5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT group buy - February 2020

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Finally ordered mine yesterday. Now just have to wait for it to get here. Already planning on using it to automate the folding mirrors and allow NAV updates while moving.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been in for a week or so

Nav motion - haven’t had to use it yet but that’s good to have (for the passenger of course

Seat belt ding - off finally! The way the parking garage is at work, I have to make a wide turn in and left, and I can’t get close enough to the card reader most of the time, so I have to open door and stretch out. Of course I don’t put belt back on and would have to listen to that ding for 2 floors (1st world problems)

Nothing else yet

CJR28

Reaction score
Mine has been in for a week or so

Nav motion - haven’t had to use it yet but that’s good to have (for the passenger of course

Seat belt ding - off finally! The way the parking garage is at work, I have to make a wide turn in and left, and I can’t get close enough to the card reader most of the time, so I have to open door and stretch out. Of course I don’t put belt back on and would have to listen to that ding for 2 floors (1st world problems)

Nothing else yet
The seat belt chime is actually very easy to turn off without the tazer. Its an old hack that worked on the DS Rams too. I believe all you have to do is buckle seat belt with the truck off, turn the truck into “Run” mode, and buckle the seat belt 3 times with it resting unbuckled and turn the truck off.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I disabled my seat belt chime a month or two after getting the truck. My main need for the Tazer was to change my tire size and disable the fog light drop out with high beams.

CJR28

Reaction score
Yeah I disabled my seat belt chime a month or two after getting the truck. My main need for the Tazer was to change my tire size and disable the fog light drop out with high beams.
Same, i also like being able to darken the truck and have my passengers be able to use the nav. I actually prefer using the ram nav over my phone, and it works pretty well.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same, i also like being able to darken the truck and have my passengers be able to use the nav. I actually prefer using the ram nav over my phone, and it works pretty well.
I’m going to start using the ram nav too. I did unlock that Nav in motion feature.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Send & Go is awesome. Look something up on phone, send, and it’s waiting in truck!

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The seat belt chime is actually very easy to turn off without the tazer. Its an old hack that worked on the DS Rams too. I believe all you have to do is buckle seat belt with the truck off, turn the truck into “Run” mode, and buckle the seat belt 3 times with it resting unbuckled and turn the truck off.

Good to know, but not going back ;)

Shives

Reaction score
Windows, light show, looks great with LED. I tired them all out. Cargo cam has not shown up yet.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Send & Go is awesome. Look something up on phone, send, and it’s waiting in truck!
I haven't tried Send and Go, but today I was able to get Alexa to send an address to the truck so it was waiting on the Uconnect, and start the truck up 5 minutes before I headed to lunch. My co-workers were suitably impressed. Ha! :ROFLMAO: Although the remote start feature is pretty cool, all I did was worry that someone was going to steal my truck. Cant see myself using that feature too often.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't tried Send and Go, but today I was able to get Alexa to send an address to the truck so it was waiting on the Uconnect, and start the truck up 5 minutes before I headed to lunch. My co-workers were suitably impressed. Ha! :ROFLMAO: Although the remote start feature is pretty cool, all I did was worry that someone was going to steal my truck. Cant see myself using that feature too often.
They wouldn't be able to steal it from remote starting. Won't go into gear until key fob is within range and you push brake and hit start button.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
They wouldn't be able to steal it from remote starting. Won't go into gear until key fob is within range and you push brake and hit start button.
Yeah, I forgot about the "push start button" part so when I got into the truck the shifter knob wouldn't work. Took me a second to remember that I had to push the start button to actually move the truck. Even knowing that the truck won't move without the fob won't stop me from worrying about it being stolen. The remote start is a cool feature but I just don't see myself using it that much.

Shives

Reaction score
Anyone have any trouble with getting the front camera to work? Also, my unit seems to say updating a bit while selecting through menus. I’ve done the full reboot, dash does not stay on. Firmware is on .0.5.
Should be able to enable, couple key cycles and Bob’s your uncle! But.... Bob never showed up yet.
Anyone?
Also, big notice of interference with LED lights trying to run light show. Tho, it’s bad ***... Light show you have to be on top of the truck, as well window roll down.
So, I’ll be looking into fixing these issues.
Really need to find the keyless entry antennas, and key fob. This way I can start to work on a fix this week

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any trouble with getting the front camera to work? Also, my unit seems to say updating a bit while selecting through menus. I’ve done the full reboot, dash does not stay on. Firmware is on .0.5.
Should be able to enable, couple key cycles and Bob’s your uncle! But.... Bob never showed up yet.
Anyone?
Also, big notice of interference with LED lights trying to run light show. Tho, it’s bad ***... Light show you have to be on top of the truck, as well window roll down.
So, I’ll be looking into fixing these issues.
Really need to find the keyless entry antennas, and key fob. This way I can start to work on a fix this week

Go to thread how to add passive entry on antenna and fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I want to order, what code are you taking about?
Ellisstrong contacted Z Automotive and arranged for a group buy using the code TZDT50, but anyone participating in the buy had to send an email to the Z Automotive point of contact and she enable the discount code for each person's email address. You could try going to the website and checking if the code will still work, but it supposedly was turned off after September 26th.

Users who are viewing this thread