5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Wheel gets "Sticky"

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares - Does the steering rack, assuming it is the culprit and to be replaced, fall under the factory warranty period? My truck is a 2019 with 32,000 miles on it, so it should be within factory warranty.
Hi,
As the social engagement team, we rely on the knowledge of our dealer network in order to address any technical concerns or questions. An inspection by a trained technician is required to determine if something is going to be covered under the applicable warranty. We recommend reaching out to your local dealer for additional assistance.

Rob
Ram Cares

brewdad

Reaction score
Regarding the base 3 year/36.000 mile warranty, dealerships can request a 'goodwill' authorization from Stellantis to repair a vehicle up to one year or 12,000 miles beyond the base warranty and/or powertrain warranty, unless this policy has changed since I last worked at a CDJR store in 2011.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Hi,
As the social engagement team, we rely on the knowledge of our dealer network in order to address any technical concerns or questions. An inspection by a trained technician is required to determine if something is going to be covered under the applicable warranty. We recommend reaching out to your local dealer for additional assistance.

Rob
Ram Cares
Hi Rob / @RamCares

The dealership did say I'm out of factory warranty on my 2019. However, they also diagnosed and confirmed that the issue is the steering rack that needs to be replaced and quoted me $4,200. This steering rack issue seems to be more common than it should be as they are also on backorder. How do we look into opening a case with RAM to help me with this issue which is obviously a factory defect since 2019. Thank you!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Rob / @RamCares

The dealership did say I'm out of factory warranty on my 2019. However, they also diagnosed and confirmed that the issue is the steering rack that needs to be replaced and quoted me $4,200. This steering rack issue seems to be more common than it should be as they are also on backorder. How do we look into opening a case with RAM to help me with this issue which is obviously a factory defect since 2019. Thank you!
Hi,
We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Ram Cares

Sportznut

Reaction score
This is a known issue by RAM. There is quite a bit of info out there on it.

I will circle back if I can find the service bulletin info. I had my steering rack replaced under warranty (barely).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sportznut

Reaction score

Sportznut

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread