5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

Ready Go

Reaction score
If I gave you VON and or VIN would you be able to check on mine?
I don't have anything other than the Jeep & Ram Trackers..I was just responding back to a previous question PM'd to me which might have been confusing.

Last edited:

Ready Go

Reaction score
My dealer did just text me this message...but wasn't able to elaborate more.
I'm hoping this means I'm out of Body Vendor and back for Inspection, then Shipping! (Also, hoping not for a problem)
The Jeep Tracker for the first time ever started streaming for a Window Sticker when I logged on, but ultimately showed Not Available Yet.
@Rookey44 any word on yours?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912_162822.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_162822.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 13

Rookey44

Reaction score
I blame my hold up on the fact that none of the status pages nor Ram build site can actually show an image of my truck.. for some reason they do not like the Hydro Blue and Night Edition... LOL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912_175812_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_175812_Chrome.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Ready Go

Reaction score
I blame my hold up on the fact that none of the status pages nor Ram build site can actually show an image of my truck.. for some reason they do night like the Hydro Blue and Night Edition... LOL.
My 2024 Laramie G/T still doesn't have a picture either!
My 2023 Laramie G/T got one almost right away!
Our trucks really are kindred spirits😋

woodgrain

Reaction score
My 24 Laramie G/T was delivered to port 2 days ago. It’s now waiting to be picked up by the trucking company and have it delivered to the dealer.
Hopefully, it won’t be too long now before she’s ready for pick up!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are unqualified to do what I do, that's why I get paid the big bucks. But assembling cars? Give me a break.
Have you ever been inside a plant? I have. I've done work in about a dozen. Not easy work. I wouldn't want to work there. What do you do that you think you are worth more?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
everyone should tour an assembly plant to see just what goes on and how hard it is.
"Hard labor" and "skilled labor" are two different things. I have laborers who do "hard" work and they're the lowest-paid people on the jobsite - it's generally the kind of work that anyone could do (like sweeping, shoveling, etc.). "Skilled" labor is a different thing, and that's what commands higher pay.
So, what about an average assembly-line worker commands the kind of pay that corresponds with "skilled labor"? I'm sure everyone needs a certain amount of training to do the job. But do you need 10 years of experience, and advanced skills to install seats on the line? Probably not. I would guess that a 16 year old kid who just quit his job at McDonalds could probably do that work.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Have you ever been inside a plant? I have. I've done work in about a dozen. Not easy work. I wouldn't want to work there. What do you do that you think you are worth more?

You kidding, right? Your logic is full of holes...

I never said the work in the plants is easy (physically) or not challenging to some degree. What do I do? I work in finance with mathematical models. Physically challenging? - hardly. Requires a high level of education (MBA, CFA, PhD, etc.) and a higher level of acumen? Absolutely!

So to answer your question - Just like a brain surgeon, judge, astronauts, biochemist, etc. get paid top dollar for all the long years of education and grueling hours they had to put in order to be licensed and certified to do, so am I. I'm not trying to brag here or pretend I'm a better human being than any given UAW employee. I'm just trying to explain to you why some professions come with higher incomes. Are you really sitting here claiming a UAW employees is as valuable as a cancer researcher for example? How about a rocket scientist? Hedge fund manager?

Any able body can assemble cars. Not every able body can operate on a brain. You can teach an illegal immigrant how to stamp a piece of metal or assemble a car's dashboard. You can't teach mathematical models or aeronautic engineering to a guy off the street. There's a reason why different professions get paid differently. Otherwise, what's the incentive in going to college and busting my a55 for 6,7 or even 10 years, just to be paid the same as a high-school grad? Where's the incentive to dump a 5hitload of money and waste years, or even DECADES in education just to end up getting paid minimum wage? Or put the other way around - why bust my *** studying for years, when the high school dropout UAW worker will end up making just as me?

And speaking of minimum wage - UAW personnel get paid WELL ABOVE minimum wage.... better yet, try comparing them to a non-UAW assembly line worker... Toyota? Mercedes? how much their guys are getting paid?!? Give me a break!

I'm not claiming the UAW has been treated fairly by the big three. I'm not claiming some of their demands are not justified (healthcare, permanent vs. temp, tiers, COLA, retirement, etc.). But when it comes to hourly pay, to claim you want a 46% increase in your income AND work only 32 hours a week (laughable), is utter comedy! This is America! You want to work 32 hours a week? Go live in France... Show me one CEO who works 32 hours a week.... what a joke.

CEOs get compensated for their education, long career, and the cooperate ladder they climbed to get to where they are. If UAW workers want the same pay increase rate as that of a CEO then they should become CEOs themselves. Get their a55es back to school, go through the rigorous long educational path, work hard in corporate America, climb the corporate ladder, and then become a CEO of company themselves one day. Until then, if all they did was finish high school (some didn't even manage to do that) and never bothered to better themselves educationally to take on a more intellectually challenging career, they can't and shouldn't expect to be compensated like those who did. Not in this country. The UAW's approach is communist in nature - the collective should make the same, regardless if all he does is mount wheels on a new truck, or has a corner office and calls the shots. That doesn't work in a capitalistic system. If you want something in life, you need to work for it - not through whining and striking, but through education and hard work!

I can't believe I actually have to explain something as rudimentary as this to an adult. That's the type of conversation I have from time to time with my slacker youngest son.... You want to get somewhere in life? You have to work for it! Get your grades in shape!

Last edited:

dannydyn

Reaction score
"Hard labor" and "skilled labor" are two different things. I have laborers who do "hard" work and they're the lowest-paid people on the jobsite - it's generally the kind of work that anyone could do (like sweeping, shoveling, etc.). "Skilled" labor is a different thing, and that's what commands higher pay.
So, what about an average assembly-line worker commands the kind of pay that corresponds with "skilled labor"? I'm sure everyone needs a certain amount of training to do the job. But do you need 10 years of experience, and advanced skills to install seats on the line? Probably not. I would guess that a 16 year old kid who just quit his job at McDonalds could probably do that work.

Couldn't agree more! Physically challenging? Sure. Complicated and intellectually challenging? Hardly.

Ready Go

Reaction score
In case anyone cares, the 2024 Build & Price Configurator is LIVE now..concurrently with the 2023..and 2022(wtf) version!!
Once again, it's not 100% accurate!
The 2023 Laramie builder didn't have the G/T Package shown. The 2024 Laramie builder now has it, but not the Sport Package. The Dealership has all the options visible to them..the B&P Configurator is almost always inaccurate, but just an fyi for you..the 2024 version is live.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Hard for me to believe that Rookey44 and I have been stuck "In Production" for 13 days now!
I thought I hit the jackpot when I got notified on 9/01 than my truck was " In Production", now I can't believe I'm going to get jammed up by a possible strike after all🤮

Ready Go

Reaction score
WELLLL, this is just typical for me, my big a** foot in my mouth!!!
Let's see if it ships ASAP!!
NO Window Sticker yet, but....

@Rookey44 ...you too??!!

Update: this shows "Last Changed 2 days" but further down it list Sept 12th KZ-Vehicle Built (yesterday)...huh???😵‍💫

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913_113417.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913_113417.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
In case anyone cares, the 2024 Build & Price Configurator is LIVE now..concurrently with the 2023..and 2022(wtf) version!!
Once again, it's not 100% accurate!
The 2023 Laramie builder didn't have the G/T Package shown. The 2024 Laramie builder now has it, but not the Sport Package. The Dealership has all the options visible to them..the B&P Configurator is almost always inaccurate, but just an fyi for you..the 2024 version is live.
Didn’t know you can get a Laramie with GT package lol. Oops

Thought it was Rebel add on only :(

Forgot to add that to the build lol

Ready Go

Reaction score
Didn’t know you can get a Laramie with GT package lol. Oops

Thought it was Rebel add on only :(

Forgot to add that to the build lol
The 2023 B&P Configurator didn't show it for Laramie 4x4, but the dealer could build it out (I ordered one in May 2023, but it was TOTALLED after 7 days of ownership..not my fault).
2024 B&P shows it again (2022 did), but now Sport Appearance Pkg not shown..some programmer needs to get their crap together!

Rookey44

Reaction score
WELLLL, this is just typical for me, my big a** foot in my mouth!!!
Let's see if it ships ASAP!!
NO Window Sticker yet, but....

@Rookey44 ...you too??!!
Unfortunately no.. I am still listed in Production and my salesperson has gone radio silent the last 4 days.. so all I have is tracker info.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Unfortunately no.. I am still listed in Production and my salesperson has gone radio silent the last 4 days.. so all I have is tracker info.
Keep checking..bet you'll see it change really soon also!!
Ram & Jeep both now show Built (KZ) for Sept 12th.

Last edited:

dannydyn

Reaction score
Maybe I'm late to the party, but the Ram Build site shows a $3,000 national consumer rebate on the 2024 models?

Users who are viewing this thread