5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Custom Light Shows

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a dedicated thread already for custom light shows.

As I was walking through mine to do a couple screen captures, my 1500 spat at me and said the Cruise Control System was offline and requires service .. oh oh!! So I contacted ZAUTO Support (I was already going to ask them what I clicked to make my camera BlueScreen on me yesterday when I installed it).

I removed the TAZER DT and plug the 2 connectors back into their original locations but the 1500 said, nope; uh-uh. Soooo .. looks like I'll have to see if I get time to use wiTECH and reflash my modules tomorrow unless ZAUTO replies with something else.

My custom isn't done .. was just looking at how each light would flash and how long. When I finish mine, I'll alternate each line making sure front and rear lights are in the mix.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those who like showing off their truck at a local getogether .. and those of us who are First Responders and are allowed by our local state laws to have them flashing while driving as we respond to a situation.

Other than that, when the neighbor kid thinks about grabbing something from your rolled down windows, you can hit the keyfob and the light show starts .. hopefully he'll think twice, but more than likely not. LOL

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious if you could set custom light sequences for locks and unlocks. That would be kind of cool to me. But I have no desire to use it as is, just wondering what you guys were doing with it. Thanks

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious if you could set custom light sequences for locks and unlocks. That would be kind of cool to me. But I have no desire to use it as is, just wondering what you guys were doing with it. Thanks

That isn't in the setup/program but I'm sure if people started requesting the feature, they could add it easy enough.

I know UNLOCK+UNLOCK+LOCK+UNLOCK starts your light shows.
I know UNLOCK (5 times) rolls your windows down.
I tried LOCK (5 times) to roll them back up, but it didn't work for me.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That would be cool. Maybe in a future software release. My favorite feature is still the Daytime running light location change to the Amber turn signals (Looks like something from TRON!)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That isn't in the setup/program but I'm sure if people started requesting the feature, they could add it easy enough.

Did you try the lock 5 times to roll them back up again? Weird that it didn't work. I unplugged my Tazer this morning as I dropped the truck off for service. Taking care of the Air Bag software recall, A/C, door alignment and front camera alignment before my warranty is expired (24K miles currently after 7 months and 1 week owning)

The custom light show I want to program is for lighting up everything steady on while off road for maximum night time visibility (All blinkers, puddle lights, CHMSL, Reverse lights, everything outside)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try the lock 5 times to roll them back up again? Weird that it didn't work. I unplugged my Tazer this morning as I dropped the truck off for service. Taking care of the Air Bag software recall, A/C, door alignment and front camera alignment before my warranty is expired (24K miles currently after 7 months and 1 week owning)

The custom light show I want to program is for lighting up everything steady on while off road for maximum night time visibility (All blinkers, puddle lights, CHMSL, Reverse lights, everything outside)

Mmhmm .. you mighta missed what I typed :p

I don't see an open to turn all lights ON (just flash).

ZAUTO got back with me today about my issue (my camera system went blue screen while I was trying to do an update and grab some screen shots.) I couldn't unmarry the TAZER DT because it said my Cruise Control was offline and required service. Then, driving to work, my dash looked like a Christmas tree. I forced flash updates to certain modules and got everything back to factory (minus the camera bluescreen .. and as I was driving home and pulled into my driveway, BAM, the camera system came back online.

Funny. ZAUTO's reqponse was that I needed to have Cruise Control ON while on the Audio screen. They, too, didn't read what I posted LOL (just picking on @JJRamTX )

Shannonw

Reaction score
Most of my issues were fixed with the new firmware update. Lights are working correctly now. Only issue I have now is getting the shortcut option to work. Here are my three custom shows. One for rear only lights, one for front only, and one combination. I'll have to upload the screen shots of the lists later on how they are programmed.

Edit: This took me forever to remember to add these. But a couple people messaged me about them so here they are.

Attachments

• 20201115_132043.jpg
    20201115_132043.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 93
  • 20201115_132055.jpg
    20201115_132055.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20201115_132100.jpg
    20201115_132100.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Need help installing mine into a 2019 3500. Where do these two plug into at?
587d829db104a0608e5697cd847e4259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I programmed the Light Show for all lights to come on steady and it lights up everything off-road very nicely to see what is all around you. It is also great for finding your vehicle in a crowded huge parking lot.

Shannonw

Reaction score
Finally got my tazer light show short cut to work. Although it's nothing like its suppose to be. I also have mine set up for in motion working. But all I do is when the cruise control is off, tap the cruise "res" button and it activates

TexasDrone

Reaction score
What’s your favorite custom pattern? Take screen shots of program and share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I just received my Tazer today, how to I activate the lightshow in motion? Thank you!

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Finally got my tazer light show short cut to work. Although it's nothing like its suppose to be. I also have mine set up for in motion working. But all I do is when the cruise control is off, tap the cruise "res" button and it activates
How did you get this shortcut to work? I need something like this for myself as well to activate on the fly for emergency response as well is when I go to construction sites for my other job. Thanks for your help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online