5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surroundview camera

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi how would I go about contacting the engineering department?
You personally cant. You would have to get with your dealers service manager and see if he can escalate it. They will add sales codes to vehicles if they deem it legit. So by legit I mean if you actually bought parts and did it right. You bought OEM parts so you have to have invoices showing that. The only thing that may complicate it is you doing the install your self. They may shoot it down since they cant say it was installed by a approved installer. Its always no until you try though. You just need to have a service manager or department that is willing to help you and go through it.

The other alternative is what I mentioned, you will have to wait for OBDAlfa to catch up. You will have to get a security bypass harness that Infotainment offers. OBDAlfa may offer 19 ram support soon. Since they are based on the Alfa platform now. I did several things to my 13 with OBD alfa and it is great.

In the meantime though your option is to fight it out with the dealer and FCA. You obviously are determined but this next step will push your determination to its limits.

NehruB

Reaction score
You personally cant. You would have to get with your dealers service manager and see if he can escalate it. They will add sales codes to vehicles if they deem it legit. So by legit I mean if you actually bought parts and did it right. You bought OEM parts so you have to have invoices showing that. The only thing that may complicate it is you doing the install your self. They may shoot it down since they cant say it was installed by a approved installer. Its always no until you try though. You just need to have a service manager or department that is willing to help you and go through it.

The other alternative is what I mentioned, you will have to wait for OBDAlfa to catch up. You will have to get a security bypass harness that Infotainment offers. OBDAlfa may offer 19 ram support soon. Since they are based on the Alfa platform now. I did several things to my 13 with OBD alfa and it is great.

In the meantime though your option is to fight it out with the dealer and FCA. You obviously are determined but this next step will push your determination to its limits.

Thank you sir for your advice. I really appreciate it.

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread, @NehruB, but does anyone happen to know if you just need the front camera, side cameras, and front module then the engineering code entered if you already have the power folding mirrors and rear camera? I've gotten used to using the front park-sense for getting into tight spots but wouldn't be against trying to add the 360 camera.

azzx

Reaction score
You need the wires also. It would be great to have @NehruB post the list of parts / part numbers he had to purchase.
since the truck is so new there are not enough technical info about options packages out there that explains the components for the features.
I have been trying to get information from dealers and FCA and the response is "it cannot be done, buy another truck with the features installed from factory"
It will nice for FCA to create kits for this.
I bet since these features are called "advanced safety package" FCA lawyers do not want DIYs installing them"
There are 3 aftermarket companies out there, but their current packages are for the last gen. I am hoping they will develop packages for the new Ram/12inch Uconnect soon.

Last edited:

NehruB

Reaction score
You need the wires also. It would be great to have @NehruB post the list of parts / part numbers he had to purchase.
since the truck is so new there are not enough technical info about options packages out there that explains the components for the features.
I have been trying to get information from dealers and FCA and the response is "it cannot be done, buy another truck with the features installed from factory"
It will nice for FCA to create kits for this.
I bet since these features are called "advanced safety package" FCA lawyers do not want DIYs installing them"
There are 3 aftermarket companies out there, but their current packages are for the last gen. I am hoping they will develop packages for the new Ram/12inch Uconnect soon.
Not trying to hijack the thread, @NehruB, but does anyone happen to know if you just need the front camera, side cameras, and front module then the engineering code entered if you already have the power folding mirrors and rear camera? I've gotten used to using the front park-sense for getting into tight spots but wouldn't be against trying to add the 360 camera.

Hey guys here is a list of the parts I used. These parts are specific to my trim level. You will need to find a truck like yours with the cameras to get the correct harnesses and grills.
Camera module forward facing 68318033ae-001
Front grill 68404974ac-001
Tailgate handle 6rn821xj aa-001
Headlamp to dash harness 68362412ad-001
Body harness 68363035ad-001
Door mirrors with cameras 0053457261-001
Door modules for power folding mirrors 68319954 ae-001/ 6831995ae-001
Tailgate camera 68144068ad
Driver door switch 68262252-ac
Front wiring from camera to headlight to dash harness 68360407ac
Driver door harness 68360407-ac
Passenger door harness 68361208-ac
Tailgate harness 68379723-ab-001

azzx

Reaction score
Thank you
Who helped you to go through the maze of diff. part numbers?

Last edited:

NehruB

Reaction score
Thank you
Who helped you to go through the maze of diff. part numbers?
I actually did it myself I found through a website called ramparts.com. the issue with the harnesses is that these trucks have so many different configurations that it's just easier to find the Vin of a truck like yours and then order all the parts I listed. It's not an easy job doing the body and headlight to dash harness. Those two are kinda time consuming and you have to have skill level to complete the task but the rest are simple. Also use Mopar wholesale wearhouse to get the parts cheaper. If you need any assistance I can guide you on how to take the truck apart to get this completed.

