5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Tazer does NOT plug into the OBDII port
Isn't the OBDII port the one under the dash? It looks like it does, as does the PC. The pulsar goes into the PCM. I thought both the Tazer and PC both go into the OBDII. Where do they go then? I never did mods like this, so I'm learning.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Tazer does NOT plug into the OBDII port
Actually it does. Here's their install instructions.

I just saw someones earlier post. It's the PC that does NOT plug into OBDII port. The Tazer does. PC plugs in near the accelerator. So they are different places and not splitter needed. Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - tazer user guide 2.4.3.docx.png
    Microsoft Word - tazer user guide 2.4.3.docx.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Actually it does. Here's their install instructions.

I just saw someones earlier post. It's the PC that does NOT plug into OBDII port. The Tazer does. PC plugs in near the accelerator. So they are different places and not splitter needed. Can anyone confirm?

Unless I am missing something, the Tazer does NOT plug into the OBDII port but plugs into the two SGW module connections. Look at the Tazer DT which is specific to the new 2019 RAM. @Cmerkert ...you are looking at the wrong device and wrong vehicle!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad you said that. I was wondering why there were 2. Tazer and Tazer DT. Both s
Unless I am missing something, the Tazer does NOT plug into the OBDII port but plugs into the two SGW module connections. Look at the Tazer DT which is specific to the new 2019 RAM. @Cmerkert ...you are looking at the wrong device and wrong vehicle!

I'm glad you said that. I was wondering why there were 2. Tazer and Tazer DT. Both say Ram 1500 but no year. Wasn't sure the difference. So what is the SGW? Is that the port at the accelerator that the PC connects into. If so, it's a shame they changed it to there, the same place as the PC.

Ports??
Tazer for new Ram 1500's plugs in ______________________
Pedal Commander for new 1500's plugs into ______________

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just here to hopefully clear the air after reading all 3 pages - FWIW I was interested in the group buy, but will want the features of the Pulsar (so if you're selling your pulsar, hit me up!)

Device

Tazer DT

Edge Pulsar

Pedal Commander

Plugs Into:

OBD Port (inline / replaces security gateway 'SGW')

PCM Under Hood

In-line of Throttle Pedal

Feature Set:

Mostly a 'Settings Keeper' w/Adjustments (no performance adjustments)

Performance adjuster w/some settings adjustments

Only a throttle performance enhancer

Cost:

~50 off w/Group Buy

~500

~300

Compatibility*:

Works w/ Pedal Commander BT

Works w/Pedal Commander**

Works with Tazer DT & Edge**
*Based on what I've read + logic of what each product does.
**Updated per @Max Limited research

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
The pedal commander plugs into the top of your accelerater pedal harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannonball

Reaction score
$280 for novelty adjustments? Eh more has been spent on less!

The reverse cam with blinker does sound pretty useful but man i wish there was the option to increase the Limited's signature led intensity.

Does it let you READ the check engine light code? Or just extinguish it?

myram2019

Reaction score
I got some good news. I can add more people to the group buy.
Please send me a personal message with your LAST NAME if want to be added to the deal.
I have 9 additional spots.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I got some good news. I can add more people to the group buy.
Please send me a personal message with your LAST NAME if want to be added to the deal.
I have 9 additional spots.

I read what it did but didn't see if it disables the MDS or did I miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are some of the positives I see for the Tazer. Not looking for drag racing mods, serious off roading or changing tires, etc.
  • Enable Cargo/front/undercarriage Camera input - front good when parking close.
  • Enable Aux switch settings on the radio - what would you need this for?
  • Light shows: - good when plowing my driveway into road.
  • Automatic Power folding mirrors - obviously good!
  • Control front windows up/down from keyfob - could be useful.
  • Disable Navigation in-motion lockout - super useful
  • Disable camera lockout - good
  • Auto Tow Mod - doesn't the uConnect have up to 4 trailers profiles? if so not applicable
  • TurnCAM - very cool. Test drove a Traverse, and it had the rearview mirror as a camera which surprised me how good that was. No heads or headrests to get in the way, and it would span 3 lanes of traffic.
  • Button Mapping - maybe good??

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are we certain the Pulsar and Tazer DT are totally incompatible. It looks like the Tazer DT is programmed via left side button + right side cruise keys while the truck isn't running and requires a reset (ignition off/on) to enable. After reset, the Pulsar uses only the Cruise keys while running.

As long as Live setting changes aren't used while running, it shouldn't matter. If the Pulsar loses connection to the Cruise keys, you can't change tune levels until a restart. No big deal for me.

What am I missing?

Last edited:

myram2019

Reaction score
this is what i was told by tazer guy : "Recently ran into an issue with Pulsar; seems the pulsar is reacting to something the Tazer sends, and the pulsar then stops responding to steering wheel button commands. "

So i guess they can be used together but may run into a conflict as stated above.

M

Mdegen93

this is what i was told by tazer guy : "Recently ran into an issue with Pulsar; seems the pulsar is reacting to something the Tazer sends, and the pulsar then stops responding to steering wheel button commands. "

So i guess they can be used together but may run into a conflict as stated above.
I wonder if you have the pulsar set to performance mds off then install the tazer if it would keep the settings in the pulsar and let you control the tazer

myram2019

Reaction score
GROUP UPDATE : I have 14 definite that responded, 3 waiting for response and 3 open spots.
I want to submit this afternoon so if interested please respond.
Thanks

Max Limited

Reaction score
TruckDriver
Nice comparison but you need to update one point. The Pulsar works with the PC. Several here have both as they use the PC to decrease throttle response when using Pulsar performance mode.

Users who are viewing this thread