5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Amber DRL Settings Help

UnclJim

Reaction score
There is no upper amber. I believe only TRX has those.

Only the lower amber will be on.
View attachment 157045
Also if I don’t disable the halo’s the amber lights will not turn on even if activated.
The Sons Of B*tches!!!! Lol thanks. Guess I’ll look into getting a custom set done. This truck is turning into a boat ..bust out another thousand…..lol

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Sons Of B*tches!!!! Lol thanks. Guess I’ll look into getting a custom set done. This truck is turning into a boat ..bust out another thousand…..lol
No need to get a custom set. Just upgrade to a TRX😬

67E35562-3B3A-4C09-9D9C-EC2732C72FD3.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
????????????????
What headlights do you have.
I only have Amber lights up top, bottom is white (I disabled them via signature lighting)
I’m interested to see the headlight setup on your Limited. Please post pics.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m interested to see the headlight setup on your Limited. Please post pics.
I know I know I was getting the pictures out

I think there was 3 types of headlights, halogen, part LED (bi-led), and full LED.
Do you have any halogen bulbs in any of your headlight housing by chance?

My top is the blinker, and amber.
The bottom is white and a signature light.
The TRX is the same as my headlights, but both are\can be amber.
Looks just like the above posted picture of a TRX - the bottom Ambers

P_20220415_153526.jpg P_20230213_145218.jpg
P_20230213_145402.jpg

Dewey

Reaction score
I know I know I was getting the pictures out

I think there was 3 types of headlights, halogen, part LED (bi-led), and full LED.
Do you have any halogen bulbs in any of your headlight housing by chance?

My top is the blinker, and amber.
The bottom is white and a signature light.
The TRX is the same as my headlights, but both are\can be amber.
Looks just like the above posted picture of a TRX - the bottom Ambers

View attachment 157056 View attachment 157057
View attachment 157058
Don’t believe there are any halogen bulbs in mine. They claim full LED but a different configuration than yours.

No wonder they have supply change issues. You would think they would have the standard halogen and then one upgraded LED.

I know last year they were giving credit to people who ordered the halogen downgrade. Hope nobody fell for that. Those lights suck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don’t believe there are any halogen bulbs in mine. They claim full LED but a different configuration than yours.

No wonder they have supply change issues. You would think they would have the standard halogen and then one upgraded LED.

I know last year they were giving credit to people who ordered the halogen downgrade. Hope nobody fell for that. Those lights suck.
Looks like the Limited gets the same lights as a TRX if the website is anything to go off of.
Limited, Longhorn, and TRX look the same (TRX has Amber on bottom and top, Limited\Longhorn just have top amber)
Rebel and Laramie look the same.
Bighorn is differnet, unless you get premium lighting, then it matches the Laramie\Rebel.

Dewey

Reaction score
Looks like the Limited gets the same lights as a TRX if the website is anything to go off of.
Limited, Longhorn, and TRX look the same (TRX has Amber on bottom and top, Limited\Longhorn just have top amber)
Bighorn is differnet, unless you get premium lighting, then it matches the Laramie\Rebel.
I’m guessing that’s why threads like this are started. The Tazer settings might be different depending on what lights you have.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m guessing that’s why threads like this are started. The Tazer settings might be different depending on what lights you have.
I don't think so.
The OP's post was saying he couldn't change his DRL to blinkers. Weather they are up top or down below they are still Amber.

Is anyone here having an actual problem that needs assistance? thread is 2 years old

Dewey

Reaction score
I don't think so.
The OP's post was saying he couldn't change his DRL to blinkers. Weather they are up top or down below they are still Amber.

Is anyone here having an actual problem that needs assistance? thread is 2 years old
For that question I think the problem is the halo’s are activated. My yellow lights won’t work for DRL’s if they are. It’s one or the other with the Tazer. At least that’s my experience.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
For that question I think the problem is the halo’s are activated. My yellow lights won’t work for DRL’s if they are. It’s one or the other with the Tazer. At least that’s my experience.
Do you have Alfaobd?

Are you looking for the Amber DRL (turn signals) and also the white brow (signature light) which I think you are referring to as the halos?

Dewey

Reaction score
Do you have Alfaobd?

Are you looking for the Amber DRL (turn signals) and also the white brow (signature light) which I think you are referring to as the halos?
I don’t have Alfalbd.
Nope. I’m good as is with amber turns. Originally wanted both halo’s on bright but not possible. I’m speaking Tazer language when referring to halo’s. That’s their term. Signature lighting is for the highfalutin crowd.🤣

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t have Alfalbd.
Nope. I’m good as is with amber turns. Originally wanted both halo’s on bright but not possible. I’m speaking Tazer language when referring to halo’s. That’s their term. Signature lighting is for the highfalutin crowd.🤣
Signature lighting is what it's called in the BCM on the truck :p
You can have both bars on, but only 1 will be amber. Just not with the Tazer I guess.
I auctally turned off my second one so it would just be 1 amber, thought it was funny with amber and white at the same time

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the Limited and TRX front grills are different and have different headlights all together. Maybe Laramie, but I can't confirm that. Bighorn and Rebel have the same headlights, different from Limited/TRX. And the premium lighting just changes then to the LED version of the Bighorn/Rebel lights.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the Limited and TRX front grills are different and have different headlights all together. Maybe Laramie, but I can't confirm that. Bighorn and Rebel have the same headlights, different from Limited/TRX. And the premium lighting just changes then to the LED version of the Bighorn/Rebel lights.
And it would appear that even the Limited and TRX don’t have the same headlights. I haven’t seen a non-TRX that can have ambers top and bottom.

1682170259332.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What I meant by same is same style/shape. I think they are interchangeable.
I wonder why we haven’t seen anyone with a Limited make the swap to TRX headlights.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
There is a brand new Tazer DT software version. Available this week, it fixes a number of things, and doesn’t kill the Uconnect, adds features like advance PIN MUCH STABLER - I was done with Tazer due tout farthings worse but decided to try again, I’m happy again, especially the power fold mirrors, which was what I wanted when I started

*Must be married and reboot correctly, read instructions or things don’t sync.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder why we haven’t seen anyone with a Limited make the swap to TRX headlights.
I'm not spending $3,000 to swap out my headlights to get double amber LOL. They are the same structure at least from the outside or same thing. Send me a pair and I'll install and send pics and my Limited's lights back.
I just said all of that. I didn't say anything about grills though, this thread is about headlights and what I posted is correct.
Rebels also can't come with halogen bulbs? Not sure why you would say they are the same as Bighorn which are halogen. There are 3 sets of headlights with the trx being the 4th (same as Limited but different led on bottom)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not spending $3,000 to swap out my headlights to get double amber LOL. They are the same structure at least from the outside or same thing. Send me a pair and I'll install and send pics and my Limited's lights back.

I just said all of that. I didn't say anything about grills though, this thread is about headlights and what I posted is correct.
Rebels also can't come with halogen bulbs? Not sure why you would say they are the same as Bighorn which are halogen. There are 3 sets of headlights with the trx being the 4th (same as Limited but different led on bottom)
Is LED standard on Rebels? And I misread and thought you had said the "premium" lighting was the same as Limited. My mistake.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is LED standard on Rebels? And I misread and thought you had said the "premium" lighting was the same as Limited. My mistake.
Looks like LED is standard on everything except Tradesman and Bighorn.
The "premium" package on the Bighorn makes it LED and matches the Laramie and Rebel which both appear to be the same LED housings.
Longhorn, Limited, and TRX have the same physical look of the headlight (with TRX being differnet inside though)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread