5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

motstock

Reaction score
Well i’m taking the opportunity to make a change to order and get the 3.92 rear axle. so who knows maybe the move back in status helps seeing that I can’t seem to make my mind up.

bronco44

Reaction score
Ordered from Koons on Friday. Their email said expect 6-8 weeks for delivery. Came here to see how that time compared to what people were really seeing and saw that it's more like 6-8 months. Just went back and re-read the email and it's 6-8 weeks once it hits production...consider my dreams shattered. But I look forward to refreshing my pizza tracker every few minutes with the rest of you!

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
aaaah! Talked the dealer, I’m moved back to D status. This is excruciating.
This is concerning, im scheduled for next week. Hope its not a part issue for the Night edition or ill be moving back as well.

lzj

Reaction score
aaaah! Talked the dealer, I’m moved back to D status. This is excruciating.
The same here….went back to D. My order is exactly the same as yours. My dealer told me there is a construction from RAM and the current TENTATIVE ship date is 2/8. Who knows what does this mean. I guess they just give me a made date and have their desperate customer stop complaining.

lzj

Reaction score
This is concerning, im scheduled for next week. Hope it’s not a part issue for the Night edition or I’ll be moving back as well.
Seems the night edition is not the issue since some of the newest building sheets have night edition. I suspect the 33-gallons tank would be the issue because I didn’t see any of them have 33-gallon tank but I do.

lzj

Reaction score
The same here….went back to D. My order is exactly the same as yours. My dealer told me there is a construction from RAM and the current TENTATIVE ship date is 2/8. Who knows what does this mean. I guess they just give me a made date and have their desperate customer stop complaining.
My bad, I meant constraints from RAM.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
what you see happening going from D-1 back to D is nothing new
happened for the 2022 model year trucks
it is all about parts availablity showing up at the assembly plant in a timily manner

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Seems the night edition is not the issue since some of the newest building sheets have night edition. I suspect the 33-gallons tank would be the issue because I didn’t see any of them have 33-gallon tank but I do.
doesn't make me feel better, i have one of those also lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are going to drive yourselves crazy trying to figure it out (and you won't figure it out). For every random theory about "which missing part" it is, I can debunk it. This happened last year too.

For example, there were 1067 build sheets today. 311 of them have the 33-gallon tank.

Any restrictions or back-slides in production slots won't be from something that you're seeing on today's build sheets. It will be due to an UPCOMING shortage in their supply lines.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Y'all are going to drive yourselves crazy trying to figure it out (and you won't figure it out). For every random theory about "which missing part" it is, I can debunk it. This happened last year too.

For example, there were 1067 build sheets today. 311 of them have the 33-gallon tank.

Any restrictions or back-slides in production slots won't be from something that you're seeing on today's build sheets. It will be due to an UPCOMING shortage in their supply lines.
what's your experience with getting rescheduled. is it usually a week or 2 delay? Just curious.

thanks

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what's your experience with getting rescheduled. is it usually a week or 2 delay? Just curious.

thanks
It's all over the place, there's no general rule. If you got kicked down to D, then there's an undetermined amount of time to get back to D1 (then usually 2-3 weeks in D1 before going to production). Last year, a lot of orders got kicked back to C. Those were delayed more, and some were cancelled. But most of the reports I heard on that were because of Ram audits of the dealers for fraudulent orders.

lzj

Reaction score
My tentative ship date is about one month delay, originally 1/12 shipment.

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
Ordered from Koons on Friday. Their email said expect 6-8 weeks for delivery. Came here to see how that time compared to what people were really seeing and saw that it's more like 6-8 months. Just went back and re-read the email and it's 6-8 weeks once it hits production...consider my dreams shattered. But I look forward to refreshing my pizza tracker every few minutes with the rest of you!
I ordered a very similar build as your up in Leesburg, VA in Sept. I really do hope you get your's in 6-8 weeks, but it seems very random. Hell, you might get your's before mine even hits the line.

bronco44

Reaction score
I ordered a very similar build as your up in Leesburg, VA in Sept. I really do hope you get your's in 6-8 weeks, but it seems very random. Hell, you might get your's before mine even hits the line.
I appreciate that, I'd love to get it that quick too. But I'd also love for all of us to get our trucks in a more reasonable and logical time frame.

OneEmmanuel

Reaction score
Quick question for those that got a 2023 Rebel…

I think I’m going crazy. I could have sworn that the front grab handles were leather wrapped. I got my windows tinted at a shop and noticed that one of the grab handles was scratched but then I realized that there was no leather wrapping. Does the ‘23 Rebel come with the wrapping?

LGB24

Reaction score

I think I’m going crazy. I could have sworn that the front grab handles were leather wrapped. I got my windows tinted at a shop and noticed that one of the grab handles was scratched but then I realized that there was no leather wrapping. Does the ‘23 Rebel come with the wrapping?
Those of us who ordered a 2023 Rebel will be happy to let you know in 2025 when we get our trucks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Doesn't appear so. My TRX has wrapped handles, and the build sheet lists "Driver/Psngr Assist Handles, Wrapped".

But out of the 2,379 Rebel build sheets for 2023, none of them include that phrase. They just list "Driver/Passenger Assist Handles".
Conversely, all of the 4,425 Limited build sheets (for 2023) list "Driver/Psngr Assists Handles, Wrapped".
No Laramies have them, but all Longhorns have them.

OneEmmanuel

Reaction score
Doesn't appear so. My TRX has wrapped handles, and the build sheet lists "Driver/Psngr Assist Handles, Wrapped".

But out of the 2,379 Rebel build sheets for 2023, none of them include that phrase. They just list "Driver/Passenger Assist Handles".
Conversely, all of the 4,425 Limited build sheets (for 2023) list "Driver/Psngr Assists Handles, Wrapped".
No Laramies have them, but all Longhorns have them.
Thanks, Eighty! Figured I was going crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/