5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Amber DRL Settings Help

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes. That's their regular lights.
Signature and blinkers.

The standard signature lights are white on the TRX. I believe they can be changed to amber like the Limited/Laramie using the following:

Cust. Program Features: Daytime Running Lamps: Select: Enabled
Cust. Set Menu 1: Daytime Running Lights CSM Present: Select: Yes
EXUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Select: Yes
CBC Features: DRL Configuration: Select: Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lights: Select: Turn Signal
CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled: Select: Yes
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present: Select: No

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The standard signature lights are white on the TRX. I believe they can be changed to amber like the Limited/Laramie using the following:

CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lights: Select: Turn Signal
I believe you are looking for a TazerDT Live Function but as I, and majority of these fourms you have out grown don't have a TRX to test wtih.

Everything I find reports using a TazerDT

On the regular 1500s the bottom brown is only a single color, on the TRX it allows both, it is called a signature light.
So you would want to look for any settings for signature lighting to adjust it if they exist.

All the settings you show here are for the DRL, which has nothing to do with the signature lighting which is on even if DRL is not on.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I believe you are looking for a TazerDT Live Function but as I, and majority of these fourms you have out grown don't have a TRX to test wtih.

Everything I find reports using a TazerDT

On the regular 1500s the bottom brown is only a single color, on the TRX it allows both, it is called a signature light.
So you would want to look for any settings for signature lighting to adjust it if they exist.

All the settings you show here are for the DRL, which has nothing to do with the signature lighting which is on even if DRL is not on.

I think you're wrong, because someone on the TRX forum did this procedure and he claims he has amber signature lights now. I was asking Jimmy, just to confirm.

I am aware that Tazer does this, but I already have AlfaOBD.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think you're wrong, because someone on the TRX forum did this procedure and he claims he has amber signature lights now. I was asking Jimmy, just to confirm.

I am aware that Tazer does this, but I already have AlfaOBD.
I very much could be wrong as I don't have a TRX, but the settings you provided have 0 to do with color, or evne signature lights for that matter.
I saw the fourms posts you were talking about and they didn't post pictures.
You might want to ask them over there if no one else knows here.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That would be correct.
The TRX headlights are different than the limited headlights in that on the TRX, the bottom and top white signature lamp strips are also the turn signals. On the limited headlights, only the top white signature lamp strip doubles as the turn signal, so there are no amber LEDs on the lower signature lamp strip board.

If you enable those settings above on a TRX, your DRLs will be amber in the upper and lower strips.
If you enable those settings on a Limited, your DRLs will be amber in the upper strip only.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and you’ll have to disable the signature lights with AlfaOBD also.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I very much could be wrong as I don't have a TRX, but the settings you provided have 0 to do with color, or evne signature lights for that matter.
I saw the fourms posts you were talking about and they didn't post pictures.
You might want to ask them over there if no one else knows here.

I don't have a TRX yet/either, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can beforehand. Other than Jimmy, the guys on the TRX forum don't do as many changes with AlfaOBD as the guys on this site. Yeah, that's why I asked Jimmy, because the TRX guy didn't post pics. Trust but verify. 😆

Gizmoram

Reaction score
I just done doing my settings. And all is good except my mirror lights are on with my DRLs now. I don’t mind it too much. I would just rather they not be on. Anyone know if I can set those to not be on with my DRLs?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just done doing my settings. And all is good except my mirror lights are on with my DRLs now. I don’t mind it too much. I would just rather they not be on. Anyone know if I can set those to not be on with my DRLs?
Not if you are doing the amber DRL option

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just messaged him, but you can but not with a Tazer.
The Tazer can force your turn signals on, even wieh your headlights on.

But if you use Alfaobd you can change your DRL to your headlight blinkers only, but when your headlights turn on the amber turns off.
1687185107358.jpeg

Gizmoram

Reaction score
I did the amber DRL option. So my DRLs (front turn signals) are amber for my DRL now which I wanted. But my mirror lights stay on amber as well. And I don’t really like that. I was wondering if that’s the way it’s supposed to be or do I have a way of not having those on?

Gizmoram

Reaction score
That’s not my truck below but that’s what mine looks like now. You can see the mirror lights are on as DRLs

Attachments

• IMG_7419.png
    IMG_7419.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 26

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just messaged him, but you can but not with a Tazer.
The Tazer can force your turn signals on, even wieh your headlights on.

But if you use Alfaobd you can change your DRL to your headlight blinkers only, but when your headlights turn on the amber turns off.
View attachment 161126
This is a thread about the TazerDT amber DRL option. So my answer was specific to that.

Dewey

Reaction score
I did the amber DRL option. So my DRLs (front turn signals) are amber for my DRL now which I wanted. But my mirror lights stay on amber as well. And I don’t really like that. I was wondering if that’s the way it’s supposed to be or do I have a way of not having those on?
Don’t use the latest software update because the mirrors lights were recently added. I have the version before the PIN Lock was added and my DRL’s are the amber turn signals only.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My LED headlights. (Premium Lighting Group)
View attachment 157047

This part turns yellow (turn signal)

View attachment 157052

View attachment 157053

Halo’s only at remote start. (when activated without amber) Unfortunately they dim after turning to run mode. I would prefer these for DRL’s but not option to keep them bright.
View attachment 157050

Obviously there must be different configurations depending what model or lighting group you have. Being the Premium Lighting Group surprised they’re not the same as a Limited.🤔
I wish the accent lights would be bright like they are in that pic. They are my choice for DRL too. Anyone ever figure out how to make them brighter?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the accent lights would be bright like they are in that pic. They are my choice for DRL too. Anyone ever figure out how to make them brighter?
Supposedly there are settings to make the signature lighting DRLs and you can tweak the voltage to make them brighter. I tried once and couldn't get it to work but the hard part is, they will only come on when you have truck in gear, so hard to verify on your own

Users who are viewing this thread