5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

Ready Go

Reaction score
those codes are what the factory and dealer use

the stuff you see on the internet are just to make you feel good or bad and to stop you from calling the dealer.

call the dealer
I'll try to reach him again, thanks!

dannydyn

Reaction score
Hot off the press:

15:51 ET 9/11/23 UAW reportedly lowers demand for pay raises to mid-30% range over next four years - Automotive News

• The Automotive News report cites people familiar with the offer.
  • earlier reports of the UAW seeking a 40%+ increase in hourly pay.

Ready Go

Reaction score
those codes are what the factory and dealer use

the stuff you see on the internet are just to make you feel good or bad and to stop you from calling the dealer.

call the dealer
Unfortunately, the dealership says they have no idea where my truck is since it went to the Body Vendor on 9/07. They said they won't know anything until it moves again. I would think there should be some status code update, but I guess I have to wait. I'm definitely losing confidence of Shipping before Thursday midnight strike deadline now😤

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the dealership says they have no idea where my truck is since it went to the Body Vendor on 9/07. They said they won't know anything until it moves again. I would think there should be some status code update, but I guess I have to wait. I'm definitely losing confidence of Shipping before Thursday midnight strike deadline now😤
ask dealer for the dealer connect report and a current poc.

dannydyn

Reaction score
My dealer can't give me anything more than estimated ship date (9/19 which is absolutely unrealistic), and D1 status which I can see myself using the tracker. I'm 100% headed for a strike. :cautious:

Ready Go

Reaction score
ask dealer for the dealer connect report and
The response I got earlier today, when I asked if there any updates/status code changes/way to find out hold up, was "No change, hasn't moved". And follow up response to my status question was equally short, so feel like they don't want to be bothered. I'm not the happiest, obviously.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
My dealer can't give me anything more than estimated ship date (9/19 which is absolutely unrealistic), and D1 status which I can see myself using the tracker. I'm 100% headed for a strike. :cautious:

I’m in the same boat with you. D1 status and dealer says estimated ship date of 9/17. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready Go

Reaction score
I believe Rookey44 is in the same boat as me..or at least, our trucks are at the Body Vendor together😋

Rookey44

Reaction score
I believe Rookey44 is in the same boat as me..or at least, our trucks are at the Body Vendor together😋
Yes I am. 11 days in "Production". My dealer didn't get back to me today and Ram Chat was useless, just repeating what I can read on the Ram Tracker.

Was getting ready to sell my 2019 Rebel, but holding off now considering we are now getting close to the strike deadline.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Yes I am. 11 days in "Production". My dealer didn't get back to me today and Ram Chat was useless, just repeating what I can read on the Ram Tracker.

Was getting ready to sell my 2019 Rebel, but holding off now considering we are now getting close to the strike deadline.
I will honestly say that when both our trucks went "In Production" on 9/01, that I truly thought our trucks would have been "Shipped" by now..I'm a bit shocked for sure!😦
Are they running dealer orders ahead of customer orders or something like that!?🤔
Our trucks are supposed to be getting the "Add ons", they're mainly built, so can't understand the stall in getting them done.
I'm wondering if my dealership knows more, but waiting to say.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My estimated ship day was today. Latest update was Saturday, trim. My truck should basically be built, and going to body vendor. I probably won't ship before the strike. It will sit completely built, as long as the strike lasts. I doubt yours starts before the strike.

6of36

Reaction score
If your dealer won't update, you guys have a bad dealer. I have no problem any time I contact AnthonyRI for updates. Body vendor has been known to take only one day, or over a week. Depends on how many accessories, and back log. There is no way to get info for body vendor status, just it's there or it's not. You will never get up to the minute info, but your dealer has access to the latest.

dannydyn

Reaction score
My estimated ship day was today. Latest update was Saturday, trim. My truck should basically be built, and going to body vendor. I probably won't ship before the strike. It will sit completely built, as long as the strike lasts. I doubt yours starts before the strike.
Yup

Ready Go

Reaction score
Body vendor has been known to take only one day, or over a week. Depends on how many accessories, and back log. There is no way to get info for body vendor status, just it's there or it's not. You will never get up to the minute info, but your dealer has access to the latest.
Thanks for the Body Vendor info!
I've been basing my estimate of getting through "In Production" from my 2023 G/T a few months ago..and what I've seen here on the Forum (which is limited, because not many have been completed yet). I'm surprised to be 12 days "In Production" without completion and would be only mildly annoyed if it weren't for the impending strike in less than 3 days.

dannydyn

Reaction score

👏👏👏

Praying something is drafted by the 14th...

According to Crain’s Chicago Business, Rich Boyer, vice president and head of the UAW’s Stellantis department, said Friday that’s optimistic that he can hammer out an agreement with the automaker to place a new product in Belvidere.

“It’s coming soon,” he said of a deal. “The minute I lock that in, which I think will know soon, I’ll scream from the top of the heavens.”

Stellantis said talks with the UAW are progressing and that the union submitted a counteroffer to its economic proposal on Sunday.

Both sides have reportedly reached agreements in areas such as health and safety.

There was good energy among both teams and great momentum to reach an agreement as we head into the final days before the contract expires Thursday night,” Tobin Williams, head of human resources for North America, wrote in an email to employees. “We are on a good path and remain committed to reaching a tentative agreement.”

6of36

Reaction score
If you are not near Detroit, you don't get accurate info. Even upper Michigan, it's not major news. My friend in Saginaw, doesn't get it there. There will be a strike. Negotiations are miles apart. Probably the biggest fight for the UAW, is 2 tier employees. Big three wants to eliminate the restrictions of using tier 2 employees, while the union wants to eliminate two tiers completely. Ford has increased dividends to shareholders by 150%. Not 50%, 150%. While making record money, they want to cut employee payroll, using minimum wage employees. While I am writing this, I just got notified of significant price increases coming form Stellantis.

Users who are viewing this thread