JamesS

Reaction score
I actually did it myself I found through a website called ramparts.com. the issue with the harnesses is that these trucks have so many different configurations that it's just easier to find the Vin of a truck like yours and then order all the parts I listed. It's not an easy job doing the body and headlight to dash harness. Those two are kinda time consuming and you have to have skill level to complete the task but the rest are simple. Also use Mopar wholesale wearhouse to get the parts cheaper. If you need any assistance I can guide you on how to take the truck apart to get this completed.
Did you get this all working? I have started this project also. I have replaced
Side mirrors/door modules
Front grill.
Camera module
I have rear,left,right, cables
I still need more wires harnesses.
8DA97B87-B714-4D5C-A517-3C603D120A0D.jpeg

azzx

Reaction score
Curious,
Why do you need to buy a new grill? wouldn't the camera bolt to the existing grill?
also, why just not add the cameras to the existing mirrors? it looks like there is an outline that has to be cut out. the mirror cameras are $179 each.
what model is your RAM?
thanks

JamesS

Reaction score
Curious,
Why do you need to buy a new grill? wouldn't the camera bolt to the existing grill?
also, why just not add the cameras to the existing mirrors? it looks like there is an outline that has to be cut out. the mirror cameras are $179 each.
what model is your RAM?
thanks
[/QUOTE
I just bought the parts that my online dealer said I would need. I had the tow mirrors. So I wanted to go back to powerfold mirrors. I didn’t like the bling spot part of the mirrors.
As far as the grill I was told that the front camera and mount was not available as a separate piece. My model is the Laramie longhorn. It has just about all the features. FDC9E050-332E-4EDA-9783-2282BBDB5002.jpeg FDC9E050-332E-4EDA-9783-2282BBDB5002.jpeg

Attachments

• 47F5CE3C-140E-4CFB-8ED2-63A57D0ED0D0.jpeg
    47F5CE3C-140E-4CFB-8ED2-63A57D0ED0D0.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 294

NehruB

Reaction score
Did you get this all working? I have started this project also. I have replaced
Side mirrors/door modules
Front grill.
Camera module
I have rear,left,right, cables
I still need more wires harnesses.
View attachment 19382
How did you get the wires like that for the cameras? I had to change the body harness and the front harness to get them. And no I haven't gotten it programed yet.

JamesS

Reaction score
How did you get the wires like that for the cameras? I had to change the body harness and the front harness to get them. And no I haven't gotten it programed yet.
I have no where to plug that front wire into. I’m guessing I need to change my wire harness also. That wire was in box with front grill. 7D987F77-20D8-4D7B-BC27-1E382E80E88F.png Here is the parts that I have. I don’t think I need to change the tailgate handle cover. So now I have a spare tailgate handle.

JamesS

Reaction score
I have no where to plug that front wire into. I’m guessing I need to change my wire harness also. That wire was in box with front grill. View attachment 19655 Here is the parts that I have. I don’t think I need to change the tailgate handle cover. now I have a spare tailgate handle.
Do you happen to have everything plugged in together? Do you have some pictures of the wiring? I was thinking I could just buy the wire harnesses and just take out the wires I need and run them.

NehruB

Reaction score
Do you happen to have everything plugged in together? Do you have some pictures of the wiring? I was thinking I could just buy the wire harnesses and just take out the wires I need and run them.
Yeah I got it plugged together when I changed out the body harness and the headlight to dash harness. You do need a new tailgate handle because the original handle that comes with the truck is for the park view camera and the new handle is for the surround view Camera. you will also need the camera for the handle.

NehruB

Reaction score

Attachments

• D170B6A2-C647-41B9-BA32-E9A5AB16AD02.jpeg
    D170B6A2-C647-41B9-BA32-E9A5AB16AD02.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 345
  • CD3A6F90-FEBA-441E-8465-779ED59523B9.jpeg
    CD3A6F90-FEBA-441E-8465-779ED59523B9.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 2248283A-A293-40A1-8DE6-8945389ADDD9.jpeg
    2248283A-A293-40A1-8DE6-8945389ADDD9.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 337
  • B7E30849-9FFC-42C9-915D-C0E66D213287.jpeg
    B7E30849-9FFC-42C9-915D-C0E66D213287.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 341
  • 4ADB391D-081C-48CF-AC95-961762AA3E0B.jpeg
    4ADB391D-081C-48CF-AC95-961762AA3E0B.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 351

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no idea these parts existed I purchased all new harnesses for the truck and stripped it completely to change them

Holy moly! You win a prize!
Thanks for posting these photos. Most of us will never see these parts of the trucks.

NehruB

Reaction score
Holy moly! You win a prize!
Thanks for posting these photos. Most of us will never see these parts of the trucks.
No problem I can say one thing this an extremely well built truck.

Users who are viewing this thread