5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Speaker Help

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Crutch field says the Infinity 3032cfx won't fit center dash in the Alpine. Is there clearance issue?

I don’t have the alpine setup I just have the base but I can’t imagine that the dash is configured any differently. Even if there were a slight fitment issue it would almost certainly be because of tabs, which could be trimmed and not depth. Anyway I’m willing to bet a case of beer that those infinity’s drop right in.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone with the 19 speaker HK/Harman Kardon system swapped any of the 3.5's out in the dash or roof? Are the upper front door also 3.5, or are they just tweeters? Trying to get some clearer sounding audio... doesn't sound like replacing the door woofers is a great idea due to lack of power on the stock amp (I've added a Rockford Fosgate P300-8P powered enclosed sub under the rear seats, but it hasn't gone so swimmingly), plus I'd like to keep the ANC alive if possible.

From the limited amount of testing I've done, it seems like there's a huge peak around 70 Hz from the stock HK amp... makes some songs sound like total crap.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone with the 19 speaker HK/Harman Kardon system swapped any of the 3.5's out in the dash or roof? Are the upper front door also 3.5, or are they just tweeters? Trying to get some clearer sounding audio... doesn't sound like replacing the door woofers is a great idea due to lack of power on the stock amp (I've added a Rockford Fosgate P300-8P powered enclosed sub under the rear seats, but it hasn't gone so swimmingly), plus I'd like to keep the ANC alive if possible.

From the limited amount of testing I've done, it seems like there's a huge peak around 70 Hz from the stock HK amp... makes some songs sound like total crap.

It’s a long thread but should have all the info you seek and more.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s under the speaker grill if you don’t have the alpine. Or why is there still a speaker grill there?
I don’t have the alpine, I have the HK, there is a center speaker mounted . Not sure what is under the grill if you have the base system.

The dash is made for very model, just trimmed for each configuration, therefore, the grill is there to hide the speaker hole.

I guess......

Users who are viewing this thread