5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is mostly working fine, but I've had a few weird things happen while running it. TurnCam has come on a couple times while driving even though it's disabled, and I had to reboot the screen to make it go away. My cruise control has spontaneously cancelled, and interior ambient lights turned off/back on. Not comforting knowing that the Tazer can control a lot of vehicle functions and it's glitching out randomly. Hopefully they get this crap sorted out.
NNot had that but I love the the setting where your back up cam comes when turn signal is applies so you see behind you as you make turns!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
NNot had that but I love the the setting where your back up cam comes when turn signal is applies so you see behind you as you make turns!
I would hope your eyes would be on the road in front of you, or whatever direction you were turning. I dont understand why you need to see behind you when turning. And if you did, that's why there are mirrors.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would hope your eyes would be on the road in front of you, or whatever direction you were turning. I dont understand why you need to see behind you when turning. And if you did, that's why there are mirrors.
Biker habit for 54 years, when you can see all behind you its possible to get out of the way when fools are getting ready to do crazy **** behind you! Glancing behind myself never has kept me from seeing what's going in front of me just like mirrors have not either....but mirrors have blind spots cams do not. Its all about seeing behind you before the turn not while turning....lol.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is not a Tazer issue, but a function of the vehicle shutting off (Auto Start/Stop).
My truck doesn't have that happen.
I set it with Alfaobd, not Tazer.
If Tazer claims to do the same thing then it should work just like mine.
Amber brow stays on and signature light stays off until my headlights are turned on, then both are white.
My DRL are confused to be amber.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck doesn't have that happen.
I set it with Alfaobd, not Tazer.
If Tazer claims to do the same thing then it should work just like mine.
Amber brow stays on and signature light stays off until my headlights are turned on, then both are white.
My DRL are confused to be amber.
Yeah, been paying a little more attention since I posted that. I now do believe it is a function of how the Tazer interacts with the AS/S. Tazer is a little quirky with its newest updates, I'd like to see them spend more time addressing things like this.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, been paying a little more attention since I posted that. I now do believe it is a function of how the Tazer interacts with the AS/S. Tazer is a little quirky with its newest updates, I'd like to see them spend more time addressing things like this.
I returned mine under a month of having it. Didn't work good at all with my 2022.
I hear nav in motion STILL doesn't work. Can you confirm that for me? Being able to type in addresses while moving?
Also camera in motion didn't work.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I returned mine under a month of having it. Didn't work good at all with my 2022.
I hear nav in motion STILL doesn't work. Can you confirm that for me? Being able to type in addresses while moving?
One of the beta release notes (still in testing, for the upcoming general release) states that the Nav In Motion feature has been disabled with UConnect5, as it isn’t supported by the radio and caused problems.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I don't normally use the factory nav but I can check it the next time I go out. I haven't had an issue with the rear camera staying on when I want it, tho

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't normally use the factory nav but I can check it the next time I go out. I haven't had an issue with the rear camera staying on when I want it, tho
When I had my Tazer the camera would only stay on for 5-10 seconds while driving.
So if I was coming up on something and I wanted my surround view, I couldn't even toggle it until I was going slower then 5mph (essentially stopped).
Same thing with rear camera (it's the same menu for surround view)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
One of the beta release notes (still in testing, for the upcoming general release) states that the Nav In Motion feature has been disabled with UConnect5, as it isn’t supported by the radio and caused problems.
Isn't supported by the radio?
The whole point of the TazerDT is to trick the system...
If nav in motion can't work, then camera in motion shouldn't be able to work either.

I really want to like the TazerDT, but for a 2022 I just don't get it.

HemiDude

Reaction score
It is disappointing that so many of the benefits that Tazer could offer don't work. I actually feel a little bad for the Tazer folks, as I am sure they see UC5 sometimes like a moving target. However, I'd like to see enough integrity from them to just admit it, and maybe just make the whole UC5 interface a beta... I imaging some guys wouldn't be averse to testing their updates on their trucks and reporting results in exchange for a free final product.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't supported by the radio?
The whole point of the TazerDT is to trick the system...
If nav in motion can't work, then camera in motion shouldn't be able to work either.

I really want to like the TazerDT, but for a 2022 I just don't get it.
Just passing along the developer notes. I suspect UConnect5 relies more on the speed info, and disabling that feed caused problems.

It is disappointing that so many of the benefits that Tazer could offer don't work. I actually feel a little bad for the Tazer folks, as I am sure they see UC5 sometimes like a moving target. However, I'd like to see enough integrity from them to just admit it, and maybe just make the whole UC5 interface a beta... I imaging some guys wouldn't be averse to testing their updates on their trucks and reporting results in exchange for a free final product.
There are several people on the TRX forum testing the beta software right now. I don’t think there are any free perks - just the ability to provide feedback directly to the developer.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I returned mine mid last year they claimed it would only "be a couple of months until full support" and I could just keep it and wait.
I was like no i'm good and returned it.

They had the nerve to charge me a $25 restocking fee (which they never told me about and just didn't give me a full refund) for a product that didn't work which is really off-putting considering the features advertised didn't work on a truck that was listed in the manual as supported (2022).

HemiDude

Reaction score
When I had my Tazer the camera would only stay on for 5-10 seconds while driving.
So if I was coming up on something and I wanted my surround view, I couldn't even toggle it until I was going slower then 5mph (essentially stopped).
Same thing with rear camera (it's the same menu for surround view)
Yeah, that is the default On time from the factory, isn't it? I only have the rear camera, so I don't know how the surround is designed, I assume the same? Bummer

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is the default On time from the factory, isn't it? I only have the rear camera, so I don't know how the surround is designed, I assume the same? Bummer
Yes it's the factory time.

I don't have a picture but if I put it I reverse the top of the 12 inch shows the camera, and the bottom had buttons for the other views.
Rear, rear wide angle, front, front wide angle, and there is a top down view in the rear and front (but not wide angle) views.

It's all essentially the same menu as the rear view is all i'm getting at.

Dewey

Reaction score
Tazer works on my 2022 for Kill3Honk, amber DRL’s, Auto Stop/Start disable, fog light drop out with brights disable, 0-30/0-60 timers and plenty of other functions I don’t use. Worth every penny for me just for the first three.

There were some quirks with the latest update but I use the one where Kill3Honk was added and no issues since. I have no use for the new coded start feature so don’t use the latest updates.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tazer works on my 2022 for Kill3Honk, amber DRL’s, Auto Stop/Start disable, 0-30/0-60 timers and plenty of other functions I don’t use. Worth every penny for me just for the first three.

There were some quirks with the latest update but I use the one where Kill3Honk was added and no issues since. I have no use for the new coded start feature so don’t use the latest.
Besides Kill3Honk there are other things you can do to handle them.

Alfaobd you can change DRL to whatever you want.

0-60 timer is built into the truck, but can also be done with any handheld to BT adapter.

Auto stop-start I tuned out (expensive) but I have a $50 cable that gives it memory. Some people have reported problems with amber DRL and start stop using a Tazer on a 2022 so i'm not even sure if that works properly.

The list of items the TazerDT CAN'T do that it lists is huge compared to the list of what it actually can do on a 2022.
Stuff like the Turn Assist don't even work on a 2022.

Dewey

Reaction score
Besides Kill3Honk there are other things you can do to handle them.

Alfaobd you can change DRL to whatever you want.

0-60 timer is built into the truck, but can also be done with any handheld to BT adapter.

Auto stop-start I tuned out (expensive) but I have a $50 cable that gives it memory. Some people have reported problems with amber DRL and start stop using a Tazer on a 2022 so i'm not even sure if that works properly.

The list of items the TazerDT CAN'T do that it lists is huge compared to the list of what it actually can do on a 2022.
Stuff like the Turn Assist don't even work on a 2022.
Your opinion of course. I’m happy with mine especially since I bought used for much cheaper than new. Does everything I need it to do. Those other options are worthless to me.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I still have to test mine, I was waiting for that as tomorrow I will bring my car to the dealer first.
It is a pity to read that so less things work (or work good) for the 2022.
I hope options like, the front camera turns on when it detects something with the front sensors, are working well.
Also I hope to have the front camera stay on longer, cause it is annoying that you are parking and doing some reverse and forward manoeuvres and when switching from Reverse to Drive, it stops the camera after 5 seconds. It should be on for 30 seconds or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/