5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange moaning sound

Klaugh95

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 2019 ram big horn, and sporadically it has a moaning noise or like a vibration coming from the cab somewhere. It’s very strange and has begun to happen more frequent with no warning. Took it too the dealer and they of course had no time to ride with me, and as soon as I left it did it in the parking lot. Happens at low and highway speeds. I love this truck but this is honestly unacceptable. As soon as I turn it off and restart, it doesn’t do it.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Hey guys,
I have a 2019 ram big horn, and sporadically it has a moaning noise or like a vibration coming from the cab somewhere. It’s very strange and has begun to happen more frequent with no warning. Took it too the dealer and they of course had no time to ride with me, and as soon as I left it did it in the parking lot. Happens at low and highway speeds. I love this truck but this is honestly unacceptable. As soon as I turn it off and restart, it doesn’t do it.
It could be the ANC system.

The next time it happens, quickly roll down a window. If the noise disappears, its likely a glitch in the noise cancelling.

csm41

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It sounds like it could be your Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system. I want to say that there are two TSB's on it depending on the source of the problem. I had the same thing happen to me and the noise only occurred intermittently and just drove me nuts. Took it to my dealer who couldn't do anything until they heard it. They told me to bring it straight in without appointment when it acted up. I was able to get it there and thank God I left the truck running. The tech and the service manager heard it and made an appt to bring it in. It was funny that as soon as they heard the problem, they shut the truck off. When I left the dealership that day the moaning sound was gone again. That said, it is probably either the ANC Module or the amp under the drivers seat. One way to determine if it is the ANC or not is to lower your windows and see if the noise stops. To note, the dealership ended up replacing both the ANC Module and the amp on mine to finally get it to stop (it took 2 trips to get it sorted out) You could also bypass the ANC altogether with a simple $10 harness that is click in with no cutting of wires.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My truck often has a moaning sound... Comes from the back seat... Usually on a Friday or Saturday night...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Actually you are hearing me as I think about missing last Junes deals...

Repsol69

Reaction score
It sounds like it could be your Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system. I want to say that there are two TSB's on it depending on the source of the problem. I had the same thing happen to me and the noise only occurred intermittently and just drove me nuts. Took it to my dealer who couldn't do anything until they heard it. They told me to bring it straight in without appointment when it acted up. I was able to get it there and thank God I left the truck running. The tech and the service manager heard it and made an appt to bring it in. It was funny that as soon as they heard the problem, they shut the truck off. When I left the dealership that day the moaning sound was gone again. That said, it is probably either the ANC Module or the amp under the drivers seat. One way to determine if it is the ANC or not is to lower your windows and see if the noise stops. To note, the dealership ended up replacing both the ANC Module and the amp on mine to finally get it to stop (it took 2 trips to get it sorted out) You could also bypass the ANC altogether with a simple $10 harness that is click in with no cutting of wires.
Where can i get this harness??? I may try this..thx

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hi Klaugh95,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you plan to continue working with your dealer on this, please follow up with us via PM. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for the process. Our team is a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Crystal

Reaction score
Where can i get this harness??? I may try this..thx
I had this happen with my 2019 Dodge Ram bighorn quad cab and I took it in and it needed a bunch of work to it but I told them about the noise and they reset the noise program and I haven’t heard the noise since.

Users who are viewing this thread