version has "fixed" the camera issue.

Gitter

Reaction score
That's a GREAT idea w/ mapping a button on the steering wheel! Are you running Firmware 18.0.6 Beta 1 or Update 18.0.5? I'm still using Update 18.0.5, so not sure if the Beta version has "fixed" the camera issue.

I'm still on 18.0.5. I'm afraid to test a beta since we have been using my truck a LOT with the family since December. Last thing I need is for my wife to have something else to roll her eyes about. LOL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still on 18.0.5. I'm afraid to test a beta since we have been using my truck a LOT with the family since December. Last thing I need is for my wife to have something else to roll her eyes about. LOL
I have the beta 18.0.6 on mine. No issues other than I lost line lock function. Thinking of going back to 18.0.5 to see if it comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread