5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Z1006

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie on 3/15. Still sitting at order confirmed.

Guess I should've bit the bullet and spent a bit more for a Limited.

John Galt

Reaction score

I almost did too….. but the difference between a Laramie and a Limited configured the way I wanted was like $3000.

If I’m already spending damn near 70….another 3 didn’t seem like that much.

Now showing estimated delivery of 5.25. We’ll see how accurate that is.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score

I ordered a Laramie on 3/18. I have the same status. I'm was kinda thinking the same thing about the Limited. I'm sure we'll get ours...eventually.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I almost did too….. but the difference between a Laramie and a Limited configured the way I wanted was like $3000.

If I’m already spending damn near 70….another 3 didn’t seem like that much.

Now showing estimated delivery of 5.25. We’ll see how accurate that is.
Yeah I gotta say Ram is pretty slick. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Laramie or a Rebel or a longhorn or a limited. If you equip it the same it costs the same. I could’ve got a limited with the same features as my Rebel (minus the offroad goodies) for a similar price. I just like the looks and function of the Rebel. Though the limited would’ve been more practical, obviously.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
FCA Affiliate Rewards

Home - Tread Lightly

For the new people who are ordering and waiting for their trucks, make sure you make an account with FCA Rewards but also you need to purchase the $100 membership from treadlightly. You will get your trucks for 1% less than invoice plus incentives. If you all don’t have a dealership offering you invoice already.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I gotta say Ram is pretty slick. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Laramie or a Rebel or a longhorn or a limited. If you equip it the same it costs the same. I could’ve got a limited with the same features as my Rebel (minus the offroad goodies) for a similar price. I just like the looks and function of the Rebel. Though the limited would’ve been more practical, obviously.
It really depends on your build and packages - for me the Laramie spec'd how I want it is $69,580 MSRP but a limited with the same options (plus others I don't care about) comes out at $75,780 MSRP for a difference of $6,200 MSRP. The Laramie has an additional $3,000 in incentives not offered on the Limited making it a total of $9.200 cheaper in that configuration.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA Affiliate Rewards

Home - Tread Lightly

For the new people who are ordering and waiting for their trucks, make sure you make an account with FCA Rewards but also you need to purchase the $100 membership from treadlightly. You will get your trucks for 1% less than invoice plus incentives. If you all don’t have a dealership offering you invoice already.
Even if you find a dealer pricing below invoice it can still pay as many dealers will give you another $500 off your agreed price if you have an affiliate number. My dealer is selling me the truck at invoice minus holdback and another $500 off for affiliate pricing plus additional incentives.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Many things on a Limited, are not available on a Rebel.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am finding it very frustrating to be 16 days from placing the order and it still doesn't show on the tracker or when contacting chat. They just keep telling me to contact my dealer. I have the VON and VIN and dealer said it was in D status but I wish I could watch the progress!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am finding it very frustrating to be 16 days from placing the order and it still doesn't show on the tracker or when contacting chat. They just keep telling me to contact my dealer. I have the VON and VIN and dealer said it was in D status but I wish I could watch the progress!
16 days and you expect to see it? There have been a few start assembly after a few weeks, but most are at least a month or more. Some waited 6 months.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
16 days and you expect to see it? There have been a few start assembly after a few weeks, but most are at least a month or more. Some waited 6 months.
I get that the status may not update for several weeks, I just want to be able to monitor the status on the tracking site. The dealer said he was averaging 2 months on most of his orders recently so you just never know. I manage a fleet at work and have seen Fords take more than 12 months but that was when it was really bad in 21/22.

John Galt

Reaction score
D means not all parts have been allocated for production yet

Jrodd52

Reaction score
I get that the status may not update for several weeks, I just want to be able to monitor the status on the tracking site. The dealer said he was averaging 2 months on most of his orders recently so you just never know. I manage a fleet at work and have seen Fords take more than 12 months but that was when it was really bad in 21/22.
Based on his previous posts, I think what he was referring too, was the ram tracker hasn’t worked for him since he cancelled his first order. His second order isn’t updated in the ram tracker and his information is blank even though he has a new VIN for his second order.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on his previous posts, I think what he was referring too, was the ram tracker hasn’t worked for him since he cancelled his first order. His second order isn’t updated in the ram tracker and his information is blank even though he has a new VIN for his second order.
Yep - you are correct. Not a big deal I just want to have updates so I know when production starts so I cab start stripping all my aftermarket parts off my current truck and get my incentives in order etc. to time everything out for when the new truck arrives and have everything go smooth. Just seems random that thr tracking site updates within a day for some orders and takes a few weeks for others.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Many things on a Limited, are not available on a Rebel.
Such as? All I can come up with off my head are the quilted leather, giant rims, bedazzled shifter, power steps, and vented seats.

Z1006

Reaction score
The Laramie I ordered is 74k. The Limited would've been 84k. The Limited would've had a few more bells and whistles, but nothing I actually wanted (air suspension) to pay for. I just couldn't justify it.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Laramie I ordered is 74k. The Limited would've been 84k. The Limited would've had a few more bells and whistles, but nothing I actually wanted (air suspension) to pay for. I just couldn't justify it.
An optioned Rebel to get the things I wanted but didn't have in my 2020 Rebel got me well into Limited pricing. I opted for luxury as I did not use my Rebel in any real offroad fashion. I wouldn't consider air suspension a bell and whistle...bells and whistles come in Level 1..

Users who are viewing this thread