5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercharging the 5.7

guitarjesus

Reaction score
First post and it's asking about MPG after boosting a truck. LOL That's awesome! Welcome aboard! Being serious though, I have seen/heard of MPGs going up after boost.
I just bought my 2019 Tradesman 1500, I'm coming from a 1997 F350 with a supercharged 460. I only asked because I got the same mileage (although mpg in a 460 truck is horrid) with a Vortech V1 unless I totally put my foot to the floor. Love my truck, but I'm sick of working on it and going from a 1 ton to a 1/2 ton seemed like a no brainer if it can out tow my old rig.

mk7upurz87

Reaction score
PM sent

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Did you ever get an answer? And did you decide on Whipple vs. ProCharger?

I just bought a HEMI eTorque. I am eyeballing this one here from ProCharger:

Looking to better understand what needs to be done with the computer while installing this. Anyone done this themselves? OR that have been explained from a shop what would be required to be done?

Ramrebel22

Reaction score
I have already installed a Whipple on my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, with a custom tune in addition to a few other mods like a Borla exhaust. Why do you need to go for ProCharger?
Hi im new to the group. What did the whipple cost? I have been all over the internet and they all have diffrent prices on the same whipple supercharger. And what are the gains?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer? And did you decide on Whipple vs. ProCharger?

I just bought a HEMI eTorque. I am eyeballing this one here from ProCharger:

Looking to better understand what needs to be done with the computer while installing this. Anyone done this themselves? OR that have been explained from a shop what would be required to be done?
The computer has to be unlocked by Diablo for the procharger kit unless you do the tuner version then you can have it tuned with hptuners or diablo

Ramrebel22

Reaction score
I have already installed a Whipple on my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, with a custom tune in addition to a few other mods like a Borla exhaust. Why do you need to go for ProCharger?
How much was the whipple supercharger kit? And the install?

Ramrebel22

Reaction score
I'm trying to supercharge my 2019 ram rebel i already have the unlocked pcm and trinity 2 tuner with a custom tune from hemifever. It gave me a noticeable diffrence in power but not enough i want more. I'm trying to get to the point where i can run low to mid 12's on the quarter mile. Any suggestions or recommendations on what platform i should go with ?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to supercharge my 2019 ram rebel i already have the unlocked pcm and trinity 2 tuner with a custom tune from hemifever. It gave me a noticeable diffrence in power but not enough i want more. I'm trying to get to the point where i can run low to mid 12's on the quarter mile. Any suggestions or recommendations on what platform i should go with ?

What do you run in the 1/4 now?

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I've just had a Harrop supercharger installed. I like it but it's really quiet, almost no blower whine.
If you drive your truck the same, you should get pretty close to the same gas mileage you were getting before installing one.

Ramrebel22

Reaction score
What do you run in the 1/4 now?
Im only running an unlocked pcm with trinity 2 tuner with a hemifever 93 octane tune i and half gallon of jet fuel. And a borla attack exhaust im doing 12.8 was my best so far on 4high running it on 2wd its a 13.2 1/4 mile im also running stock tires so no grip basically

Ramrebel22

Reaction score
I've just had a Harrop supercharger installed. I like it but it's really quiet, almost no blower whine.
If you drive your truck the same, you should get pretty close to the same gas mileage you were getting before installing one.
What did the kit cost? And try a bigger pulley it will increase the hp and tq along with the amount of whine the more boost the higher the supercharger whime also run and intake if you are using the stock intake coversion.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
If you click on his link you will see the price
Tom

IndianaRam

Reaction score
That price isn't in US dollars. Cost here is $8,900.00. I already installed a smaller pulley on it since I have a built motor.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What did the kit cost? And try a bigger pulley it will increase the hp and tq along with the amount of whine the more boost the higher the supercharger whime also run and intake if you are using the stock intake coversion.
You use a smaller pulley in the blower for more boost

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im only running an unlocked pcm with trinity 2 tuner with a hemifever 93 octane tune i and half gallon of jet fuel. And a borla attack exhaust im doing 12.8 was my best so far on 4high running it on 2wd its a 13.2 1/4 mile im also running stock tires so no grip basically
What's the point of adding 1/2 gallon of jet fuel? And when you say jet fuel, do you mean like JP-8?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been curious to the ones which are running Whipple/Procharger/etc on stock-ish (not stroked) 5.7 hemi - what are the 0-60 times & what are the 1/4 mile times you are getting?

Reason I asked is because usually you can run more boost based on stock compression compared to a stroked motor, which usually results in less money spent & if/when the supercharger fails you can simply remove it & have a dependable stock engine to still get around on. “Typically” but not always as each build is different, I know. I put a ton of miles on my truck in short amount of times though (14K since April 8th 2022), so my situation is a little different than most.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been curious to the ones which are running Whipple/Procharger/etc on stock-ish (not stroked) 5.7 hemi - what are the 0-60 times & what are the 1/4 mile times you are getting?

Reason I asked is because usually you can run more boost based on stock compression compared to a stroked motor, which usually results in less money spent & if/when the supercharger fails you can simply remove it & have a dependable stock engine to still get around on. “Typically” but not always as each build is different, I know. I put a ton of miles on my truck in short amount of times though (14K since April 8th 2022), so my situation is a little different than most.
Boost levels depend on how the engine is built and compression ratio. When building a stroker, you can set the compression to whatever you want . If you are planning on booster you use a lower compression ratio, which allows you to run higher boost more safely. Simply being a stroker motor doesn't mean high compression

Users who are viewing this thread