5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
I've been running both together for several months. If you make all your Vehicle setting before installing the Pulsar, everything works. The Live Settings assigned to cruise buttons work fine also (Line Lock, Fast Idle, or whatever you want to assign). The Live Settings menus aren't usable but, apart from the 0-60 timer, there's nothing I need in the menus. It'll be nice when it's fixed but I don't regret the purchase as is. It's field upgradable so I'll flash it when a fix comes out.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that line lock, etc... works. Are you able to switch between performance, tow, etc...? If so, are there any special steps to prevent problems?

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that line lock, etc... works. Are you able to switch between performance, tow, etc...? If so, are there any special steps to prevent problems?

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Everything on the Pulsar works normally. Any Taser DT settings that are configured for the various buttons work as expected. The incompatibility is with the menus for changing settings with the ignition on/motor off. I selected all my Taser settings with the Pulsar uninstalled then installed the Pulsar and all settings work fine. There are also Live Functions that are set from a dash menu while the truck is running. These don't display properly. Most of those functions can be assigned to cruise buttons so there is no need for the menus. The 0-60 timer is the exception. There are a few others that are menu driven like the Light Show but that can be assigned to a button as well. The FOB also controls Light Show when you are parked. I'd say the Taser is 95% functional with the Pulsar installed. The button assignment menu works fine. Any menu that uses Cruise Cancel gets overwritten by the Pulsar since Cruise Cancel also causes the Pulsar to write to the Audio display at the same time. I have found that pressing and holding Cruise Cancel for 1 second or more will allow the Pulsar to write on press and the Tazer writes on release. This works but it's not reliable and takes some patience.

Hopefully they'll get them working together perfectly soon. I think the best workaround would be to add the ability to edit all features through the Tazer's USB port with their software.

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue where the service airbag light comes on with the tazer installed?

EDIT: Contacted tazer and it has to do with the rebel splash screen on my laramie, everything's fine if I keep the splash screen stock.

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
The Diablo's are out now.

Checked the Diablo website and they do have the turners out now for 2019 5.7 1500. Getting the pcm and the i3. Prices are about right where I expected them to be so there's no problem there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramhead

Reaction score
New 19 Ram owner and didn't read all the posts but has the issue of whether any of these tuners will or will not void factory warranty coverage been definitively answered?? I was looking at the Pedal Commander for this reason but if there is a way to cover the use of a tuner I might just go with that. Iy used to be you could return the program to the stock one but I'm guessing they have much more in depth ways to delve into it now.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New 19 Ram owner and didn't read all the posts but has the issue of whether any of these tuners will or will not void factory warranty coverage been definitively answered?? I was looking at the Pedal Commander for this reason but if there is a way to cover the use of a tuner I might just go with that. Iy used to be you could return the program to the stock one but I'm guessing they have much more in depth ways to delve into it now.

This has been discussed on many threads throughout many forums. The bottom line is RAM can void your warranty for something they believe causes the issue and was not a manufacturers defect during the warranty period. Yes sure your rights are protected with the MagnusonMoss Warranty Act but do you have the deep pockets and time to fight with FCA in court? Use at your own risk.

ramhead

Reaction score
This has been discussed on many threads throughout many forums. The bottom line is RAM can void your warranty for something they believe causes the issue and was not a manufacturers defect during the warranty period. Yes sure your rights are protected with the MagnusonMoss Warranty Act but do you have the deep pockets and time to fight with FCA in court? Use at your own risk.

Ok thanks....I did some searches for "tuner void warranty" and "tazer void warranty" but nothing came up.....do you have a link to one of the more in depth threads about it? Thanks.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok thanks....I did some searches for "tuner void warranty" and "tazer void warranty" but nothing came up.....do you have a link to one of the more in depth threads about it? Thanks.

I searched exactly what you typed "tuner void warranty" and other threads came up. I am not sure what you are expecting to see that will make you feel better about installing any aftermarket device. You will see people comment that "my dealer saw it and had no problem with it", then you will see another person say "FCA (or Ford or GM etc) denied my warranty because they blamed the (insert aftermarket part here). This is really very easy. If you modify or change the factory equipment in any way AND the dealer feels this contributed to the failure of a warrantied part then YOU have the burden of proof. The law protects you and they are to prove it BUT again do YOU have the time and money to argue this with them IF you ever are put into the situation.

