5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate light bar

fotomatt1

Reaction score
OK so I spoke with PUTCO today as i was having issues with mine. Wired direct into the tail lights but was having issues with the brake light being lit all the time when the lights were turned on. ANYWAY good news. In about 30 days they are realeasing a BRAND NEW LIGHT BAR for the 2019 5th gen rams that solves all these issues.

This is exciting! Glad I didn’t purchase yet. Hoping this is a complete solution with mounting hardware and connectors so it’s truly plug and play. I’m sure most of us would pay a little more if it’s something we can take out of the box and install easily. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aj30589

Reaction score
Was wondering if Opt7 got back to you on the BLIS system issue? I have a '19 Limited and was looking to install their Triple on mine, but not really interested in hard wiring off the taillights.

Hardwiring is the best way that way you don’t get a delay

Diesel123

Reaction score
This is exciting! Glad I didn’t purchase yet. Hoping this is a complete solution with mounting hardware and connectors so it’s truly plug and play. I’m sure most of us would pay a little more if it’s something we can take out of the box and install easily. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone hear back yet on this new 2019 ram specific putco model they are developing?

V8Spock

Reaction score
Putco now has a product for the 2019+ RAM on it's website. Seems they split the Blade light bar into 18 inch pairs to get around the center bulge of our tailgates.

Not sure if they're going to offer a continuous bar for 2019s but, I personally prefer the direct wiring method on a full length bar myself.

No mention if there is a delay or not. Description mentions Plug and Play so it must still use the trailer plug and therefore have a delay between the light bar and the truck turn signals.

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score
Putco now has a product for the 2019+ RAM on it's website. Seems they split the Blade light bar into 18 inch pairs to get around the center bulge of our tailgates.

Not sure if they're going to offer a continuous bar for 2019s but, I personally prefer the direct wiring method on a full length bar myself.

No mention if there is a delay or not. Description mentions Plug and Play so it must still use the trailer plug and therefore have a delay between the light bar and the truck turn signals.

View attachment 28775

I don't know how I feel about a split LED light bar.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about a split LED light bar.
x2. I also think it's strange that the "split" bar doesn't appear when you search by vehicle, yet it mentions the 2019 Ram 1500 in the listing. I'm not sure they've quite rolled out a proper bar for these trucks yet.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
x2. I also think it's strange that the "split" bar doesn't appear when you search by vehicle, yet it mentions the 2019 Ram 1500 in the listing. I'm not sure they've quite rolled out a proper bar for these trucks yet.
I know why its on the ram.... I have a putco light bar and bottom of the tailgate scrapes against the plastic housing of the lightbar dead center of the tailgate scratching the paint up significantly. Id send pictures but i bought tailgate chrome trim to hide it

zignice

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Opt 7 Triple LED Light Bar?

Any delay? Hard install?

I have the Opt 7 Triple. It works, but you have to mount it in just the right spot.
2e2bc5f319c20676a530ee21df686e2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been mentioned. I read page 1 and then skipped to page 11.

If you are just doing this to get better light out back for when you are backing up, you might want to read this thread:

I just did mine yesterday. Super easy. Took about 20 minutes to prep the wiring, at my workbench, and another 30 minutes or so actually installing it onto my truck.

I took pictures last night, with the new light and with the new light covered up. You can see without the new there is more light coming from the brake lights than the stock backup lights.

They have a matching light that has red LEDs, that you could put at the bottom of your license plate, if you wanted.

LPR light covered:

LPR light uncovered:

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been mentioned. I read page 1 and then skipped to page 11.

If you are just doing this to get better light out back for when you are backing up, you might want to read this thread:

I just did mine yesterday. Super easy. Took about 20 minutes to prep the wiring, at my workbench, and another 30 minutes or so actually installing it onto my truck.

I took pictures last night, with the new light and with the new light covered up. You can see without the new there is more light coming from the brake lights than the stock backup lights.

They have a matching light that has red LEDs, that you could put at the bottom of your license plate, if you wanted.

LPR light covered:
View attachment 30527

LPR light uncovered:
View attachment 30528
WHAT!?!? That's crazy. I have been on the fence with purchasing this accessory for months until now. Thank you StuartV for this post! ... and i'm off to the product page :)

jonnyt

Reaction score
I have had the lightbars on past pickups. I enjoyed the extra light, but a bit concerned about the spacing available to mount. I would like to see the OPT7 lights on if possible

Rick8325

Reaction score
I have had the lightbars on past pickups. I enjoyed the extra light, but a bit concerned about the spacing available to mount. I would like to see the OPT7 lights on if possible
The OPT7 fits and mounts perfectly fine using the spacers described in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread