5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Atvdinner

Reaction score
Yes, my truck shipped on 2/19. Been sitting in Selkirk, NY since 2/21 waiting on a transport to CT. Had a ETA of 3/7, but that just moved back to the 15th. If you are in MA, Maybe both of our trucks are in the same location waiting for a transport vehicle to our dealerships.
I think i missed something here. Let me clear it up a bit, or try anyway. I'm in Maine, way up in the sticks of Maine. My truck is in East Brookfield mass waiting for a truck to take it north. I suppose it is possible that our trucks could make it on the same transportation. However, there are only a few drivers that come up this way. It's possible he's just waiting for enough trucks to take up this way to fill his. As far as I know my Eta hasn't changed, I'll ask my dealer next week. The 13th is just to far away for me to think they'd change it right now. Anyway I hope both our trucks show up soon. It's going to be like a kid at Christmas time..... For me anyway.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, my truck shipped on 2/19. Been sitting in Selkirk, NY since 2/21 waiting on a transport to CT. Had a ETA of 3/7, but that just moved back to the 15th. If you are in MA, Maybe both of our trucks are in the same location waiting for a transport vehicle to our dealerships.
My dealer said it is typically 1-2 weeks for them from when they see shipped in Dealer Connect to when it arrives at the dealership. Guess I will be putting that to the test.

$Bill

Reaction score
I just got an email an hour ago. I'm new here but it sounds like the shipping is the problem. Trucks get built and then sit awaiting transport.

I'm guessing it will be way later than April 9th. And I feel for you guys that ordered in the fall. They didn't start production until December, correct?

1677877790733.png

LGB24

Reaction score
I just got an email an hour ago. I'm new here but it sounds like the shipping is the problem. Trucks get built and then sit awaiting transport.

I'm guessing it will be way later than April 9th. And I feel for you guys that ordered in the fall. They didn't start production until December, correct?

View attachment 153618
BLUF: Expect every phase to take 2-3 weeks or more.

There are a lot of issues. Shipping is one. Body vendor can be another. I ordered on 9/5/22 and went into production on 1/21/2023 (well over a month after Ram, started production in December and several months after the initial estimated October production start date). Ram didn't finish building the truck until 2/10/2023, mostly because it was with the body vendor for over two weeks. Now it's been sitting around waiting for shipping for three weeks. And once it ships, it sounds like that can easily take a couple weeks. My ETA was 2/26, and now the ETA has been TBD for a week.

Your build is very similar to mine. I would expect to be in the build phase for a while because you might get stuck at the body vendor. Then you'll probably sit around for a while after that waiting for it to ship to a lot somewhere. And then you'll probably sit around for another couple weeks while you wait on someone to put it on a truck and drive it to your dealership.

Last edited:

$Bill

Reaction score
BLUF: Expect every phase to take 2-3 weeks or more.

There are a lot of issues. Shipping is one. Body vendor can be another. I ordered on 9/5/22 and went into production on 1/21/2023 (well over a month after Ram, started production in December and several months after the initial estimated October production start date). Ram didn't finish building the truck until 2/10/2023, mostly because it was with the body vendor for over two weeks. Now it's been sitting around waiting for shipping for three weeks. And once it ships, it sounds like that can easily take a couple weeks. My ETA was 2/26, and now the ETA has been TBD for a week.

Your build is very similar to mine. I would expect to be in the build phase for a while because you might get stuck at the body vendor. Then you'll probably sit around for a while after that waiting for it to ship to a lot somewhere. And then you'll probably sit around for another couple weeks while you wait on someone to put it on a truck and drive it to your dealership.

That was pretty much my thought.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
My estimated delivery date is 3/11 but the pizza tracker shows shipped date as TBD. What are the chances I will see the truck in a week? I am in KY.

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
It's really a shame that the experience has been night and day depending on WHEN you ordered. My original order was back in Aug 2022 - that truck finally got delivered to dealer at the end of feb but by then we were so frustrated we had already placed a new order with a different dealer. That 2nd order from Jan has already been built and is in the shipping process - now when it'll arrive I don't yet know but it's ETA is end of Mar. My point though is that my 2nd order experience has been a reasonable time frame and the process has been great - and if/when we get that truck we'll be happy (at least we sure hope so!).

I kinda feel like Ram shouldn't have taken orders back in Aug/Sept when they knew they weren't starting production until Dec (?) or at the very least they should have been clear with their dealers on the time frame. My dealer (like many others) told us it would take "8-12 weeks" and that if we ordered in Aug, we'd expect to get the truck around Thankgiving (Nov 2022) - that was way off since the truck didn't even go into production until Jan 2023. If we'd simply been told back in Aug 2022 that we wouldn't get the truck until Q1 2023 we could have made a more informed decision (and probably just bought a 2022), but we didn't get that info and that's been frustrating.

And then there is the whole issue of people who placed orders back in Aug/Sept/Oct but saw other people who had similar builds and ordered in Dec/Jan get their trucks built, shipped, and delivered before them - I'm sure there must be some MBA Operational Management & Supply Chain issue behind it all (at least I'd like to think there's a valid reason) but to the commoners like us it doesn't make sense. That's frustrating.

This is my first special order vehicle - would I place another in the future? If so, it won't be until after I know the manufacturer has STARTED production and even with that I'm not sure. We started this process back in April 2022 and could have been driving a 2022 for nearly a year now - it wasn't 100% every little thing we wanted like our special order, but it was 90% the same and had I known it would take a year to get 100% of everything then I think we'd have taken the 90% truck and never looked back. Then again, ask me after we get our special order and maybe I'll feel different.

To all those still waiting, I salute you and hope that the long wait ends up paying off with satisfaction in getting everything u wanted - you've certainly EARNED it!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's really a shame that the experience has been night and day depending on WHEN you ordered. My original order was back in Aug 2022 - that truck finally got delivered to dealer at the end of feb but by then we were so frustrated we had already placed a new order with a different dealer. That 2nd order from Jan has already been built and is in the shipping process - now when it'll arrive I don't yet know but it's ETA is end of Mar. My point though is that my 2nd order experience has been a reasonable time frame and the process has been great - and if/when we get that truck we'll be happy (at least we sure hope so!).

I kinda feel like Ram shouldn't have taken orders back in Aug/Sept when they knew they weren't starting production until Dec (?) or at the very least they should have been clear with their dealers on the time frame. My dealer (like many others) told us it would take "8-12 weeks" and that if we ordered in Aug, we'd expect to get the truck around Thankgiving (Nov 2022) - that was way off since the truck didn't even go into production until Jan 2023. If we'd simply been told back in Aug 2022 that we wouldn't get the truck until Q1 2023 we could have made a more informed decision (and probably just bought a 2022), but we didn't get that info and that's been frustrating.

And then there is the whole issue of people who placed orders back in Aug/Sept/Oct but saw other people who had similar builds and ordered in Dec/Jan get their trucks built, shipped, and delivered before them - I'm sure there must be some MBA Operational Management & Supply Chain issue behind it all (at least I'd like to think there's a valid reason) but to the commoners like us it doesn't make sense. That's frustrating.

This is my first special order vehicle - would I place another in the future? If so, it won't be until after I know the manufacturer has STARTED production and even with that I'm not sure. We started this process back in April 2022 and could have been driving a 2022 for nearly a year now - it wasn't 100% every little thing we wanted like our special order, but it was 90% the same and had I known it would take a year to get 100% of everything then I think we'd have taken the 90% truck and never looked back. Then again, ask me after we get our special order and maybe I'll feel different.

To all those still waiting, I salute you and hope that the long wait ends up paying off with satisfaction in getting everything u wanted - you've certainly EARNED it!
I have never ordered before. When I went to the build site back in December I was 'allowed to build a 2022...was trying to get the 10th Anniversary... and sent it to my dealer. He placed the order...later through this forum I learned 2022 orders had closed in October so I followed up and questioned did you really order a 2022? They couldn't order a 2022 so ordered a 2023 and swapped for the Elite package. I was fine with that as that would have been the same change I would have made. But what I don't understand is why ordering a 2023 way back in 2022 and expecting to get it in 2022 when there were still 2022 models being built and arriving at dealers. Seems like Ram confused the issue at the start with what they were allowing to be 'built' and when. You can literally still go to the site and build a 2022. That seems silly at this point.

LGB24

Reaction score
I have never ordered before. When I went to the build site back in December I was 'allowed to build a 2022...was trying to get the 10th Anniversary... and sent it to my dealer. He placed the order...later through this forum I learned 2022 orders had closed in October so I followed up and questioned did you really order a 2022? They couldn't order a 2022 so ordered a 2023 and swapped for the Elite package. I was fine with that as that would have been the same change I would have made. But what I don't understand is why ordering a 2023 way back in 2022 and expecting to get it in 2022 when there were still 2022 models being built and arriving at dealers. Seems like Ram confused the issue at the start with what they were allowing to be 'built' and when. You can literally still go to the site and build a 2022. That seems silly at this point.
I really didn’t care much about the digital cluster and specifically asked for a 2022 in September. They said nope sorry. And no one can tell me that Ram needed 3 months worth of 2023 truck orders in the pipeline before starting 2023 production. If that were the case, we’d have been built first.

GPV1

Reaction score
Big day today, all the dots filled in and she shipped! We'll see how long that takes but I feel very fortunate and honestly surprised at the speedy progress from order to build, to on it's way to my Dealer...
Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.53.17 AM.png

LGB24

Reaction score
Big day today, all the dots filled in and she shipped! We'll see how long that takes but I feel very fortunate and honestly surprised at the speedy progress from order to build, to on it's way to my Dealer...
View attachment 153644
Congratulations - truly glad to see you got yours so quickly. On the other hand, Ram can take your January 28, 2023 order and shove it up their tailpipe.

Also GTFO with same-day shipping.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Joke's on you - My truck won't come in until the 2025 model.
I wonder if it's a dealer relationship thing with Ram that moves things along. Makes no sense that your truck has not shipped yet...but that's just a logical take on it. At least it ls not shipped and in purgatory for weeks waiting to get to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread