5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subwoofer swap

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where can I get a subwoofer box, to put a 10” Kicker Comp R sub? I can’t find any after market box’s that will fit perfectly under my back seat. I looked everywhere online that I can think of..... I have a Big Horn - Crew Cab
Foxacoustics.com has a few.

marsh14

Reaction score
foxacoustics boxes sound great and they have a big ram embossed in the front.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
the alpine is a triple 2 ohm voice coil and i believe the hk sub is a single 2 ohm voice coil.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the alpine is a triple 2 ohm voice coil and i believe the hk sub is a single 2 ohm voice coil.
That Alpine is going to be tough to replace. Nobody makes those. Will have to go with a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub and lose a channel.

revolutionz

Reaction score
Anyone measured the mounting depth of the HK sub to look for a replacement? Might be able to find one with a bit better control and a higher sensitivity to get a bit more out of it.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing that happened on my panels.

Right below the arm rest where the plastic meets the leather rest is where the lower portion of the plastic panel is joined to the upper, they use a plastic melt rivet to joint them together and its brittle and will tear loose. Try popping the pins that hold the upper panel first otherwise there is good chance the 2 panels will separate, 3 of mine split right there I just put them back together with 2 part epoxy
Good point to bring up!!! One thing i wasn't ready for is how intricate of a process removing front door trim is. Anyone reading this post do yourself a favor and download the attached pdf file below. (you'll be glad you did, I know i was)

Attachments

• Front Door - Door Trim Panel - Removal and Installation.pdf
    875.7 KB · Views: 55

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed the polarity on everything except today the front left dash. Everything else was the wrong way. Still have to change out my front doors. Everything sounded better once it was all in the correct phase.
**Polarity Phase for the Front and rear door speakers are reversed. the pdf attached below shows the wiring blueprint for stock amp

Attachments

• RAM ALPINE WIRE DIAGRAM.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 86

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems they don’t make the 302’s anymore? Also, crutchfield says they don’t fit? Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They fit, you'll have to trim the edge of the tab if you want it to fit perfect, but even without that they will still drop in the hole. Order them elsewhere, you just won't get the free metra harnesses. You will have to order those seperate. Ebay and Amazon have plenty of the GX302s.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
They fit, you'll have to trim the edge of the tab if you want it to fit perfect, but even without that they will still drop in the hole. Order them elsewhere, you just won't get the free metra harnesses. You will have to order those seperate. Ebay and Amazon have plenty of the GX302s.

Anybody know if the replacement JBL Club 3020’s fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
**Polarity Phase for the Front and rear door speakers are reversed. the pdf attached below shows the wiring blueprint for stock amp
thats awesome . do you know where I could find the same diagram for the hk sub ?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thats awesome . do you know where I could find the same diagram for the hk sub ?
You won't find anything like that for the HK. I made that diagram for the alpine system after tracing all the wires and verifying polarities. Both of mvaldezs
You won't find anything quite like what he posted. I made that schematic for the alpine after tracing all the wiring and verifying polarity. It's the factory schematic that I edited. There is a schematic for the HK system floating around but no one has verified if its correct to my knowledge

chrisboy68

Reaction score
You won't find anything like that for the HK. I made that diagram for the alpine system after tracing all the wires and verifying polarities. Both of mvaldezs
You won't find anything quite like what he posted. I made that schematic for the alpine after tracing all the wiring and verifying polarity. It's the factory schematic that I edited. There is a schematic for the HK system floating around but no one has verified if its correct to my knowledge

Hi, I just replaced my rear doors with JBL GX963s and used the harness that came from Crutchfield. Are you saying the polarity is reversed from using the harness + & -?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good point to bring up!!! One thing i wasn't ready for is how intricate of a process removing front door trim is. Anyone reading this post do yourself a favor and download the attached pdf file below. (you'll be glad you did, I know i was)
Yes Do Do this! Such A Painstaking process!

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
Are the HK speakers 2 ohm or 4 ohm? This is a very important question that I feel most of us need answered that have this system installed on our trucks. For the system to run right for the specific ohm speakers we choose, this is a must know, please advice. I have a order on hold and am going with either 4 ohm or 2 ohm with the info provided.

Users who are viewing this thread