5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stiffer Springs

wiendog

Reaction score
I just recently had my Ram dealer install a Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2019 Ram 1500 Quad cab Laramie 4x4.Now on sharper turns at higher speeds when the truck leans the ESC traction control engages and brakes and slows the truck.The Ram techs can not figure it out.Have changed speed sensors ,steering angle sensor ,Yaw sensor still the same.I suspect the truck leans too much and the ESC engages.So my question is does any one know if the springs from possibly another model,Crew Cab,Rebel,ORP springs might be stiffer.I can not seem to get that info from Ram ???? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now sure about the springs but you should look into getting a Hellwig rear swaybar. That will stiffen you up in the corners. Plants the truck much better. One of the best mods.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just recently had my Ram dealer install a Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2019 Ram 1500 Quad cab Laramie 4x4.Now on sharper turns at higher speeds when the truck leans the ESC traction control engages and brakes and slows the truck.The Ram techs can not figure it out.Have changed speed sensors ,steering angle sensor ,Yaw sensor still the same.I suspect the truck leans too much and the ESC engages.So my question is does any one know if the springs from possibly another model,Crew Cab,Rebel,ORP springs might be stiffer.I can not seem to get that info from Ram ???? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
@wiendog, did you ever get your issue resolved with the ESC engaging on sharp turns? I recently had the 2"Mopar lift installed and I am having the same exact issue.

wiendog

Reaction score
FCA finally just said that the Mopar kit was not designed for a my truck which is a Quad Cab 6'4" bed.They gave up and removed it.I now have a Ready lift 2 inch lift with their UCA and 2 inch spacer in the back. It is Ok no ESC issues anymore but I do not really like it. I am waiting for Fox and or King to open back up due to virus here in CA and am thinking of new coil overs for the front and new shocks for the back with the same spacers.I really am looking for about a 2 inch better lift than the front spacer on stock strut. I have heard of another guy that removed 1 of the front spacer rings on his Mopar and it stopped his esc issues. I really wished I had tried putting ORP springs in the front as a last trial before removing because they are definitely stiffer because I always felt my truck was leaning too much into turns and triggering the ESC and you could remove 1 spacer ring and still have the same lift because the spring is about an inch longer,but it was more good money into bad at that point and they refunded my money for the lift so I started again.Try to have your dealer keep dealing with it .They worked on mine for months before they gave up.I was very disappointed because other than the ESC issues I really like how the truck felt way better than it does now..Let me know how it works out or if you have anymore I can help you with.I know what a nigtmare it is.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA finally just said that the Mopar kit was not designed for a my truck which is a Quad Cab 6'4" bed.They gave up and removed it.I now have a Ready lift 2 inch lift with their UCA and 2 inch spacer in the back. It is Ok no ESC issues anymore but I do not really like it. I am waiting for Fox and or King to open back up due to virus here in CA and am thinking of new coil overs for the front and new shocks for the back with the same spacers.I really am looking for about a 2 inch better lift than the front spacer on stock strut. I have heard of another guy that removed 1 of the front spacer rings on his Mopar and it stopped his esc issues. I really wished I had tried putting ORP springs in the front as a last trial before removing because they are definitely stiffer because I always felt my truck was leaning too much into turns and triggering the ESC and you could remove 1 spacer ring and still have the same lift because the spring is about an inch longer,but it was more good money into bad at that point and they refunded my money for the lift so I started again.Try to have your dealer keep dealing with it .They worked on mine for months before they gave up.I was very disappointed because other than the ESC issues I really like how the truck felt way better than it does now..Let me know how it works out or if you have anymore I can help you with.I know what a nigtmare it is.
Thanks for the feedback. The quad cab 6'4 bed vs crew cab 5'7 bed thing has to be bogus as I have a crew cab 5'7 bed and having the same issue lol. I have the Mopar lift with the ORP springs in the front with 35x11.5 tires and I get an ESC light in the corners over 35 mph. I am currently waiting for my rear hellwig sway bar to arrive to see if that helps. I have not seen any other threads on here about this issue. Sucks that you had to remove your lift bc I love it otherwise.

wiendog

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The quad cab 6'4 bed vs crew cab 5'7 bed thing has to be bogus as I have a crew cab 5'7 bed and having the same issue lol. I have the Mopar lift with the ORP springs in the front with 35x11.5 tires and I get an ESC light in the corners over 35 mph. I am currently waiting for my rear hellwig sway bar to arrive to see if that helps. I have not seen any other threads on here about this issue. Sucks that you had to remove your lift bc I love it otherwise.
I put the hellwig sway bar and it didn’t help with the ESC issues my truck feels better but it didn’t get rid of that ESC mine wasn’t the light going on only it was actually putting the brakes on every time I leaned into a turn

wiendog

Reaction score
I wonder if it’s the front shocks that are too soft because you already have the off-road package springs in the front and I was thinking if I added them to my truck it might’ve helped but obviously that’s not the issue either

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s the front shocks that are too soft because you already have the off-road package springs in the front and I was thinking if I added them to my truck it might’ve helped but obviously that’s not the issue either
It doesn't seem like a very common problem as many people run the Mopar 2" without issue. Did you happen to get the hellwig sway bar for a 2" lift with the beefier adjustable end links? This is issue is really annoying and I don't want to remove my lift.

