5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want to confirm the settings if bringing back into a dealer. Does is have a factory reset all function? If not, then we should write down all the original settings and make sure to go back into the settings and return them to factory before we bring it in to a dealer. I know the Pulsar returns to factory when removed, but the Tazer is designed to still work (hold settings) when unplugged as you do not need to leave it plugged in. Please confirm.

Anyone see any good Pulsar vs Tazer comparison or reviews? I haven't been able to find any comparisons.

myram2019

Reaction score
Pulasr is performance (similar to Pedal commander) .................. Tazer does no performance but gives you a lot of additional settings and features ( see list in beginning of thread) There is an unmarry procedure to do when returning back to stock. Its very simple and easy to do. Then there is no trace of it on your system.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect! Glad there is an unmarry (factory reset). I know Pulsar and Tazer both go through cruise control buttons and instrument cluster, and therefore they would conflict. How about Tazer and Pedal Commander. That obviously has its own controller so no overlap of instrument cluster or cruise control buttons. However, would they conflict in any other way? Would any settings throw off the other's settings??

DISREGARD - I just remembered that they both plug into the same port so therefore they cannot both be used as the same time. Pedal Commander would not allow any Live functions of the Tazer as it would also need to be plugged in to run the Live functions

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
I'm interested. Does it also turn MDS off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lrobbi

Reaction score
This is JUST FYI for those whome may have the Pulsar - I have the TAZAR BURN BOX (it has less functions than the full TAZAR) ... I have not been able to get it to work with the Pulsar. The Pulsar uses one of the control functions that the Tazar BURN BOX does, making the two not compatable. For now I am keeping my BURN BOX as I know I will eventiually do away with the PULSAR if I go SuperCharger, (ECU Tune for SC) then I will place the Tazar BURN BOX back on. This is just a FYI, for those who might already have the Pulsar.

Max Limited

Reaction score
Pedal Commander does not plug into the OBDII port like the Tazer.

It plugs into the plug off of the accelerator pedal, so there should be no conflicts between a PC and Tazer.

M

Mdegen93

Does the tazer increase performance and shut off mds like the pulsar?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Mdegen93 ...the Tazer is NOT a performance device...it is simply like a handheld programmer that plugs into your vehicle to enhance or remove features that are not capable of being done through the stock hardware itself. It is controlled through the steering wheel buttons and displays on the dash screen.

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-dt/

Download the install instructions and feature list.

M

Mdegen93

and I read you can’t use it with the pulsar installed correct?

myram2019

Reaction score
I was told there are no issue with using Tazer DT along with Pedal commander at the same time.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by TAZER that there is a conflict between PULSAR and TAZER where the PULASER wheel buttons stop functioning after getting a TAZER command. I see where there maybe a conflict as both use the same buttons to operate and change settings.
I read the manual and the Tazer DT uses a combination of left side keys + cruise keys whereas the Pulsar uses only the cruise keys. Seems like Tazer could work alongside the Pulsar if programmed properly. It would be better for both if they did since they are selling to the same bolt-on mod customers.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect! Glad there is an unmarry (factory reset). I know Pulsar and Tazer both go through cruise control buttons and instrument cluster, and therefore they would conflict. How about Tazer and Pedal Commander. That obviously has its own controller so no overlap of instrument cluster or cruise control buttons. However, would they conflict in any other way? Would any settings throw off the other's settings??

DISREGARD - I just remembered that they both plug into the same port so therefore they cannot both be used as the same time. Pedal Commander would not allow any Live functions of the Tazer as it would also need to be plugged in to run the Live functions
The Canbus allows multiple devices to be connected. The diagnostic port is just a tap into the Canbus and manufacturer's only provide one port. You can buy a splitter cable that replaces the original port and adds a 2nd port under the dash.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Canbus allows multiple devices to be connected. The diagnostic port is just a tap into the Canbus and manufacturer's only provide one port. You can buy a splitter cable that replaces the original port and adds a 2nd port under the dash.
Nice, so one for the Tazer for truck options and set ups, and another for the PC to give it some juice and tow mode. That would work. Pular would not be needed then as PC and Tazer would do it and more. Where do I get a splitter? Does Zautomotive sell that too?

Users who are viewing this thread