5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Tips/Help

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing. It stays the same. They have a number that you can only send texts to.

I'll try and contact them again today. The more I read up on it though, apparently 2021 RAM's have issues with this product.

You need to update the firmware to the beta. The only thing right now that isn't working on the '21 is the seatbelt.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You need to update the firmware to the beta. The only thing right now that isn't working on the '21 is the seatbelt.
You don’t need any programming to disable the seatbelt chime. The 21s use the same seatbelt procedure as previous years.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the basics going. How do you get to the start/stop live function?

If you have the Beta firmware then all you need to do is when the turn is running you hit the Start/Stop button so it is off. The Tazer will remember the setting.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the auto fold mirrors to work on a 2021 1500? Mine is set to Yes, but they still don't auto fold. I read that it worked with the beta, but still not working. Thanks.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reach out to ZAutomotive with that question. It might be something they are working on for the next update just like the seatbelt chime. They are typically pretty quick to get back to you.

Ramn'at

Reaction score
Looking for some help with my Tazer.. Just got it today, when its plugged in and the dash set to Audio I can only get the tazer menu to appear for a brief moment before it flashes back to the Audio. I can cycle through the settings but the tazer text disappears quickly and I cannot actually change anything. Has anyone run into this before? Running v18.0.5

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
Looking for some help with my Tazer.. Just got it today, when its plugged in and the dash set to Audio I can only get the tazer menu to appear for a brief moment before it flashes back to the Audio. I can cycle through the settings but the tazer text disappears quickly and I cannot actually change anything. Has anyone run into this before? Running v18.0.5
Email Tazer support. He was very helpful to me.

ravenger

Reaction score
Quick question. I installed the Tazer DT without updating it. I noticed that the menu would come up and disappear. Hard to change things but managed to make a few changes. Can I just unplug it and update it or should I unmarry it then update? It's hard going through the settings when it keeps disappearing.

ravenger

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the same version. Very annoying.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would make sure to unmarry the unit before removing from the truck.

ravenger

Reaction score

I removed the tazer a few times trying to get to work right but I can't get it to keep the display more than a second. It's hard to navigate through the settings when it only shows up for a split second. Reason I don't want to unmarry it. It took me forever just to marry it. I was hoping to reflash the current software and hopefully fix that glitch.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No need to unmarry before removing it. The Tazer doesn't need to stay in the truck, unless you use the "live menu" features.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I removed the tazer a few times trying to get to work right but I can't get it to keep the display more than a second. It's hard to navigate through the settings when it only shows up for a split second. Reason I don't want to unmarry it. It took me forever just to marry it. I was hoping to reflash the current software and hopefully fix that glitch.
You don't need to unmarry to update firmware.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't need to unmarry to update firmware.
On some updates they recommend to unmarry prior to update.

1e811ad0630897d932eb125c3680d152.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread