5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Custom Light Shows

grinch72

Reaction score
Has anyone with a Tazer DT created any custom light shows yet and if yes are you will to share them? I know you can save them to a file and then share. Might be cool if we use this thread to share our custom shows!

Shannonw

Reaction score
Following. The light show is a big reason why I'm going to be picking one of these up in the very near future. Once I figure out a good setup for the light show I'm more than happy to share.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe if you go to the Tazer thread, someone posted a video of the different light shows. We really don't need another thread on the same product ;)

Shannonw

Reaction score
I think he meant this as a place to share the custom light shows users have created themselves. Not a place to just post the same stock light shows over and over again.

I believe if you go to the Tazer thread, someone posted a video of the different light shows. We really don't need another thread on the same product ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know what he meant...and the same thread could have been used for that purpose as well...just sayin ;) Just trying to keep the site "clean" and not have multiple threads on the same product. Do as you wish as the cat's out of the bag already with this one.

grinch72

Reaction score
I know what he meant...and the same thread could have been used for that purpose as well...just sayin ;) Just trying to keep the site "clean" and not have multiple threads on the same product. Do as you wish as the cat's out of the bag already with this one.
I had meant this to be a thread where people shared their custom config files for custom light shows. The group buy thread is just that, a place to discuss the group buy. But as you already proved no one can just leave a post as it was meant to be. Everyone has to comment with things that have nothing to do with the intent of the original post. Such is life on the Internet I guess. It's all good.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Anyone know how to activate the light show while driving? I use my vehicle to respond volunteer EMS and am authorized for such light use. There is supposed to be a hidden menu but tech support has been unresponsive thusfar.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Nymisano
Email zautomotive they have ability to activate for law enforcement and first responders.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you cannot activate it while driving but I haven't tried it so I may be incorrect.

The setup menu is accessed with the ignition ON but engine NOT running.
The menu items are listed in the order in which they will display.
Light Show: Though this is not a setting, it’s in the settings menu so that the light shows can be
activated also when the engine is off – this will work in ACC mode as well.

Shannonw

Reaction score
Anyone know how to activate the light show while driving? I use my vehicle to respond volunteer EMS and am authorized for such light use. There is supposed to be a hidden menu but tech support has been unresponsive thusfar.
Sending you a pm. Yes it can be done

Shannonw

Reaction score
Anyone with custom light shows they would like to share yet? Just got my tazer today. Truck is in the shop so I can't play with it but figured I could mess with the program options.

Shannonw

Reaction score
Don't know about everyone else but I cannot get the custom light shows to work like they're supposed to. for example when I choose the high beams and low beams to flash any custom lightshow and then hit test they will not flash at all. This is after I have already saved the file to make sure they would work. Also the quick feature to turn on the light show while in motion is not working for me. That includes both the high beam and set speed button as well as the key fob combo.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine today and installed it .. My rig has all LEDs (minus the 3rd Brake Lamp). I did notice that it appears by default that the TAZER assumes you have bulbs -- I had to scroll through and change all to LED and also changed the flash speed to more in the middle .. (as LEDs do not have the buildup-powerdown state per say). I did see a few barely flicker -- those were the ones I changed the speed on.

I'll have to record mine and post up when I have a moment.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got mine today and installed it .. My rig has all LEDs (minus the 3rd Brake Lamp). I did notice that it appears by default that the TAZER assumes you have bulbs -- I had to scroll through and change all to LED and also changed the flash speed to more in the middle .. (as LEDs do not have the buildup-powerdown state per say). I did see a few barely flicker -- those were the ones I changed the speed on.

I'll have to record mine and post up when I have a moment.
If you have all factory LED lighting, you do NOT have to program the Tazer for LED lighting. If you leave it factory defaulted, the light show works perfectly.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have all factory LED lighting, you do NOT have to program the Tazer for LED lighting. If you leave it factory defaulted, the light show works perfectly.

Mine didn't .. I was watching it and it would barely flicker -- I grabbed the WIN10 App and that led me into the LED/BULD settings. Looks much better now.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know about everyone else but I cannot get the custom light shows to work like they're supposed to. for example when I choose the high beams and low beams to flash any custom lightshow and then hit test they will not flash at all. This is after I have already saved the file to make sure they would work. Also the quick feature to turn on the light show while in motion is not working for me. That includes both the high beam and set speed button as well as the key fob combo.

I can get the light show while in motion to work. If you are under the music menu and hold down the left arrow and tap cancel on the cruise control it comes up.

I was working on making a custom one but didn't make the time to sit down with my Laptop to test the programming. I wanted to add a "all lights on" show for maximum off road visibility.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you do the FULL REBOOT after saving the files?
There are 2 SAVE functions : one saves to the "drive" and the other saves to the TAZER as CUSTOM 1/2/3.

I made sure I saved to both.

If you checked the "while in motion" checkbox, then you would have also had to except the "license agreement / warning". Then Save. Then Full Reboot.

I need to go out and see if I can get the camera to work again .. I'll see if I can also grab a screen shot or three.

Users who are viewing this thread