5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue and have done a full reboot 3 times with no luck in fixing it. I know have a service stability control light on and can't get rid of it. Did I get a lemon or WTF gives.
I texted Z automotive with no response. Does any one have any ideas for me. So far not very please with this unit.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Go to your Unconnect settings and then select aps then select 360 Cams option and see if that does not resolve for you. When you enter your cams by double tapping mute button do not select the back up cam. Just select all cams but the back up cam and no issues will occur. If you forget and select back up Cam and it will not work go back in unconnect ap and select the flashing 360 cam option to get back up cam to work again..

whetrick1

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to try mine yet I hope I don't have any trouble with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojopinto

Reaction score
Please post follow up if it solved the cam issues for others to follow as well who may need a hand.:)
Btw mine is the 12" screen.. I found a few things out today, if you adjust tire size lower than the default 32.5 my truck sets the traction lights on and clear cel and reboot will not fix it, must unmarry and start over to fix also lower tire size will not adjust Speedo for changes it stays the same, plus tire value will effect speedo...

Note: plus tire size = plus speed on the speedometer.

Also my cam is still working I have only nav in motion selected, a few light options and fold mirrors. I can turn on my back up cam in motion from the app screen after it's on I can activate and leave the 360 cam running with out issue. I will probably leave it like this until we get a update....

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found that setting up an assignable hotkey for Cameras to the "Res" button works well with Nav in Motion.. Hold down the RIGHT arrow and press the Res button. Keep tapping the Res button until you see the Camera option in the screen then release the Left button. Now your Res button calls the camera screen while driving. It'll stay on until you tap Res again.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hold down the RIGHT arrow and press the Res button. Keep tapping the Res button until you see the Camera option in the screen then release the Left button.

OK...so help me out here. You say to hold down the RIGHT arrow and press the RES button and then let go of the LEFT button??? You never said to press the LEFT button so how do you release it???

myram2019

Reaction score
Btw mine is the 12" screen.. I found a few things out today, if you adjust tire size lower than the default 32.5 my truck sets the traction lights on and clear cel and reboot will not fix it, must unmarry and start over to fix also lower tire size will not adjust Speedo for changes it stays the same, plus tire value will effect speedo...

Note: plus tire size = plus speed on the speedometer.

Also my cam is still working I have only nav in motion selected, a few light options and fold mirrors. I can turn on my back up cam in motion from the app screen after it's on I can activate and leave the 360 cam running with out issue. I will probably leave it like this until we get a update....

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
I installed 33" tires. I tested my speedo to phone gps mph at 30. Then i tested it after getting the tires at 30. Both were dead on without adjusting tire sizes. The calc say it should of been at 32 but it wasnt. Does it auto correct?

jojopinto

Reaction score
I installed 33" tires. I tested my speedo to phone gps mph at 30. Then i tested it after getting the tires at 30. Both were dead on without adjusting tire sizes. The calc say it should of been at 32 but it wasnt. Does it auto correct?
I set mine to 41" and the speedo was way high. I set it to 28" and it was right on and the service traction light was on. I think it just doesn't work correctly! Hopefully it gets fixed in an update.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Wheeler

Reaction score
33s are not true 33 they are close to stock 32+.
I have 35s my speedometer was 5 mph off at 60 mph. Other words truck was doing 65mph when speedo shows 60mph.
To achieve correct display on speedo I found out 34.5 is tire selection instead of 35.

myram2019

Reaction score
33s are not true 33 they are close to stock 32+.
I have 35s my speedometer was 5 mph off at 60 mph. Other words truck was doing 65mph when speedo shows 60mph.
To achieve correct display on speedo I found out 34.5 is tire selection instead of 35.
I would of did 35" but didnt want to deal with rubbing so i went with 33" and had to do nothing. Win in my eyes

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let's us know if there is a third group buy. I'd be interested.

Any issues with the automatic high beams and the light show? I'd like to program a setup to use being a volunteer firefighter

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Any issues with the automatic high beams and the light show? I'd like to program a setup to use being a volunteer firefighter
No. Fogs+High Beams works great as does the Light Shows. See my tip a few post back on setting up the Cruise Resume button as a single press to activate a Tazer Live Function. You can set the Res button to turn on/off a light show with a single press.

myram2019

Reaction score

I don’t think it allows you to use the light show during driving. I had them on while parked and when I shifted to drive they turned off.

Chris

Reaction score
I don’t think it allows you to use the light show during driving. I had them on while parked and when I shifted to drive they turned off.
The instructions state they can be programmed for parade use, though I didn't see how. Might need to get a custom firmware from the Manufacturer after providing proof of legitimate need and signing a release of liability.

Twlvoltz

Reaction score
So I found 2 "features".

1) if you double tap mute while going forward it shows the rear camera. Then double tap again to go back to previous screen.

2) when you use the remote to roll up or down the windows, it puts the RAP function active for however long you have ignition off power set to.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The instructions state they can be programmed for parade use, though I didn't see how. Might need to get a custom firmware from the Manufacturer after providing proof of legitimate need and signing a release of liability.

I'm guessing it's an unlock from Tazer, but I'm not sure what documentation they would want / need to verify your credentials

From the website:

Light shows: Can be accessed from the key fob or from the on-screen menu. 6 pre-set light shows and 3 make-your-own shows included. Set from the factory to only operate when parked, but can be unlocked for off-road, parade, and emergency personnel use.

Users who are viewing this thread