5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub install

shenana

Reaction score
I know I'm kind of late, but does bypassing the ANC module cancel the vehicles ANC system? or does the ANC still work ?

Quint

Reaction score
I can't say that I noticed any difference not having the ANC active, but I notice having my sub!

cablejack

Reaction score

Ryon_Honea

Reaction score
I know im really really late, i was wondering if someone could help me with a list of everything i need. I dont know how to work on a truck but i have friends lol. I just need help with a list of **** i need so i can buy everything. I never bought subs before im new at all this. I have a 2021 dodge ram 1500 big horn level 2 package. if anyone can reach out that would be awesome. [email protected] or 810-394-9989 thank you !!!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys… where or what color wire did you tap for power? Or did everyone run to the battery?
Power for what exactly? If it’s an amp, then yes, the battery or the post on the engine bay fuse block that the battery cable terminates at.

Quint

Reaction score
Yup, run a dedicated wire that is made for amps. My amp is mounted under the drivers seat with the wire running under the plastic sill plate. It then goes through the firewall directly to the battery (with an inline fuse).

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, run a dedicated wire that is made for amps. My amp is mounted under the drivers seat with the wire running under the plastic sill plate. It then goes through the firewall directly to the battery (with an inline fuse).

Attachments

• 100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 89

TechGoku

Reaction score
I have the same set up and just installed the subwoofer harness with ANC bypass from Net Audio and was able to add subs with no issues.

I am installing a sub and planning to use the high level inputs. what wire did you tap off of? did you use a single speaker signal wire to left and right on the amp?

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
I am installing a sub and planning to use the high level inputs. what wire did you tap off of? did you use a single speaker signal wire to left and right on the amp?
I’m assuming you are buying the bypass. If so, you could cut the speaker wires running to the PAC and use those for high level input. I ended up disconnecting the PAC all together and running all of the speaker wires from the harness to an LC7i. From that point I ran one amp for subs and another for 6x9’s. If you are looking to tap factory wires without bypass I believe…

Grey/Black = Right -
Grey = Right +
White/Black = Left -
White = Left +

Users who are viewing this thread