5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How does that effect an invoice though? I figuered once invoiced and that invoice was approved, the ownership would change. I could be wrong but that's how I thought of the process.
When you pay for an item from Amazon, do you control the shipping process at that point?

Ulster

Reaction score
When you pay for an item from Amazon, do you control the shipping process at that point?
That's consumer. In the products world it is much more complex. For example, many incoterms assign paper ownership once a product lands at a freight forwarder...which the purchasing entity does control the shipping method from that point. But I have no idea how it works in automotive.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's consumer. In the products world it is much more complex. For example, many incoterms assign paper ownership once a product lands at a freight forwarder...which the purchasing entity does control the shipping method from that point. But I have no idea how it works in automotive.
From my ordering/delivery experience, I agree with the others. Dealers are just as powerless to control the shipping process as buyers. As far as I can tell, it's 100% a Ram thing until it shows up on the lot. A while back, I heard a couple of things about FCA union agreements that suggested there was nothing anyone could do to change up the process.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
You know, I never thought about it like that.
Amazon doesn't control it either. So is the shipping company owned by RAM? If not the control is in the hands of the currier? Genuinely curious.

spithead051

Reaction score
You know, I never thought about it like that.
Amazon doesn't control it either. So is the shipping company owned by RAM? If not the control is in the hands of the currier? Genuinely curious.

Probably contracted carriers as I doubt RAM wants to run a vehicle logistics company just like they use rail carriers and not RAM TRAIN FREIGHT. How the trucks are sequenced to the carriers for dealer delivery is just as much of a mystery as the rest of their production decision making.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
Probably contracted carriers as I doubt RAM wants to run a vehicle logistics company just like they use rail carriers and not RAM TRAIN FREIGHT. How the trucks are sequenced to the carriers for dealer delivery is just as much of a mystery as the rest of their production decision making.
You mean the chicken has control over transportation too!?!
Is it to late to bow to the all great chicken?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You mean the chicken has control over transportation too!?!
Is it to late to bow to the all great chicken?
I don't know if that joke has made it to the 5th Gen forum yet or not

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
as someone who has ordered over 4 vehicles from chrysler/fca/stellantis
I got to know the old fleet manager, (which was the old way to order a vehicle)
shipping is handled by stellantis, they have contracts with the railroads and trucking companies.
this is why a dealer can not go to some location and pick up vehicles

remember they have to deal with all vehicles not just our trucks

pay attention when you see truck vehicles carrying new vehicles in 99.9 percent of the time you only see vehicles from one manufacturer on that carrier.

bronco44

Reaction score
Glad to see @RamCares is listening in, my delivery ETA was pushed to 3/13. My RAM bonus cash expires 3/11, is it possible to get that again?
I posted some steps here that I use to get it fire every single time:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Glad to see @RamCares is listening in, my delivery ETA was pushed to 3/13. My RAM bonus cash expires 3/11, is it possible to get that again?
Hey there,

We're sorry to hear this. We recommend giving our incentives line a call at 800-227-0757. They will be able to assist you with your questions about your Ram cash!

Callie
Ram Cares

LGB24

Reaction score
I looked around some more. No other manufacturer has what I want. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be annoyed if I don't get a Ram because I bought a Ford, GMC, or Tundra or something, and I'll be annoyed if I don't get a Ram because Ram apparently doesn't like to ship and deliver trucks on time. In either case, I'm going to be annoyed. Might as well be annoyed knowing I'll eventually get what I want...even if it's in 2026. You win, Ram. You win.

Last edited:

mainjet

Reaction score
I looked around some more. No other manufacturer has what I want. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be annoyed if I don't get a Ram because I bought a Ford, GMC, or Tundra or something, and I'll be annoyed if I don't get a Ram because Ram apparently doesn't like to ship and deliver trucks on time. In either case, I'm going to be annoyed. Might as well be annoyed knowing I'll eventually get what I want...even if it's in 2026. You win, Ram. You win.
It’s comin’ man. I know it’s been a long long wait but it’s almost over. It’s built and you are on the last leg of this journey. You are going to love the truck. It’s super comfortable and roomy. It sounds great and is just all around awesome. Stick it out, you want this truck.

spithead051

Reaction score

I'll tell you what, this latest delay over the fact RAM can't move a finished truck 40 miles just ruined the whole "experience" for me. I feel like they could call me right now and say the truck is ready or the whole order has been canceled, try again and my response would be exactly the same "meh"

It's like waiting for Christmas but because your parents didn't put the presents under the tree you just have to sit and wait.

LGB24

Reaction score
I'll tell you what, this latest delay over the fact RAM can't move a finished truck 40 miles just ruined the whole "experience" for me. I feel like they could call me right now and say the truck is ready or the whole order has been canceled, try again and my response would be exactly the same "meh"

It's like waiting for Christmas but because your parents didn't put the presents under the tree you just have to sit and wait.
I can tell you one thing...I have no plans to ever order a vehicle ever again. This process is disaster.

motstock

Reaction score
After a 4 month wait my truck hit build and just flew through. Bought my ticket to New Orleans, hope she shows up on time!!!

Attachments

• 7FCE2B7A-3F95-480A-A527-131D456302C9.png
    7FCE2B7A-3F95-480A-A527-131D456302C9.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 19

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I'm not sure where @triple_B is, I haven't seen him since Friday 2/24. I'll try to fill in where I can on the daily production data. I'm not set up with all of his magic, so I can only provide the raw data (not the charts and such).

For yesterday (2/27/23), there were 1623 build sheets, none were forum members.
  • Big Horn 869
  • Laramie 348
  • Limited 216
  • Longhorn 55
  • Rebel/Sport 41
  • Sport 1
  • Tradesman 5
  • TRX 88
418 window stickers in the evening, none were forum members.

Users who are viewing this thread