5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Tips/Help

Wfrank005

Reaction score
What's everyone's favorite feature that the Tazer offers?

I installed my Tazer DT over the weekend. Very excited to utilize some of it's features. Main reason I purchased was to turn off the auto stop/start with the etorque and automatically fold mirrors when the truck is turned off/on. I figured out how to do the mirror function, but have had no luck when it comes to remembering that the auto start/stop is turned off. What am I doing wrong? I'd also like to use the blinkers as my DRL. I found the option in the menu, however I wasn't able to get that to work either.

Thanks in advance!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The auto start/stop isn't a setting change. If you have the truck running and manually turn it off the Tazer will remember that setting.

Make sure to go to the website and get the latest firmware (the beta) as this is to work on the 2021. The current one out there is hit/miss.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Under the DRL settings set it to turn and USA. That should work and you may have to set it again if it didn't take, sometimes the menus are finicky. One of the other cool features is the roll up or down of your windows with 5 fey fob pushes lock (Windows up) or unlock (Windows down).

Wfrank005

Reaction score
The auto start/stop isn't a setting change. If you have the truck running and manually turn it off the Tazer will remember that setting.

Make sure to go to the website and get the latest firmware (the beta) as this is to work on the 2021. The current one out there is hit/miss

Thank you!

Wfrank005

Reaction score
Under the DRL settings set it to turn and USA. That should work and you may have to set it again if it didn't take, sometimes the menus are finicky. One of the other cool features is the roll up or down of your windows with 5 fey fob pushes lock (Windows up) or unlock (Windows down).
Forgot about that window feature! Thank you!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even on the beta I still have an issue trying to get the seatbelt ding to stop. Even doing the old seatbelt trick won't do it.

RickWaz

Reaction score
I love the added/modified features the Tazer DT offers! My uses include:

1) Use the Amber Turn signal LEDs as DRLs,
2) Auto extend & retract mirrors w/ Ram on & off,
3) Fog LEDs on w/ High Beams,
4) Camera on w/ turn signals,
5) Enter address in NAV/Uconnect when moving, and
6) Turn on front or rear camera when moving at any speed.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

According to the instructions it makes it sound like if you have your 4) turned on then 5) won't work. Is it only when you actively are using it?

Go Blue!

Wfrank005

Reaction score

Thanks for the response! I may need to check mine for an update. I have the DRL setting set on blinkers but it doesn't appear to be working.. I've tried multiple times. What's your reason (if any) for using the camera with turn signals? I haven't thought about using that feature yet...

RickWaz

Reaction score
According to the instructions it makes it sound like if you have your 4) turned on then 5) won't work. Is it only when you actively are using it?

Go Blue!
Hi @Snofire. I have not tried the in-motion use of the Nav System, i.e., entering an address while moving, in a few months, so I'd have to check that feature the next time I'm RAM'ing.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I may need to check mine for an update. I have the DRL setting set on blinkers but it doesn't appear to be working.. I've tried multiple times. What's your reason (if any) for using the camera with turn signals? I haven't thought about using that feature yet...
Simply having another set of "eyes" (in the front or rear) when turning or changing lanes.

CKCKCKCK1

Reaction score
I set mine up this weekend as well. I turned on 5 (navigation entry) and it turned off 4 (turn cameras) silently. When I went back to the menu to turn back on the turn cameras, it turned off navigation.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a response from ZAutomotive about the seatbelt dinging.

The engineer just told me that it's an issue he's come across in 2021s. On paper/in the computer, it doesn't look like they changed the code for the seat belt ding, but for some reason it just won't turn off. He actually thinks it's a mistake on their end. He's looking into getting that working soon though.

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 has never had the seatbelt ding disable stick either.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
following cause i full reboot like 5/6 time and some still not working

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't even get it to "Marry?". Trying to return this junk now. Waste of $.

What happens when you try to "Marry" it? is it rebooting at all? Have you tried contacting them for assistance?

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
What happens when you try to "Marry" it? is it rebooting at all? Have you tried contacting them for assistance?
Nothing. It stays the same. They have a number that you can only send texts to.

I'll try and contact them again today. The more I read up on it though, apparently 2021 RAM's have issues with this product.

Users who are viewing this thread