A great example is a dealer who installs lift kits on new vehicles YET another dealer would void suspension components if you installed one. It's all subjective.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
The key is to find the right dealer. My local dealer honors warranty if they install the tuner. Just go talk to a few.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

ramhead

Reaction score
I searched exactly what you typed "tuner void warranty" and other threads came up. I am not sure what you are expecting to see that will make you feel better about installing any aftermarket device. You will see people comment that "my dealer saw it and had no problem with it", then you will see another person say "FCA (or Ford or GM etc) denied my warranty because they blamed the (insert aftermarket part here). This is really very easy. If you modify or change the factory equipment in any way AND the dealer feels this contributed to the failure of a warrantied part then YOU have the burden of proof. The law protects you and they are to prove it BUT again do YOU have the time and money to argue this with them IF you ever are put into the situation.

A great example is a dealer who installs lift kits on new vehicles YET another dealer would void suspension components if you installed one. It's all subjective.

Ok...but hmmm regarding the search. I just did it again (via the search box to the left of username) using exactly that ("tazer void warranty" and "everywhere" selected) and the only 2 results that come back are my original question and your response. ???

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok...but hmmm regarding the search. I just did it again (via the search box to the left of username) using exactly that ("tazer void warranty" and "everywhere" selected) and the only 2 results that come back are my original question and your response. ???

View attachment 27076

You also stated you searched for “tuner void warranty” which yields more results. Let’s not get too petty here.

Seriously though if you saw a thread where a dealer supported someone who had it would that make you feel more comfortable buying it ? There would be another thread that stated the dealer denied a claim because of “XYZ” I am trying to explain to you that at the end of the day you assume any risk of modifying anything. If you can’t accept the risk whatever that is in your situation then you shouldn’t modify.

I am seriously interested in your or anyone’s POV maybe I’m not thinking of something.

ramhead

Reaction score
You also stated you searched for “tuner void warranty” which yields more results. Let’s not get too petty here.

Seriously though if you saw a thread where a dealer supported someone who had it would that make you feel more comfortable buying it ? There would be another thread that stated the dealer denied a claim because of “XYZ” I am trying to explain to you that at the end of the day you assume any risk of modifying anything. If you can’t accept the risk whatever that is in your situation then you shouldn’t modify.

I am seriously interested in your or anyone’s POV maybe I’m not thinking of something.

I did that search again with "tuner" and , you're right....a few more threads came up. Perhaps I did something wrong the first time but no reason for the attitude or the tone in most of your responses to me so far which has come off quite frankly as sort of di*kish.

And yeah, I already knew about the risk of mods....however elsewhere I have found posts where guys are claiming if you return the stock programming then you are good to go.....then some say no....then some say maybe...then some say they don't know. So, as there is no definitive answer to that I could find re the newer Diablo, etc tuners I came here specifically to see if there were any experiences/advice pertaining to 2019 Rams and the newer tuners. The last time I had anything to do with a tuner was using a Hypertech on my 03....and in that case you could return it to stock with no flags in the code/system being set. As it stands now and from the current research I've done since my OP, IMO it will undoubtedly void (or RISK voiding) the powertrain warranty if anything goes wrong so I'm not going to take said risk (or will wait until warranty is expired). Guess I'll go with the Pedal Commander until that time.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
Looks like there are 10 or 11 of us who are interested in doing a group buy. Anyone want to step up and lead this charge? Can anyone who ran the previous group buys advise how to proceed.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
Hooray! Let's get another group buy going!

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Saints

Reaction score
ATTENTION. There is and update to Tazer. It should be uploaded today or tomorrow at the latest. From what I’m told the update should fix the tazer /pulsar issues.
Thanks for the heads up. For those of us without a Pulsar is there anything else worth upgrading for?

Rockgt302

Reaction score
In regards to the tazer update. It works flawlessly. I have the first one as my truck was the test truck. Should be out in next day or So. I have been playing with it all day today to try and trip it up. No issues. You will just have to get used to the changes in the tazer use configurations.

Users who are viewing this thread