5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Jrodd52

Reaction score
How do you set up the Ram text updates?
When you order your truck, you should get an initial email from ram. There is a link to opt in for for texts towards the bottom of the email. I’ve only made it to D1 status so I only received one text so far and can’t vouch for how accurate or current texts are during the shipping and delivery. I would suggest to also contact dealer a few days after truck is built get an updated POC. Especially if traveling.

Hoya55

Reaction score
When you order your truck, you should get an initial email from ram. There is a link to opt in for for texts towards the bottom of the email. I’ve only made it to D1 status so I only received one text so far and can’t vouch for how accurate or current texts are during the shipping and delivery. I would suggest to also contact dealer a few days after truck is built get an updated POC. Especially if traveling.
There it is! Thank you for the education.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There it is! Thank you for the education.
He got you the answer before I logged back in. All the salesmen should tell people when they order about this option. I almost missed it myself.

Jrodd52

Reaction score
There really is no rhyme or reason to the order of the builds I take it.
Not from our perspective. I’ve thought about paint grouping, certain builds, trims, and shipping. From this spreadsheet, I can’t make any sense of the order of picking a VIN. For what it’s worth, we are only looking at a small sample size of what is being built and it would be hard to see any correlations based on this spreadsheet.

Dsmith333

Reaction score
I noticed something odd with the window stickers this weekend. Last Thursday I was able to retrieve my window sticker through www.chrysler.com but not ramdtrucks.com. It's the correct window sticker but later on Friday, I checked again and got the "a window sticker is not available" message no matter which link I used and in fact, get that same message if I try to pull up a window sticker from any entry on the tracking sheet. My truck will show up in it's own good time, subject to the whims of the factory and BNSF but I do wonder if the disappearance of the window sticker meant something.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not from our perspective. I’ve thought about paint grouping, certain builds, trims, and shipping. From this spreadsheet, I can’t make any sense of the order of picking a VIN. For what it’s worth, we are only looking at a small sample size of what is being built and it would be hard to see any correlations based on this spreadsheet.
You won't get much from a small sample size (like the tracker spreadsheet). On a grand scale, there appears to be some sense to what they do. Well, it doesn't make good sense - but there's a general pattern.
Ram moves through blocks of VIN groups on a consistent basis. For example, right now they're hitting the 650-653 groups really hard - they'll keep advancing into the 654-660 groups soon. But for any given group that they pass through, they only build some (or most) of them. They have a running backlog of older orders that they pick through at their leisure.

Reaction score
I noticed something odd with the window stickers this weekend. Last Thursday I was able to retrieve my window sticker through www.chrysler.com but not ramdtrucks.com. It's the correct window sticker but later on Friday, I checked again and got the "a window sticker is not available" message no matter which link I used and in fact, get that same message if I try to pull up a window sticker from any entry on the tracking sheet. My truck will show up in it's own good time, subject to the whims of the factory and BNSF but I do wonder if the disappearance of the window sticker meant something.
i think something is wrong with their website. my window sticker disappeared as well.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i think something is wrong with their website. my window sticker disappeared as well.
The window sticker servers have been jacked up since last Thursday. No new window stickers have shown up since then.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
Once it changes to "In Production" how long does it usually take to get to the "Vehicle Built" status?

c_bass16

Reaction score
OMG! That's unreal. I don't get it. There's others who have ordered and received theirs in 1/8 of the time. I might have given up and bought something else, or one off a lot somewhere.
I "heard" it was the GT package that was the hold up.
It's a 2023 Laramie GT Sport...just about canceled to order a Rebel Lunar...(but the order bank only allowed 2WD hahahaha)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I "heard" it was the GT package that was the hold up.
It's a 2023 Laramie GT Sport...just about canceled to order a Rebel Lunar...(but the order bank only allowed 2WD hahahaha)
That's weird. There have been 54 Lunar Rebels built so far, and 100% of them are 4x4.

Yzcr87

Reaction score
Mine moved right along, 2 weeks from the day I placed the order til built. Estimated delivery is 6/21.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523-105842~2.png
    Screenshot_20230523-105842~2.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 24

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's weird. There have been 54 Lunar Rebels built so far, and 100% of them are 4x4.
Things are really screwed up right now. You can only get a Laramie with a V8, if it is either 2wd or long bed.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Things are really screwed up right now. You can only get a Laramie with a V8, if it is either 2wd or long bed.
I find 35 Laramies with 2wd that have the Pentastar engines. But you're right on the long-bed option - they're all Hemis.

Users who are viewing this thread