5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stiffer Springs

Clyde

Reaction score
Spacer and UCA are installed. I can tell the Difference in suspension prior to the extra spacer. Picture of the BJ are attached.

I’m at 25-3/8” passenger side and 25” driver side.
I’m at full tank of fuel.
I m happy with the setup definitely recommend it.
Nice, glad to hear all went well.

Clyde

Reaction score
Jeffjad, have you figured anything out on your truck.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jeffjad, have you figured anything out on your truck.
No nothing yet . I have reached out in a couple other threads on here regarding the issue but no feedback yet. I am hoping maybe the new sway bar and UCAs will resolve the issue. If those don't work then I will try to find someone local to recalibrate my speedo. If after all that and still no fix then I'm stumped. I will certainly keep you all updated as I install each. Shipping is a little slow these days.

Clyde

Reaction score
No nothing yet . I have reached out in a couple other threads on here regarding the issue but no feedback yet. I am hoping maybe the new sway bar and UCAs will resolve the issue. If those don't work then I will try to find someone local to recalibrate my speedo. If after all that and still no fix then I'm stumped. I will certainly keep you all updated as I install each. Shipping is a little slow these days.
Jeffjad,
Came across this...https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/throttle-issues-when-turning.17361/
Sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jeffjad,
Came across this...https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/throttle-issues-when-turning.17361/
Sounds similar to what you are experiencing.
Thanks for that link! I may have to try this speedo recalibration sooner than later. I am having a hard time finding someone around here that can do it and I don't really feel like buying one to use once.

Clyde

Reaction score
Thanks for that link! I may have to try this speedo recalibration sooner than later. I am having a hard time finding someone around here that can do it and I don't really feel like buying one to use once.
Hope that does the trick, I was lucky in that my dealership recalibrated my speedo.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spacer and UCA are installed. I can tell the Difference in suspension prior to the extra spacer. Picture of the BJ are attached.

I’m at 25-3/8” passenger side and 25” driver side.
I’m at full tank of fuel.
I m happy with the setup definitely recommend it.
@Ram1992 how are you liking the RC UCAs? Did you get some driving in after install? Mine are getting delivered today and I will install this week.

Ram1992

Reaction score
@Ram1992 how are you liking the RC UCAs? Did you get some driving in after install? Mine are getting delivered today and I will install this week.

I like them no issues with them so far, I drove the truck couple times this weekend and the ride is smooth on flat concrete but once I hit back roads I can defiantly feel the road.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like them no issues with them so far, I drove the truck couple times this weekend and the ride is smooth on flat concrete but once I hit back roads I can defiantly feel the road.
Cool thanks. I guess that's our trade-off for wanting our trucks to look bad a**......we lose that factory smooth ride. Did you end up putting some grease in the ball joint boot? I was told by RC that they come pre-greased but I will still check them.

Ram1992

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I guess that's our trade-off for wanting our trucks to look bad a**......we lose that factory smooth ride. Did you end up putting some grease in the ball joint boot? I was told by RC that they come pre-greased but I will still check them.

Exactly, The wife said she didn't mind the rougher ride. It still rides smoother than her Jeep :LOL:. Yeah I added 5 pumps . I think I added a bit much though. If I could do it again I would have done 2-3 pumps instead just enough for the boot to expand.

Attachments

• IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 18

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly, The wife said she didn't mind the rougher ride. It still rides smoother than her Jeep :LOL:. Yeah I added 5 pumps . I think I added a bit much though. If I could do it again I would have done 2-3 pumps instead just enough for the boot to expand.
Lol, some of those Jeeps can rattle your teeth. Thanks for all the helpful info (y)

RAMfan123

Reaction score
The ESC went off on higher speed turns usually above 40 or 50 mph windy roads PCH in CA especially down hill turns for sure it seemed to me as the weight of the truck seemed to lean into turns the front brakes and ESC on the leaned into side engaged.It was a night mare. Even Highway on ramps when I was trying to speed up it was braking. As far as the Hellwig I have just reused the stock links with no issue the bar still remains pretty parrallel even with the 2 inch lift.

Did you get this issue resolved? I have a truck doing the same thing with either the traction control or the abs engaging in corners. I get a brake pedal pulsation and a jerk in the steering wheel.
I got a 3.5 inch Lift kit, 35x12.5R20 AM wheels and tires on and added the Hellwig stabilizer bar hoping it would help but it didn't.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get this issue resolved? I have a truck doing the same thing with either the traction control or the abs engaging in corners. I get a brake pedal pulsation and a jerk in the steering wheel.
I got a 3.5 inch Lift kit, 35x12.5R20 AM wheels and tires on and added the Hellwig stabilizer bar hoping it would help but it didn't.
So I gained 3.5" lift with my setup as well and having a similar issue. I have been trying a few things myself hellwig sway bar, and I recently went from Mopar UCAs to RC UCAs and it seems to handle better. I haven't had the chance to hit the windy road where i know it happens but I will report back once I do. What UCAs are you running? I'm not saying this is the issue but I am trying the process of elimination.

RAMfan123

Reaction score
So I gained 3.5" lift with my setup as well and having a similar issue. I have been trying a few things myself hellwig sway bar, and I recently went from Mopar UCAs to RC UCAs and it seems to handle better. I haven't had the chance to hit the windy road where i know it happens but I will report back once I do. What UCAs are you running? I'm not saying this is the issue but I am trying the process of elimination.
I'm running the UCA's that came in the Ready Lift 3.5 kit.

RAMfan123

Reaction score
Is your abs cable connected to the UCA? If it is maybe try disconnecting it and leaving slack so it doesn't stretch.
No it's ziptied to the front brake hose. Shouldn't be strecthing, also no codes stored related ABS/traction/Stability.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it's ziptied to the front brake hose. Shouldn't be strecthing, also no codes stored related ABS/traction/Stability.
Gotcha.....I don't get any codes either, my traction control light just flashes when it's actually engaging the brakes then goes off. It is frustrating, will keep you posted if I figure anything out.

RAMfan123

Reaction score
Gotcha.....I don't get any codes either, my traction control light just flashes when it's actually engaging the brakes then goes off. It is frustrating, will keep you posted if I figure anything out.
No flash on mine. So I'm working closely with the dealership trying to figure this out. I've been in contact with several major lift kit companies and of course they all state they have never seen it or heard of it. This one happens when going cornering aggressivly and the dealership I'm working with has took 3 separate trucks out all with different size lift kits and they can get it to do it with all 3, again driving aggressive into corners. We started a case with the manufactuer on a truck that has a Mopar 2" kit to see if any engineers have any info.

Users who are viewing this thread