Clyde

Reaction score
Hmm, now you guys have me concerned... my truck goes to the shop today to add ORP springs to my Mopar lift (front springs only).

I’ve had no issues with my lift on my Crew Cab - 6’4” bed (approx 3000 miles since installing).

Jeffjad - How sharp of a turn are you taking @ 35 mph... are we talking windy roads?

Weindog - was this around all corners? Example 90 corners... and certain speed?

I ask because I’m thinking I want to make sure I rule out the possibility of this occurring on my truck before I drop it off this a.m., this way if it happens after - I know it is the addition of the ORP springs to the equation. I’ve really babied my truck, can’t say I’ve really railed any corners up to this point...

Sucks you guys have and are going through this, hope you get it fixed.

Clyde

Reaction score
Found another thread with guys having the same issue:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, now you guys have me concerned... my truck goes to the shop today to add ORP springs to my Mopar lift (front springs only).

I’ve had no issues with my lift on my Crew Cab - 6’4” bed (approx 3000 miles since installing).

Jeffjad - How sharp of a turn are you taking @ 35 mph... are we talking windy roads?

Weindog - was this around all corners? Example 90 corners... and certain speed?

I ask because I’m thinking I want to make sure I rule out the possibility of this occurring on my truck before I drop it off this a.m., this way if it happens after - I know it is the addition of the ORP springs to the equation. I’ve really babied my truck, can’t say I’ve really railed any corners up to this point...

Sucks you guys have and are going through this, hope you get it fixed.
Oh yeah totally forgot you you were adding the ORP springs today Clyde.
So I only had it happen like once or twice in the first month of having the lift installed and I just chalked it up to the fact that maybe I was just taking the corner a little to fast ha. However yesterday I was on some unfamiliar roads that are pretty curvey and my ESC was coming on in sharper corners and I wasn't taking them any faster than I normally would. I read somewhere else that you ESC won't even activate unless you are going a certain speed ( maybe 39?) so that makes sense as to why it doesn't always come on.
I do have a hellwig sway bar (p/n 7883) coming soon to see if that helps. I plan to install the beefier end links and put it on the stiffest setting.
Clyde thanks for posting that other link about this issue. I will also post in the other thread that you did. Keep me posted on what you decide to do and what your findings are.

wiendog

Reaction score
The ESC went off on higher speed turns usually above 40 or 50 mph windy roads PCH in CA especially down hill turns for sure it seemed to me as the weight of the truck seemed to lean into turns the front brakes and ESC on the leaned into side engaged.It was a night mare. Even Highway on ramps when I was trying to speed up it was braking. As far as the Hellwig I have just reused the stock links with no issue the bar still remains pretty parrallel even with the 2 inch lift.

Ram1992

Reaction score
@wiendog, did you ever get your issue resolved with the ESC engaging on sharp turns? I recently had the 2"Mopar lift installed and I am having the same exact issue.

Well dang,I am scheduled to have the spacer installed to my mopar kit tomorrow.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If only there was a way to turn it off/disable it or program it to come on only at a higher speeds. I enjoy my lift too much to remove it so I am going to explore other fixes if the hellwig sway bar doesn't fix it.

Clyde

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I’m going to take the back way to the dealer ship, it consist of some of the curving roads around for about 20 miles. I grew up on these roads and know them well, so I’ll put my truck to the test (in a safe, responsible & legal manner ;) ) if it is going to happen, it will happen then. At least that way I know my truck is good w/out the addition of the ORP springs. If it occurs after, I guess I’ll just remove the springs.

Last edited:

Clyde

Reaction score
This whole scenario you guys are dealing with baffles me however, it’s hard not to blame the Mopar lift given your experience Weindog, that said - it just seems like something is amiss.

Glad you got it fixed, sounds highly frustrating!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This whole scenario you guys are dealing with baffles me however, it’s hard not to blame the Mopar lift given your experience Weindog, that said - it just seems like something is amiss.

Glad you got it fixed, sounds highly frustrating!
I agree, I don't understand why it's just the Mopar lift. Might be a silly question but is it possible to adjust the compression rate on the fox shocks?

Users who are viewing this thread