5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subwoofer swap

reyna12682

Reaction score
has anyone done a subwoofer swap on an alpine system? i know the old ones were swapped with pioneer but i was curious about the new ones.

Bry442k5

Reaction score
I haven't swaped the subwoofer but interested in what is compatible with the stock sub.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a look at the RockfordFosgate 100 watt mini's... You install them next to your speakers (i.e. in the doors) and install the speakers into them.... Then you don't have to run new cables to your speakers. https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pm100x1k/
This looks like a pretty sweet option to swap out the door speakers with a better set of components. I feel like the highs are lacking on the factory Alpine system.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you need better highs do the jbl gx302 in the dash.
Lol just did it this past weekend, definitely what the alpine needed. Crutchfield had them on sale so o picked up 2 pairs with adapters for 79 dollars shipped . Have you considered doing the 2 in the head liner in the back ?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol just did it this past weekend, definitely what the alpine needed.
Helps the HK system also

Have you considered doing the 2 in the head liner in the back ?
I would contemplate upgrading these, if I knew they would be as easy to swap as the dash speakers. Don’t want to screw up the headliner trying to remove the grill covers.

cruz1996

Reaction score
I want to replace them I just don’t know the size if they’re a 3.5 or not

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are identical to the dash speakers on both the alpine and hk systems, my concern is they would be too much for rear passengers because of their location.

cruz1996

Reaction score
They are identical to the dash speakers on both the alpine and hk systems, my concern is they would be too much for rear passengers because of their location.
I read somewhere people saying it was a 2.5” speaker instead of 3.5. They won’t be to much it’ll def make it sound much better back there.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Helps the HK system also

I would contemplate upgrading these, if I knew they would be as easy to swap as the dash speakers. Don’t want to screw up the headliner trying to remove the grill covers.
I would havent thought there would be a large difference on the HK, since those speakers have an actual tweeter, the 3.5 in the alpine is just a mid driver. Crap for anything above 4k. CD technologies makes 2 ohm 6x9s might look into some of those for the doors next

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read somewhere people saying it was a 2.5” speaker instead of 3.5. They won’t be to much it’ll def make it sound much better back there.
I think page 4 of the attached document breaks down the 3 systems into more details

Attachments

• 2019_Ram_1500_-_Uconnect.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 186

cruz1996

Reaction score
I think page 4 of the attached document breaks down the 3 systems into more details
Awesome. I’ll replace them then. Guess I’ll order another set of jbl gx302 and throw them in. The alpine in my personal opinion is a lot better than HK I work at a dodge dealership and hear both of the systems and the alpine sounds so much better

Hackmunch

Reaction score
The stock alpine sub is a triple coil design. Very rare. Gonna make it hard to swap

Hackmunch

Reaction score
Triple voice coil, 2 ohm coils shallow mount, Everyone makes one of those, lol.
I know right lol. I'm gonna do a single 10" dvc 2 ohm sub under seat on factory amp. Sick of listening to back window rattling.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know right lol. I'm gonna do a single 10" dvc 2 ohm sub under seat on factory amp. Sick of listening to back window rattling.
Probably going to have to add a load resistor on the unused channel so the amp at least thinks its connected otherwise it will probably shut down all three channels thinking there's a problem with the subwoofer, because there is a problem...its gone.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
Probably going to have to add a load resistor on the unused channel so the amp at least thinks its connected otherwise it will probably shut down all three channels thinking there's a problem with the subwoofer, because there is a problem...its gone.
Yes i figuired that. I'm wondering how much power that amp really makes per channel. I might be able to fit 3- 6.5 or 8" subs under there too :)

revolutionz

Reaction score
So the factory amp uses a single channel per voice coil? That seems odd

Users who are viewing this thread