5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

GrayRam20

Reaction score
I finally got some movement on mine! View attachment 146156
I have found this system isnt always up to date: my salesman (buddy of mine) had a vin to me on 12/8! I've been looking on the site tracker 1/wk since, Rams "dominos" tracker doesn't give anything but a confirmed order date. No vin on the tracker yet. just 11/15/2022 order confirmation ... I'm hoping next week it just goes to delivery status haha.

2023 Ram Bighorn Backcountry pkg 2. I was just upset about color choices....... very limited when i was ordering white/pat blue/ Dels red. wanted gray again.....no luck.... went with white.
Hope yours is in the driveway soon!!

motstock

Reaction score
Just curious, how are people able to start the trucks to steal them? are the keys left out? or is there some easy way to hijack the signal that the keys put out?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, how are people able to start the trucks to steal them? are the keys left out? or is there some easy way to hijack the signal that the keys put out?
I assume you’re asking about the factory thefts.

I’ve heard (but can’t confirm) that the key fobs are left in the trucks.

But if the key fobs are nearby, there are sniffing devices that can relay the signal and allow a thief to start the truck.

And failing that, a laptop and some software allows a thief to program a new key fob and drive away.

Sleep well.

vetobe

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long a truck typically stays in the production category. The tracker says ”In Production” since January 9th. Do they ever pull them out waiting for parts once they start production?

mainjet

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long a truck typically stays in the production category. The tracker says ”In Production” since January 9th. Do they ever pull them out waiting for parts once they start production?
IMHO it stays “ in production” until you can’t take it anymore +10 days.

LGB24

Reaction score
Who knows. The "typical" time ranges are all garbage anyways. I've been in "Scheduled" status for over a month. Ram told me twice that I should have started production last week and that trucks stay in Scheduled status for 15-21 days. Yet, here I am...still in Scheduled status... Now I'm being told I'll start production this week. I'll believe it when I see it. And even then, it's probably just a glitch in the system.

vetobe

Reaction score
Who knows. The "typical" time ranges are all garbage anyways. I've been in "Scheduled" status for over a month. Ram told me twice that I should have started production last week and that trucks stay in Scheduled status for 15-21 days. Yet, here I am...still in Scheduled status... Now I'm being told I'll start production this week. I'll believe it when I see it. And even then, it's probably just a glitch in the system.
Talk about a weird addiction - watch and refresh the tracker hoping it is going to change with the expectation that the delivery date is right (though estimated LOL). It reminds me of movies where a junkie keeps getting strung along.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
I assume you’re asking about the factory thefts.

I’ve heard (but can’t confirm) that the key fobs are left in the trucks.

But if the key fobs are nearby, there are sniffing devices that can relay the signal and allow a thief to start the truck.

And failing that, a laptop and some software allows a thief to program a new key fob and drive away.

Sleep well.
o_O That easy...OMG!

mainjet

Reaction score
My truck went into production 1/9, was in paint on the 10th, I got my build sheet on 1/11. Haven’t heard anything since. Pizza tracker still says “In production”. Police scanner says nothing. Dealer didn’t answer my request for a new POC.

So like I said - all you can take +10 days

StickVA

Reaction score
My truck went into production 1/9, was in paint on the 10th, I got my build sheet on 1/11. Haven’t heard anything since. Pizza tracker still says “In production”. Police scanner says nothing. Dealer didn’t answer my request for a new POC.

So like I said - all you can take +10 days
How do you know when the truck goes through the different stages of production (E.g, paint, trim, etc)? Does the change show up in the Ram Tracker or is there some other way to know?

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
My Pizza Tracker updated today to "in production" 17 Jan 23 with ETA 26 Feb 23. Let's hope it doesn't take that long.
almost my same build, maybe good luck for mine to build next week as scheduled. didnt get the ram box or the multi function.

Chaos79

Reaction score
almost my same build, maybe good luck for mine to build next week as scheduled. didnt get the ram box or the multi function.
my dealership told me on 9 Jan that it was supposed to go to production on the 19th, so that's good so far. End of Feb does still seem a ways out though...

Users who are viewing this thread