5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercharging the 5.7

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Evaporation: jet fuel will evaporate. When jettisoning, the accepted norm is to be above 5,000 feet to allow it to evaporate before ground contact.

Now, what will it do to a turbo/super-charged hemi? THAT is a question that I cannot answer. ;)
It's doesn't actually evaporate. They vaporize the fuel when jettisoning it and it more or less and it stays as small droplets suspended in the air. They say above 5000' so it has time to disperse in the air prior to reaching the ground so it's not a concentrated amount.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
this is what annoys me about RAM. they should have given us the 6.4l engine option. GM gives the 6.2l and there are plenty of them getting supercharged now with well over 500rwhp without internal motor work.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
You know, Ram does offer a 6.2L supercharged 1500 DT truck.
oh no way! never would have guessed that! let me go pay $40k more than a Laramie costs for a bunch of useless offroad gear, lift and fatter fenders, and heavy wheel/tire setup just to get an engine that should have been an option for other models. OR I can get a supercharger for $10k without all the "bro" fluff and be perfectly happy, happier if larger dispacement engines were optioned...

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mean the 6.2 gm offers is only about 20hp more than our little hemis.

And you have to get a decently optioned out gm truck to get that option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
oh no way! never would have guessed that! let me go pay $40k more than a Laramie costs for a bunch of useless offroad gear, lift and fatter fenders, and heavy wheel/tire setup just to get an engine that should have been an option for other models. OR I can get a supercharger for $10k without all the "bro" fluff and be perfectly happy, happier if larger dispacement engines were optioned...
Ouch.
But you gotta admit, the hood is way cool

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can get the supercharger for $10k for the 5.7, and still not make as much power as the TRX does with factory warranty.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
The TRX is a nice truck but does not satisfy what I want or willing to pay for a vehicle. The GM 6.2 has multiple vendors offering the TVS2300/2650 superchargers among others and are all making well beyond 500rwhp. This is not an attempt to equal the TRX in power, just noting that GM has better offerings in the aftermarket but also made available the 6.2l engine for their trucks (like the Chevy RST model or higher) all at a price point competitive to RAM. Anyways, back to original purpose of thread...............

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll probably just get some headers and cams down the line (if I keep mine past the 3 year/36k mi. mark ). That combined with my Airflow CAI and more open exhaust (and then a tune when everything is done) will get me a pretty juicy +80-90HP or so. Good enough for me for only a few grand total.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will absolutely have to open your engine up and forge to be able to run enough boost to get to 500 rwhp and not risk blowing up your engine…

This is the only thing I’ll miss coming from an ecoboost F150. A tune and an intercooler for less than $1,500 and you’re pushing a very relaxed 450 hp at the wheels. 500 at the wheels is very common.

But it’s a minor quibble, and it’s a truck so after the novelty wore off I realized I value other things a lot more. A slower, better driving, more comfortable truck that sounds the way a truck should is just more satisfying.

Cars and motorcycles are for going fast.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I would agree! F150 is nice but there is no better sound than a V8. I do not like the sound of the F150 ecoboosts.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The ecoboost engines, no matter which displacement they are. Are the worst sounding v6 engines you can buy.

A bunch of my friends have several of them. And some in the sho cars.

Idk how Nissan and others can make a good sounding turbo v6. But ford can’t.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Im only running an unlocked pcm with trinity 2 tuner with a hemifever 93 octane tune i and half gallon of jet fuel. And a borla attack exhaust im doing 12.8 was my best so far on 4high running it on 2wd its a 13.2 1/4 mile im also running stock tires so no grip basically

We see you logged on in the past couple hrs. Let’s see those time slips of you running jet fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread