5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Ulster

Reaction score
Truck arrived at dealer this morning and just picked it up, drove it home. Checked battery voltage and it was 12.8 so plugged it into a battery tender.

f24ae37ea81929c5c08502eaf41a9b17.jpg
Is your garage actually a blimp hanger? :)

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 965 Window Stickers tonight. 3 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @motstock, @Pclantz, @RyGuy0062

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
509586 @motstockXX
1​
3/26/2023​
LouisianaIvoryLimited
545158 @pclantzXX
6​
3/23/2023​
MassachusettsIvoryLaramie
570343 @RyGuy0062XX
13​
3/20/2023​
GeorgiaWalnutLonghorn
573095 @GPV1FRAME
3/31/2023​
NJGraniteLimited

lyz9518

Reaction score
Just got the truck but the multi-function tailgate looks a bit weird and improperly installed. Also often times it does not close properly even I slam the door really hard. Does anyone have the same problem?

Attachments

• 63772684-091E-4910-9B86-8B1BFCF08A26.jpeg
    63772684-091E-4910-9B86-8B1BFCF08A26.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 58

spithead051

Reaction score
Just got the truck but the multi-function tailgate looks a bit weird and improperly installed. Also often times it does not close properly even I slam the door really hard. Does anyone have the same problem?

Looks like an alignment issue, take it back to the dealer and have them correct it.

Goodone

Reaction score
it looks easy to be added after the fact, look at this video

you could take your truck and buy the system after, maybe the system kit is available (mopar dealer that has it stock)even tho the option is not through ordering

I would assume this could also be a dealer install to insure it is warranted.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would assume this could also be a dealer install to insure it is warranted.
I keep trying to get this off of this thread, because it's not part of production, but I mentioned this is the reason I refused the truck I had been discussing here. I have since started a separate thread. The system pictured, is the accessory you buy to mount on the trailer, to get the surround view. There is also another trailer camera system that has one camera, that will show in digital rear view mirror. The truck has to have the 12 pin at the back, to plug it in to. I have been told by two dealers, it is not available at this time with Limited 1, or Elite packages. Nobody knows why. I am still trying to find out if the harness is there, to add the 12 pin outlet.

GPV1

Reaction score
1173 Build Sheets found today. 1 more forum members with a truck starting production! Congratulations to @GPV1

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
573095 @GPV1X
3/31/2023​
New JerseyGraniteLimited
Thanks again @triple_B !! 3/31 would be 2 months from order to delivery. Things can change and probably will, but that's outstanding if I even get it close to that ETA.

JB16V

Reaction score
Thanks again @triple_B !! 3/31 would be 2 months from order to delivery. Things can change and probably will, but that's outstanding if I even get it close to that ETA.
2 months. That’s nice! I’m right behind you on the list. A limited as well. But still in “D”. I hope the 6’4” box I opted for doesn’t result in an extended lead time.

Djennings94

Reaction score
2 months. That’s nice! I’m right behind you on the list. A limited as well. But still in “D”. I hope the 6’4” box I opted for doesn’t result in an extended lead time.
It shouldn't. I ordered a 6'4" mid January. Mine is built and sitting in Maryland waiting on truck transport.

spithead051

Reaction score

You ordered recently, which means you should have yours quickly.

Those of us who ordered early get to stare at Dealer Connect updates daily showing that it is too much of a task to move a truck 45 minutes to the dealer.

Djennings94

Reaction score

Those of us who ordered early get to stare at Dealer Connect updates daily showing that it is too much of a task to move a truck 45 minutes to the dealer.
Nothing from the dealer either on movement from Jessup to MD?

bronco44

Reaction score

I just got a text from Ram saying my truck is built and should ship soon even though the website updated 5 days ago saying it was built on 2/19. I'm hoping this means that it's actually about to ship or has shipped 🤞

Maybe your and Djennings trucks felt bad for leaving mine behind and are waiting in MD before their final voyage to VA 🤣

spithead051

Reaction score
I just got a text from Ram saying my truck is built and should ship soon even though the website updated 5 days ago saying it was built on 2/19. I'm hoping this means that it's actually about to ship or has shipped 🤞

Maybe your and Djennings trucks felt bad for leaving mine behind and are waiting in MD before their final voyage to VA 🤣

All I know is that it better be at the dealer by 3/5. There is zero excuse for it to be a second late with how long it has sat in MD.

I've been pretty patient the whole time because there are a lot of factors that affect production, assembly, rail movement, etc. but RAM has full control over when it gets put on a truck and there are multiple trucks going to Koons daily. If there is a point in this whole process where the oldest order gets processed first, it is now.

bronco44

Reaction score
All I know is that it better be at the dealer by 3/5. There is zero excuse for it to be a second late with how long it has sat in MD.

I've been pretty patient the whole time because there are a lot of factors that affect production, assembly, rail movement, etc. but RAM has full control over when it gets put on a truck and there are multiple trucks going to Koons daily. If there is a point in this whole process where the oldest order gets processed first, it is now.
I agree, your truck should definitely beat mine there. It is ridiculous it's sat in MD for so long.

I don't know how any of this works but I always assumed the truck ride from the train yard to the dealer was controlled by the dealer. So I figured there weren't enough trucks waiting to warrant a shipment from Koons perspective. But if they are getting deliveries daily, I'd be livid.

Users who are viewing this thread